Remembering

Things Happen (Secret Obsession)

Hyuna POV:

 

I woke up the next morning with an excruciating headache and a throbbing sting on the soles of my feet. 

Note to self: Never wear 6 inch heels and attempt to dance ever again.

I wonder how Haerin's been able to wear heels since the 8th grade and still have her feet intact and functional.

"Wait-- where is Haerin?" I quickly got up from my bed and instantly regretted it as a rush of blood drained throughout my entire body and sent me collapsing on my knees. 

"Ugh. Stupid hangover." I cursed under my breath and pulled myself up on my feet once again. Through my vision was still a bit hazy, I still managed to stumble my way through my room and grab a hold of my cell phone. I dialed the number and waited to hear her voice through the line. Instead it kept on ringing.

"C'mon Haerin! Pick up, already!" I mumbled. Maybe she was a bit foggy from the party last night and decided to sleep in. I doubted so, considering the fact that Haerin, no matter how late a party, always managed to wake up early and fresh faced. Another thing I envied about her; her ability to remain beautiful despite any situation.

After numerous phone calls to Haerin (all being transferred to her voicebox.) I resulted in texting her. She'd never miss a text. Especially from me.

I quickly fumbled the text on my keys and hit "send". I checked the clock every now and then, anxious for her reply.

One minute . . . Five . . . Ten . . .Fifteen.

"Somethings wrong..." I whispered as I paced my room. I figured my hangover was beginning to clear up because as I paced the floors, my mind could finally focus remotely on one thing: Where Haerin could be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Was she mad at me? For what? Was this some silly prank?

No, Haerin never played pranks. 

I was in my car now, on my way to Haerin's house. She would still be there, she had to be. There was nothing else to do on a day like this. Except shop. I made a mental note to check her favorite boutique not a few streets down from her house, in case I wouldn't see her at her own home.

I drove in Haerin's parkway and parked my car in front of the vast white and salmon painted house. Instantly, I noticed Haerin's father in the front yard, watering the elegant rows of iris and freesia plants. 

"Hello, Hyuna!" So nice to see you!"  He gently waved and turned off his hose to approach me. 

"Hey, Mr. Park. Sorry to be coming by so early, but I was hoping you could tell me where Haerin might be?" An awkward smile managed to crease on my face as Haerin's father looked blankly at his feet and put his fingers on the temple. He seemed a bit caught off guard with my question and soon brought his eyes back to mine.

"Funny thing, I don't even know where she is. Nowadays, she's all over the place, it's hard to keep up with her! Somedays I wonder if  I should put a GPS on her. But ask her mother, sweetheart. She knows Haerin better than I know my garden!" He chuckled.

Odd. Does this mean Haerin came home last night?

"Sure thing! Thanks!" I yelled off as I ran inside the home.

First thing I noticed when I came into the living room was the indoor decor. Marble walls were plastered everywhere, all glistening in different colors: white, beige, and salmon.

Memories of sleepovers, birthdays, and hangouts crowded in my mind. I didn't even notive that my jaw was dropping from the astonishment. I held onto each memory like they had happened yesterday. 

"I can't believe it either." I jumped and swiftly turned around and found myself standing in front of Haerin's mother, "Time flies fast." I smiled at her sight and embraced her petite body. 

"Nice to see you, Mrs. Park." I greeted her as we pulled away from our hug.

"Darling, I'm honored to have you here again. Come on in, now. Remove you shoes too. Oh! I just finished making cookies!" Haerin's mother squealed with glee. She was short and slender with perfectly straight, light brown hair and a fair complexion.  She had the typical "mother of the year" type of attitude that fit her caring and loving character. At the sound of "cookies" I slid my shoes off and followed her into the kitchen.

The kitched still looked the same from years ago when Haerin and I would always come here and eat everything from her fridge. The longer I stayed at her house, the more memories rushed to me.

Haerin's mother pulled a tray from the oven and placed a dozen chocolate chip cookies beside me. As much as I wanted to sit with Haerin's mother and eat cookies all day, I knew I had something more important to accomplish.

"I actually came here to ask you something..." I said, pushing the tempting tray away from me. 

"Anything, dear!"

"Do you happen to know where Haerin is?" I asked.

Come on, tell me she's still sleeping in her bed or shopping.

"Hmmm...matter of fact, no. She never returned from the party...I thought she was with you." Haerin's mother said, looking up at me.

"Oh, no. She left the party early and I haven't seen her since." I noticed the surprisement in Haerin's mother's face. Was this something to be frightened of? 

"That's strange." She whispered, searching the kitchen counter for her phone. She brought it out and then diverted her attention back to me.

"She hasn't texted me." She shot a traumatizing look at me whilst the phone trembled in her hands, "She always texts me in the morning. Always." 

This was unusual of Haerin. I pitied her mother as her shoulder swooped down and she bit her manicured nails. I feared if I stayed any longer, she'd start crying.

"Oh...yeah, I forgot! I think I saw her leave with Myungsoo last night...must've slipped my mind!" I lied. I hated lying to any adult, especially Haerin's mother, but I had to save her from breaking down in front of me. A bit of hope revived in her face and a flush of guilt washed over me. 

"Well, thank you, dear. I really appreciate it." And before I could boil up in my own guilt and lies, I waved goodbye to her and tushed out of the house.

Next stop, Myungsoo's apartment. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I drove up to Myungsoo's apartment after my visit to Haerin's house in hopes that Haerin would be there. My palms got sweatier the closer I got to his door. Nothing. Not even the shuffling of bodies or any evidence of a family living inside. I turned around to face the parking lot and oddly Myungsoo's black Mustang was parked firmly in between a light pole and another vehicle. Then why isn't he answering? I banged heavy on the door once more and after an estimated five minutes of waiting, I gave up and began to walk to my car.

"Hey!" A voice shouted behind me, "Were you knocking?" Of course, there stood Myungsoo. His hair was a bit russeled in curls and he only wore gym shorts and a wife beater top. I blushed at the sight of his muscular abs peeking through the flimsy top. 

"Uh, yeah...I hope I didn't wake you up or something?" I blushed even more and awkwardly slid further away form him.

I could always come back later. When he's dressed and not half awake.

"Nah. Not really." He shrugged and combed his hands through his wild hair.

"Oh." I murmured.

I shot my eyes back to his at the same moment he had. He looked at me with some odd expression in his face that made me hot all over. Haerin was right; this boy is totally not 'readable'.

"Well?" He raised his eyebrows and dug his hands in his pockets, still looking me in my eyes.

"Huh?" I squinted my face and immediatly released it, "Oh! You're probably wondering why I'm here..." I clumsily blurted, regretting my stupid question.

Of course he's wondering why I'm here. It's not everyday your girlfriend's bestfriend comes to visit you while your sleeping and almost .

"Yeah. I kinda am." He blurted back.

Ouch.

"Oh, sorry. I was wondering if you had seen Haerin..." He squinted his eyes at me and his eyebrows danced and formed an odd line on his forehead. I wanted to giggle at him but then I knew that would ruin everything.

It was cute, in a way.

"Hmmm. No. She left the party earlier and never came back. I thought she left with you, until I saw you leave with your dad. I even tried texting her. She never replied." He said firmly. His jaw clenching as he spoke, sending chills down my spine. Get it together, Hyuna. This is Haerin's boyfriend. You're here for Haerin.

"That's strange...she never replied to me, either. Or her mom." The atmosphere between us became silent and the only thing making a sound was fear crawling in our hearts. Myungsoo's eyes shot out with concern. He rushed back inside, leaving me baffled and alone but quickly returned before I could recap this moment. He now wore a full outfit and his hair looked neatly brushed.

"Wh-where are you going?" I stuttered.

He slammed the door behind him, sending vibrations throughout my body. His keys danced in his hands as he looked at me with stern and bold eyes.

"We are going to find Haerin."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey~! Grace huuur. Thanks for reading and supporting! And we'll update as soon as possible! Feel free to comment and send us feed back! Help me get this story more attention, yeah?:)

Btw, yes we changed our title. Why? You'll have to keep reading to find out!;)