Meeting her

Healing the Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sighing, Seunghyun pulled himself out of the car and walked towards the construction site with heavy steps. He didn’t want to be here. In fact, he didn’t want to be anywhere.

He just wanted to be numb and not feel the pain. Not anymore.

Reaching the porch of the house that was being reconstructed, Seunghyun hesitated. He had been told that there would be someone to welcome him but there was no one. He could hear a lot of shouting and hustle-bustle but everything was centred towards the back of the house.

The house, though in construction, already held promises of the pretty cottage it would become after the construction. Some interest flickered within Seunghyun and he began to take in the aesthetics of the house. Wide porch, a driveway that would look beautiful once it has garden around it and a main door that opened into a spacious living room, and it smelled of sunshine and rainbows  A house that a family can live happily. Pain twisted Seunghyun’s heart because he had once dreamt of such a house – a home ­– with her. Taking a deep breath, he tried to quell the panic that arises within him every time he thinks of that incident.

“Uh...excuse me, are you Choi Seunghyun-sshi by any chance?” a soft voice behind him said.

Oh no, here it goes. Exactly why I didn’t want to come to such a public place. Thinking so, Seunghyun turned around and found a petite woman looking at him. He was surprised to see no wonder, awe or amazement in her expression, and he was equally surprised to find that he could not tear his eyes away from her face.

“Yes, I am.”

“Oh, you’re finally here then. Let’s get to work. No time to waste since there’s much to do. Follow me, please,” saying so, she strode past him and walked into the house.

Flabbergasted at the lack of any reaction towards him as well as her calling him by his real name, he followed her to the back of the house. As soon as he emerged into the backyard, a flurry of voices and a crowd of people assaulted him... or rather the woman beside him.

“Dara! Please come and have a look at this cabinet. I think I must have fixed something wrong.”

“Dara eonnieeee, why are you so late today? Bom eonnie has been driving me crazy for the past two hours. Please control her. You’re the only one who can.”

“Dara, the plumbing company called about the orders. You need to call them back ASAP!”

In some awe, Seunghyun watched Dara (What a pretty name!) smile and answer to all of them. However, he noticed that everyone was throwing furtive glances at him, although they were trying not to be too obvious about it. That could spell some trouble.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter