I don't like you.

Back to School

25/02

Dear Selene,

This letter has been sent to communicate you that you've been chosen for a school project. We want to see how university students react to highschool, so your old class will be put together again, and we'll add a few new classmates. The project lasts in a month, during which you will be able to study again the subjects you surely loved, keep old friendships alive and make new ones. Since this is a government project, you have to take part in it or your university won't allow you to graduate. Hoping you will have fun, we will wait for you on February 25th for the beginning of the lessons.

I read the letter again and again. There was no way to escape. I had to come back to school, to the place that ruined my teens the most, with the people who destroyed my life. I wanted to cry... and all this because the government froze my exams. I had to endure a month of hell, just in order to let the other hell continue.

I repressed the need to puke as I walked through the doors, observing the cute baby highschoolers in the halls. Geez, they can't even imagine what will they go through in their future. They can't imagine that a class made by now 21 years old university students will be revived and will invade their spaces... How will we do sports? I remember we always shared the gym with other classes. How will they react to us? I mean, they are fourteen from eighteen! I am not saying I hate them or anything, I have been a teen too... but they are so different, so ingenuous, so... protected. They can't notice, of course, how much the school's walls protect them. Outside there, after graduating, they will start to know what is world. They will finish school and grow up all of a sudden. I am not saying that I'm an adult either, it's just that I clearly feel the differences between university and highschool. Expecially my highschool: I remember it was our second home, I loved to stay there even after school; I loved to speak with teachers. But I hated my classmates. They just, always, used me because of my good grades. I was one of the best students back then... after graduation, some of them even sent me some SMSs. "Thank you for having kept my grades high", "You have been so useful, but remember your grades won't help you in real life", "You're just a crybaby who can only think of studying" were the most polite ones. But since then, two years had passed, I grew up and I was strong enough to ignore them. I had friends waiting for me after that month. I had a life. I just needed to be strong and patient. So, with anger but also hoping to have the same teachers as two years ago, I entered the classroom and took place in a single desk next to the window.

"Selene, I'm sorry, but you have to take the place you had back then..."

I lifted my head and saw my old History and Philosophy teacher. I like her, she's funny and teaches well, but she couldn't have given me a worse news. I looked towards my old desk: there there was my ex "best friend", the girl who betrayed me to go with a more popular one... but still kept me as his living textbook. I have never seen again such a hateful girl. I approached my sit, and when she tried to say hello, I just death glared her. I won't do the same mistakes twice. I sat and observed in silence the people who continued to come. Some of us had really changed... I couldn't believe that two years had passed. Well, I couldn't believe I was there again, too. I needed to revive traditions, so I asked the teacher if I could go and buy something to drink. When I came back, everyone was on their sits, and nobody was missed, but there were still six empty seats.

"Maybe if we fight they will allow us to sit there" I thought while opening my coke.

Then the teacher spoke again.

"OK guys, I'm glad you all come. As we previously told you, there will be some new students too. They are Korean, and are here to learn our language, so please be kind with them. We decided to put them in this classroom because they're more or less your age. Boys, come here... Guys, I'm glad to introduce you Cha Hakyeon, Jung Taekwoon, Lee Jaehwan, Kim Wonsik, Lee Hongbin and Han Sanghyuk! You can sit there, on those empty chairs..."

I almost choked. Those guys... No way, In my classroom. VIXX studying there.. Why? Why me? I was a huge fan of them,,, And now what to do? I would really like to ask them for a photo or an autograph... But no. I was there for school. And they were there for the same. I wouldn't let them know I'm a Starlight... Moreover, the other classmates would surely think I am coming close to them because I study their language and I want to use them to practice... and they will think bad of me, because I will be alone against other 20 guys... Aaaah I don't want any trouble. Let's just ignore them.

- And guys you're lucky we have a student here who speaks Korean so she will be your interpreter... Selene, please stand up!

. Teacher, why do you always need to put me on the spotlight?

I stood up and tried to smile, anger growing in my chest. I wanted to hide, not to become their official translator.

"Heh teacher, sorry, but my Korean isn't good... I study Japanese the most..."

"OH! We study Japanese too, you can help us!" Hongbin said. So he agreed with the teacher... Soon, all the guys were helping him and conforting me. Typical VIXX. And the whole classroom started to murmur... Right what I wanted to avoid.

"Hmm, ok, we'll see if I can help you." I cut the conversation. No friendship, no coming closer. That was my decision.

After two hours of history lessons, during the break, Hyuk and Hongbin approached my desk. We shook hands and they asked me to help them, but I refused.

"Why? Teacher says you are good at languages..."

"Teacher loves me because I was a good student. I am not that good."

"I don't believe you. You're studying our language and it's not an easy one! Please be our friend, we'd love it, and we need someone to talk to..."

"I can be your interpreter, if you need. I study for doing that as my job. But no friendship. And try not to need my translator work either."

Hyuk got offended and walked over. Hongbin still tried to understand my behaviour, which made me angrier.

"But why are you so bad? You don't even know us!"

"I can recognize people like you. You are too handsome. Handsome people thinks they are the best and act like the whole world has to fall on their feet. So just stay away from me. And tell your friends too to do the same. I don't like you."