Chapter 25

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 25


Krystal's POV

Unfamiliar voices woke me up from my sleep. 

"What time is it?" I initially thought to myself, thinking that I'm sleeping on my bed at home.

I struggled to open my eyes and was a bit confused when I saw the unfamiliar ceiling. I immediately sat up.

"Wh-Where am I?" I softly spoke.

"Oh you're awake." A nurse suddenly came in through the curtains.

"You're in the clinic infirmary. You passed out in the bathroom, so your friend carried you here." She explained. 

"Friend?" I asked, puzzled. 

What? Who the hell would carry me all the way here?

Now I remember passing out. But I don't remember who found me.

"Yes. I think she's in your class too. She seemed to be very worried about you." The nurse told me.

"Who could it be?" I thought to myself.

"Do you feel any better now? I had to put you on oxygen supply when you got here. You hyperventilated, that's why you passed out." She again explained.

"Yes, I feel better Miss. Thank you for taking care of me." I smiled at her.

Just then, another nurse came in. 

"I see you're awake. Your friends came to get you, they're waiting outside." She spoke. 

I hurriedly got up from the bed upon hearing the news. I wore my shoes and walked outside. As I was about to exit the door, I heard the nurse talking to someone.

"Oh you're back. Did you get enough rest? You must have gotten really tired after the incident." The nurse asked.

The person just chuckled in response.

"You know you're really strong for a girl." The nurse told her.

I got even more curious so I hurriedly walked out to see who she's talking to.

"Amber?" I said her name as soon as I saw her.

She carried me here? She's the one who found me? Of all people, it was her. 

Her eyes immediately darted to me and her expression instantly changed into a worried one as she walked up to me.

"Krys... You're awake. Are you okay? How are you feeling?" She eyed me from head to foot as if she was inspecting me.

"Ye-yes, I'm quite better. Thanks to you." I stuttered to answer, still surprised at the fact that she was the one who saved me.

"It's nothing. I'm glad I was able to help you." She answered.

"Thank you, Am." I held her arm and gave it a soft squeeze.

She was looking straight into my eyes as I looked into hers. I felt like she had something to say.

"Krys! You're awake!" Hyo walked in.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that she came with me. She just had to make a quick call." Amber spoke.

"Yes Hyo, I'm okay now. Thanks for coming to get me." I told her.

"Nah, you should thank Amber here. She went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter