Chapter 31

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 31

 

Krystal's POV

We got to the hotel and almost all my friends are here. Almost. I scanned the area for that one person I can't wait to see. She's not here yet.

I introduced Kai to my friends and he got along with them pretty well. He seems to be pretty outgoing.

"Excuse me ladies, I have to go to the bathroom." He excused himself.

"Omo Krys! You never told us about him! He's so handsome!" Luna immediately squealed when Kai left.

"Yeah, who is this guy? I thought you're not going with anyone?" Hyoyeon asked.

"We go way back. He was my childhood friend. He just came here to visit so my mom asked me to take him, that's all." I briefly explained to them.

"Well, looks like he's a nice guy. He gets along with us pretty well." Luna answered.

It wasn't long before I felt a hand on my back.

"So, what did I miss? Are the others here yet?" He spoke.

"They should be here any minute now." I turned to him.


Amber's POV

My eyes darted on that hand on her back. How dare him lay a hand on her. Who is he anyway?

I unconsciously walked straight to them, and I almost forgot that I have Ailee with me. 

"Ambro! You're finally here buddy! Whoa, you look awesome! Hey there, Ailee!" Hyoyeon suddenly popped in front of me, as if sensing how upset I am.

"Chill Ber. He's just her friend." She discreetly whispered while giving me a side-hug.

"Hey Amberrr! Ailee! You look great in that dress!" Luna greeted us as Ailee broke off from my arm and went to greet our friends.

"Bro, you almost look as good as me!" Yuri nudged me.

"Ha! You wish!" I nudged her back.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Krystal walking up to me with that guy beside her.

"Hey Am. This is Kai. He's my childhood friend, and my date for tonight." She introduced him to me.

Date? This guy? . I didn't know she's bringing a date with her. This .

"Hey, I'm Amber." I simply said and extended my hand for a handshake.

"Kai, nice to meet you." He answered, as he shook my hand.

We broke the handshake and I noticed him sigh while slightly shaking his hand. Is my grip too strong for you, huh? 

"You look even more amazing tonight in that dress, Krys." I looked at her.

"Thanks, Am. I'm glad you helped me pick this out." She smiled at me.

Did this guy just smirk at me? Oh, you wanna play rough, homie? 

Ailee then came up beside me and clinged her hand to my arm.

"Hi, I'm Ailee. Amber's girlfriend." Ailee moved for a handshake too.

I looked at Krystal and she was just looking down.

"I see, what a cute couple." He said while shaking Ailee's hand. For some reason, he looked delighted.

"Why, thank you!" Ailee smiled and clinged closer to me.

"Eherm-- shall we go inside?" Hyoyeon butted in.

"Yeah, let's go! It's time to partaaay!" Luna exclaimed.

We all went inside and the venue was booming with music. The lighting effects were pretty awesome. It's a party indeed.

My eyes can't keep themselves from checking on Krystal. One wrong move from this guy and I swear---

"You okay babe?" Ailee spoke close to my ear.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just a little too loud in here!" I half-shouted.

"Come on, it's a da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter