Chapter 5

Dumb Bear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Irene heard the front door close, she barged out of her room.

 

“Woah there Joohyun, what’s the rush” Mr. Bae asked as he took his jacket off and handing it to Taeyeon.

 

“What’s the rush!!! What’s the rush!! Why didn’t to tell me that Seulgi was coming back!!” Joohyun yelled at her parents.

 

“It’s a surprise, sweetheart!” Taeyeon said in a bright tone.

 

“Well it sure was” joohyun mumbled.

 

“What’s wrong honey, I thought you would like to see her again after all you did have a hard time when she left.

 

‘But it wasn’t because I missed her, was it. No. It wasn’t. It was just guilt’ joohyun thought, but couldn’t say out loud since her parents didn’t know what happened.

 

“No, Yeah I love it but it was just really unexpected” joohyun forced a smile trying to comfort her parents.

 

“I thought she was studying in US and what about her parents?” joohyun added

 

“She was, but Tiffany thought it would be nice for Seulgi to experience her own culture. She’s been in US for a long time and it might not be so good for Seulgi. But Seulgi's dad business was holding them back from coming back, so we thought it would be good for us to take her.” Mr. Bae answered.

 

“Yeah, I guess so, but why are you guys so late”

 

“Ah! We were picking up Seulgi’s luggage. Oh but where is Seulgi?” Taeyeon answered as she prepared dinner.

 

‘Where is she’ Irene thought, but she was glad Seulgi wasn’t in the living room. She didn’t want to feel embarrassed in front of her parents.

 

“Maybe she’s in her room, can you get her honey?” Taeyeon asked “Dinner’s ready”

 

“Why me!!” joohyun whined.

 

“Joohyun. Just get her” Taeyeon said with a stern voice she couldn’t resist.

 

“Fine” Joohyun walked up stairs to the guest room and was about to knock when the door opened.

 

“Did you miss me already” Seulgi cooed and joohyun wanted to wipe that smirk off her face. ‘What happened to the innocent Seulgi, she became more annoying’ Joohyun thought.

 

“As you wish you dumb bear. Mom said dinner's ready” Seulgi just chuckled at the comment and followed her down stairs.

 

Dinner was rather quiet, except her mother asking Seulgi way too many questions and Seulgi just answering politely as she ate, while Mr. Bae tried to stop Taeyeon from getting too excited.

 

After dinner, joohyun was about to go into her room when Seulgi stopped her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter