The Change.

I'm (not) With The Band.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SO!

Guess who caught the flu? 
I spent all last week writing this chapter sentence by sentence and finally finished it today. 
It's longer than usual because I wanted to make up for not updating for so long. I hope you have as much fun reading it as I did writing it~

"No I've got today off, technically. My partner and his band mates have a super packed schedule today and I can't finish off the two songs we have without him so I'm just working on stuff at home, personal things."

"You're going to stay at home all day? Why not explore, make some friends?"

The fatigue in Danielle's voice was evident and Adrienne felt guilty for keeping her sister up so late but it was barely mid-morning where she was and they hardly had any time to catch up with one another since Adrienne and the rest of the team had begun working even harder in an attempt finish the album ahead of schedule. They had months until it was due to be completed and Adrienne didn't really see the point in grinding so hard so early but Yoongi didn't seem to share that sentiment since whenever Adrienne brought it up he repeated that he would rather have everything done as early as possible than lag behind. It was annoying but Andy couldn't bother to argue in favour of laziness.

"I have friends, the boys are my friends and they're all busy today," Andy chuckled and slid down further into the corner of the couch she was currently wedged into. 

"Find friends that aren't busy 362 days of the year," Danielle countered with a small yawn.

Adrienne snickered and silently rolled her eyes, just imagining the judgmental look Danielle must have been giving her. "Yeah I'll get right on that," She replied with heavy sarcasm, earning a small annoyed groan from the older woman.

"You little brat."

Adrienne giggled.

"If you won't go make new friends, at least, tell me about the boyband. Are they as corny as I think they are?"

"They are actually not corny at all..." Adrienne paused as the image of Jungkook and Hoseok improvising a dance that would put her interpretive stretching to shame during their practice the night before came to mind  "They're not as corny as you think they are....most of the time."

"Mhm, so they're corny as hell. Is your partner still being a ?"

"Yes...and no? I've been watching him and he pretty much treats everyone the same way, snippy and kinda rude but I don't think he's truly a . I think he's one of those people that wants everyone to think their an so they can be left alone but he's actually kind of sweet and caring, generous-"

"Is he cute?"

"I-What?" Adrienne sputtered and sat up straight.

Danielle cackled as softly as she could and rested a hand against her rounded stomach, "Girl I know you heard me. Is he cute?"

"I don't know.....I haven't really paid attention to that." Adrienne threaded her fingertips through her braids and scratched her scalp in thought "I guess he's not ugly, I'll send you a picture you can judge." Andy pulled her cell phone away from her ear and swiped her fingers across the surface to send a picture she'd taken a few days earlier.

"He looks pissed." 

She heard Danielle commenting as she pressed the receiver back to her ear.

"Yeah...I had to force him to take it with me, I don't know how to make him smile yet."

"Why do you still have those braids in your head?"

"Listen, you can only judge one person at a time me or Yoongi"

"Is that is his name?"

Adrienne grunted a yes and aimlessly bit down on her fingernails, suddenly finding her sister approval very necessary. 

"It doesn't really matter if I think he's cute, do you?"

"It doesn't matter if I do either! We work together." Adrienne groaned and threw herself back against the cushions.

"Right, because being attracted to someone you work with is something Adrienne would never do."

The sarcasm was noted but ignored for Danielle's sake.

"It is. Besides, you know I'm more attracted to talent and than appearance."

"And....?"

"Annnd. I think Yoongi is.....very talented." Andy replied with an immediate smile that spread into an even wider grin when Danielle began laughing at her response.

"Not to totally change the subject or anything but how is my niece?"

"Your niece OR nephew has released the stranglehold on my bladder to rest for a few hours before waking me up at the crack of dawn to begin the terror again, I should be in a deep sleep right now."

", what time is there?"

"A little after 1."

"Seriously? Go to bed Dani."

"No, it's fine we can talk. Lloyd is asleep and I'm in the living room being sneaky."

"Danielle please take your pregnant to bed, I'm about to start working anyway so I can't talk anymore."

"...Are you sure?"

"Positive. Good night!"

"Love ya, little one. Wait, one last question, you're still coming the week of my due date right? Lloyd and I just finished up the guest room."

"Love you too, and of course I'll be there my niece won't be born without me there to welcome her into the world."

Danielle chuckled before bidding her younger sister goodnight one last time and hanging up.

Adrienne pouted once the call was disconnected and tossed her phone onto the coffee table. She missed her sister more than she realised and each time they got the chance to talk it only made Andy feel more discouraged; instead of finding comfort in her older sister's voice she only focused on the fact that she was still so far away from everything she knew and even though her daily life was becoming easier for her to manage alone Andy still had to come home to an empty apartment and leave voice mails for her only family member to return half a day later. It was mildly depressing.

Huffing a short sigh, Adrienne forced herself upwards and off the couch; she had no plans of letting her momentary gloom take over the rest of her day. Her arms stretched for the ceiling as Andy began searching for her laptop so that she could begin tinkering with the few songs she planned on keeping for herself. A faint smile dusted her lips when she found the machine and Yoongi's voice played in her head; repeating his judgmental question about why she had so many stickers on her laptop. Her sister's question had honestly taken her aback, not because she didn't find Yoongi cute but because she wasn't sure if that was the right adjective to describe him with. Puppies were cute, kittens were adorable as well but Min Yoongi was something Andy just didn't know how to define yet.

Almost like clockwork, just as the laptop booted up and Adrienne felt comfortable with her legs crossed in the couch, there was a series of frantic knocks against Adrienne's front door and she cursed under her breath as she unfolded her legs and got up to stomp towards the door. Her lips were twisted into a scowl while she unlocked the door and pulled it open but the person on the other side made her eyebrow knit closely together with uncertainty rather than anger. 

"Yoongi-ssi?"

Yoongi was out of breath with his hand gripping the door frame to catch himself, dressed in a disheveled sweater and a pair of ripped jeans Adrienne had seen him in far too many times and a pair of sneakers that seemed to give him an extra inch of height. Andy smiled brightly as she always did when they met but her eyes still gave away just how confused she was to see him at her door.

"Is everything okay Y-"

"I can't wait anymore Andy, I need you." Yoongi emitted in a hurried reply and Adrienne's eyes went wide with shock, she could feel her heart unexpectedly begin to beat faster and the tips of her ears burn with warmth. There was something in the way he gasped her name while still attempting to catch his breath and the look of purpose in his eyes when he stopped looking at the ground and caught her gaze that was inexplicably attractive. Adrienne would deny it if questioned but an instant flush of heat rushed both to her cheeks and between her legs when she returned his eye contact.

"Need me...What?"

"I need you to come with me right now" Yoongi repeated, this time completing his sentence and giving Andy the chance to breathe a sigh of relief "I don't have time to explain everything but the release date has been moved up and we now have a month less to finish."

The brief statement brought Adrienne's priorities back to the forefront and her arms and jaw dropped when he was done speaking.

"What?! How do they expect us to finish everything an entire month ahead of schedule, this is bull!"

"Yeah, I know. Can you complain on the way to the car? Everyone's waiting."

"Oh...Maybe you can say that first next time? Just give me a second to get dressed," Adrienne replied quickly as she spun around and closed the door in Yoongi's face.

It only took her a few minutes to dress and collect what tools she could carry along with her but for Yoongi, it might as well have been an hour. His foot tapped against the ground impatiently as he glanced down at his watch with every passing second, then ran to the entrance of the alleyway to silence the honking before returning to Adrienne's door just a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter