Fire and Butterflies

Healing the Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We had a good time, but I think it’s time to end this...whatever we have.”

Frantically clutching her hands, he replied, “Please, no. I love you. What went wrong? Am I not doing enough to make you happy?”

“No.”

“B-b-but, we WERE happy. What went wrong?” he insisted.

“I fell out of love.”

­­­ Gasping, Seunghyun woke up.

The same recurring dream, so close to reality. Dragging himself up from bed, he trudged towards the mirror and looked at it. A pale face with haunted eyes looked back at it. He hated her for reducing him to such a ghost of what he used to be. But more than that, he hated himself for allowing her such power over him.

Life was full of ironies.

“Remind me again why I’m constantly stuck with this bingu guy,” grumbled Dara to Bom on the phone.

“Er, I don’t know. Maybe because he has the least work and you really needed someone to go with you to the hospital and all the other people you know are busy, since the only people you know are from our volunteer group. This is why I ask you to go out and expand your social circle. You should listen to me,” Bom replied,

“Okay, I didn’t catch half of what you said. Can you please speak in shorter sentences? You give me a headache.”

“Oh, shut up! I am the only one in your life who speaks sense. So, how is it going between you and Mr. Smexy T.O.P?”

Sighing, Dara replied, “Surprisingly, he can be very sensible. He is keeping his distance, which is a good thing. I have no patience to deal with annoying people right now. Anyway, I called to let you know that you’ll be supervising the work today since it will take me a while at the hospital.”

(Bom noticed that Dara didn’t deny the “smexy”)

“Okay, boss. I will try my best not to disappoint you. Also, go on a date with Seunghyun. Bye,” Saying so, Bom abruptly disconnected the call, not allowing Dara to reply. Shaking her head, Dara looked up towards Seunghyun, who was sitting a few seats away from her and reading a magazine. As if feeling her gaze on him, he looked up towards her and gave her a tiny smile.

Her stomach immediately danced a treacherous ballet – it flipped up and gracefully sunk back.

“Hya~ can you be still? He is just a human being. No one extraordinary. Stop,” Dara whispered to her stomach.

She began humming some obscure tone and before she knew it, she was humming Bigbang’s Let’s Not Fall in Love.

“Hmm, so you do listen to our songs,” a quiet voice spoke beside her.

Whirling towards Seunghyun in surprise (When did he sit down next to me?), she managed to stammer out, “Uh...uh...it’s pretty famous these days. They keep playing it in the cafe near my house where I go for my morning coffee and I heard it there and it has been stuck in my head for some reason. I mean, if you live in Korea, you simply cannot escape Bigbang, you guys are huge and I...” she trailed off, realizing that she was blabbering and starting to sound like Bom. Mentally, she hit repeatedly.

“You’re cute.”

Dara’s stomach immediately began to dance the ballet, this time more frantically.

“Are you flirting with me?” she gasped.

“No,” Seunghyun replied in that voice that reminded her of spices and honey, “I am merely stating the truth.” Then, suddenly bringing his face closer to hers, he whispered, “Why? Do you want me to flirt with you? I wouldn’t mind, you know.”

Instinctively, she pushed his face back with her hands and held it away from her face. “No, I don’t. Stop saying stupid things.”

Removing her hands from his face but not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter