The First Step.

I'm (not) With The Band.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you leaving already?”

 

Yoongi paused in the middle of putting his jeans on. He turned his head around and cursed himself silently for being so noisy that she’d woken up. He didn’t really want to leave in the middle of the night without saying goodbye but he also didn’t want Adrienne to wake up while he was leaving. He planned on leaving a note and just slipping out the front door before she had the chance to notice that he was gone. He didn’t want her to get up so early knowing that he would be leaving in the middle of the night in order to get back to the studio before his band members came to pick him up. Though, Adrienne losing sleep was only a small part of the reason why he didn’t want her waking up while he was trying to make a quick escape. Seeing her there with her sheets barely covering her body and her hair sticking up in all sorts of ways that made him want to forget about preparing for work and spend the rest of the day in bed with Adrienne… That was what Yoongi feared the most about her waking up before he had the chance to go. If she did ask him to come back to bed he wasn’t sure he’d be able to say no.

 

“Uh, yeah,”  He finally answered as he zipped up the front of his jeans “I didn’t want to wake you.”

 

“Why not? I’d rather get to say goodbye than wake up to an empty bed” Adrienne smiled softly and wrapped herself around the pillow Yoongi slept on. “You’re getting picked up from the studio?”

 

“Yeah. I should head over before they get there” Yoongi nodded and pulled on his jacket then headed for the door.

 

“Wait.”

 

Adrienne’s voice made Yoongi stop in his footsteps and look back at her.

 

“I don’t get a kiss goodbye?”

 

His cheeks flushed a light shade of pink and Yoongi was glad for the darkness to cover his expression as he sheepishly moved back over to where Adrienne laid. He muttered a soft apology before hovering over Adrienne and leaning forward to softly press his lips against hers. Adrienne met him halfway and barely brushed her lips against his before pulling him down so that he was practically laying on top of her which gave Yoongi room to run his hands up and down her sides and inadvertently deepen their kiss. Adrienne whimpered slightly when his hand accidently brushed against her bare and Yoongi pulled back somewhat abruptly.

 

“Sorry,” he stated quickly and stood up “Uh, we’re meeting at the studio later today right?”

 

Adrienne nodded slowly and raised an eyebrow.

 

“Good, we should talk then.”

 

“Okay...bye.”

 

Yoongi waved quickly and stepped toward the door once again, granting Adrienne once last glance before he left the room and silently closed the door behind him.

 

Adrienne frowned slightly watching him leave. Her bed being empty was she had grown accustomed to over the past few months but that was completely forgotten once Yoongi was laying next to her. It had only been one night, and he had only been gone for a few minutes but she already missed having his warmth next to her. The soft, raspy he snored and how his body completely covered her during the night. Almost as if he was trying to protect her even in his sleep. This small fact didn’t need to be explained but. Adrienne was smitten.

 

Thoughts of Yoongi and their encounter the night before dominated Adrienne’s thoughts as she drifted back into sleep until she was jolted awake by the sharp ping of her cellphone on the other side of the bed. Groggily, she reached for the device and blindly answered. Not realising it was a video call. And that she was still very much .

 

“Yeah?” Andy growled groggily into the receiver held loosely against her face.

 

“Hey little on- Girl, are your out?”

 

“Dani?” Adrienne snorted and then looked down at her uncovered body with a groan.

 

“Do I want to know why you’re still in bed-probably - in the middle of the day?” Danielle asked, judgement heavy in her voice.

 

“A woman can’t be in her own house?” Andy retorted with a laugh, hoping to avoid a discussion she really didn’t want to have.

 

“That’s not what I asked, Adrienne.”

 

“You might not like the answer,” The younger girl yawned and finally moved to cover herself,  holding the phone at an arm's length so that she could see her sister’s face completely “I had some…company last night.”

 

“Finally!” Danielle exclaimed and clapped with one hand “I was getting worried about you going into a drought over there.”

 

Adrienne rolled her eyes playfully but laughed right along with her sister.

 

“Was it that good? Is that while you’re still laid up in bed?”

 

Adrienne didn’t answer and, just as any sister would, Danielle knew that she already had the answer to her question.

 

“I’ll take that as a yes, so who was it?”

 

Adrienne paused, juggling whether or not she should be honest with her sister. She didn’t think that spending the night with Yoongi was a big deal but knowing Danielle there was no way she’d feel the same. Especially given Adrienne’s past history with coworkers.

“Uhm...Yoongi.” Adrienne replied.

 

“...The guy you work with? Oh, Adrienne haven’t you learned your lesson yet?” Danielle croaked and pinched the bridge of her nose.

 

“It’s not like the last time” Adrienne countered, “We...talked.”

 

“So, you know exactly what the status of your relationship is right now?”

 

“....Yes.”

 

That was a lie and Danielle knew immediately. She rolled her eyes deeply and shook her head. Adrienne knew that her sister was doing her best to hold whatever she wanted to say inside for Andy’s sake and probably the sake of her baby. Any unnecessary stress could still be potentially harmful to the unborn child even if she was inching closer and closer to her due date.

 

“Look, I’m not going to lecture you” Danielle started after collecting her thoughts “You are a grown woman and obviously you’re going to do what you want regardless of what I think. Just promise me you’re being safe, okay?”

 

“Okay,” Adrienne replied in a small voice, plucking at some of the fluff on her comforter. “Enough about me. Tell me what’s going on at home.”

 

Danielle sighed and placed a hand on her round stomach “I am so over being pregnant, I know I’m not due till next month but I’m ready to be induced tonight.” She groaned loudly and tried to maneuver her body in a comfortable position. Adrienne held in a snicker as she watched her sister roll onto her side.

 

“It can’t be that bad, Dani. You’re bringing life into the world!”

 

“At this point I just want to be done with the whole thing, everyone’s really excited about you coming next month though!”

 

“Who is everyone? You, Lloyd and my unborn niece?”

 

“You also have friends, we’ve all been worried about you over there. I hope you’re doing okay.”

 

Danielle’s eyes softened as she watched a smile spread across Adrienne’s lips. It wasn’t easy being away from her family but Adrienne could honestly say that she really was doing okay. No one could ever replace her sister but she had found a surrogate family in the boys and Yoongi. She was doing better than okay.

 

“I really am.”

 

The siblings talked for hours, right up until the moment Adrienne had to leave for her studio appointment. She felt bad about keeping her sister up so late but according to Danielle she hardly slept during normal hours now that her due date was only a matter of weeks away. So that was, at least, somewhat comforting. Sadly though, Adrienne had to say her final goodbyes to her sister as she headed out the front door of her apartment. Not before assuring Danielle multiple times that all of the plans for her trip next month were finalized and ready to be executed. Despite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter