The Change. [Pt. 2]

I'm (not) With The Band.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Adrienne may have been fretting about being misunderstood but on the other side of the door Yoongi was smug with pleasure, on the inside. He was still planning to keep his distance with Andy but there was nothing he could do about her coming to him. Sure, he didn't have to tell her to come in when he knew he wasn't fully dressed and there definitely was no reason for him to get so close to her when she could have easily just handed him the shirt but Yoongi enjoyed the way she reacted to him. It bolstered his ego and since there was no way he could outright flirt with her like Namjoon seemed so comfortable doing so he would have to settle for moments like this. They were good enough to sate his interest for now. The sound of one of the makeup artists calling for him to be seated made Yoongi shuffle at a quicker pace but he was still trailing behind the rest of the group who were already pretty much done getting ready.

"You're moving so slowly today, hyung" Hoseok commented from the makeup chair next to his where he was waiting to be called for his solo shoot.

“I don't think I'm moving any slower than usual” Yoongi answered while the makeup artist dusted a powdery substance over his cheeks, he restrained himself from visibly grimacing. Makeup was always his least favorite part of this process.

Hoseok smirked and shook his head, swiveling the chair to face Yoongi's profile, “No you're definitely lagging, but the question is why?”

Yoongi didn't respond or even look to the side as Hoseok continued to goad him, he wasn't going to play along with whatever he was doing to alleviate his boredom.

"You can't be that tired since when you are you're usually the first one ready so you can nap while the rest of us are getting ready..." 

Yoongi remained stoic and Hoseok's scrutinising gaze became more pointed. "It's probably not your music either because you seem to trust Andy-noona with making decisions and you look....happy not tired."

Yoongi sighed tossed his head back which made the makeup artist gasp and scold him for moving but Hoseok smiled like he was on the verge of discovering something and kept on pestering. 

"Which makes me wonder why she was looking for you earlier, she came to me and Jimin's dressing room thinking it was yours." 

Yoongi tensed just slightly but still refused to engage.

"I think she was looking for Namjoon too but I saw him come out of his dressing room and talk to her, I did not see you—"

"Hoseok."

Yoongi's one word made Hoseok stop mid-sentence and press a hand to his lips when Yoongi turned to face him (against the makeup artist's wishes again) he didn't glare or scowl at the younger male but the look on his face clearly expressed how little he that he felt like playing games at that moment.

"Do you have something meaningful to say or do you just want to continue rambling bull and annoying me?"

His words might have been threatening to anyone else but Hoseok just took that as confirmation that he was hiding something he didn't want anyone to know. "I'll leave you alone as soon as you tell me what the deal is with you and Andy." Hoseok grinned. 

"There isn't one, bye."

"You don't expect me to believe that why was she in—"

"She came to apologise," Yoongi hissed in an annoyed whisper once the makeup artist cleared him to get up and leave, Hoseok trailed after him as he moved away from the makeup booth. "She wanted to say sorry for being late, there's no big scandal I'm covering up."

"Oh. Well, why didn't she apologise to us? We got yelled at too!"

"I don't know maybe she doesn't like you."

Hoseok frowned and stopped walking for a few seconds "Hey...that's not funny we're friends. And that doesn't completely answer my question, her apologising wouldn't make you look happy..."

"You are so annoying, this is probably why she doesn't like you" Yoongi pointed out with a smug grin as he spun around to face Hoseok before walking off again.

"You're not funny hyung! Does she really not like me?" Hoseok called after Yoongi but he didn't answer.

It took three hours to get through the boys individual shots and another two to organise them for the group shots. Yoongi took every break he could to find Andy and continue their work but it was more than difficult for them to make nay real progress when he was pulled away to change his outfit or retouch his hair and makeup every five minutes. Adrienne didn't really mind, though. She enjoyed being able to admire the boys working from afar and as far she was concerned they were pretty much done with both tracks. Whether she intended to or not she focused on Yoongi for most of the day, watching the way his expression changed when he was in front of the camera, even the way his body moved was different. He seemed to transform into a completely different person with each click of the camera shutter; he was confident masculine and actually y at certain points and Adrienne found herself hard pressed to look away even after being caught staring by both Yoongi and Hye-ji multiple times.

They completed the group photo-shoot in record time; two and half hours, and the crew immediately began setting up for the video shooting which really just meant getting rid of the backdrop and guiding the extras to their marks. That simple task presented a problem when apparently there weren't enough extras hired to fill in the gaps of the background, leaving spaces to be filled by whichever staff members were dressed nicely enough. Unfortunately for her, Adrienne never left her house unless she looked her best which meant she was one of the first plucked up from her seat and guided the video set. Despite her arguing that she didn't need to be there and that she would even cause a distraction with her eccentrically braided hair and brown skin, the director ignored her reasoning and countered that she would barely be seen in the back where they placed her, they only needed to fill a space.

The title track that Adrienne knew the boys would be promoting once the actual album was finished began playing and Andy followed along with the crowd and swayed back and forth to the beat. They were supposed to look like they were at a party so Adrienne did her best to follow direction but still remain inconspicuous, a plan that failed once she saw Yoongi awkwardly shuffling in her direction and a few suspicious eyes tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter