What he was searching for

With Eyes Closed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


"Hey! Sir!! Wait!!" Luhan scrambled up the stairway leading to the front door, "Can you please buy this?"

 

The man stared at what he was holding, "I still have some-"

 

"I know, but you won't have some for tomorrow," beamed Luhan, "Please Mister! Buy this! Its the last piece!"

 

The other sighed, and he was about to close the door, "Look here, kid, I-"

 

"Its discounted, I swear! Just get them off my hands Mister! Please?" Luhan gave all his might to appear pitiful.

 

He sighed again, "Kid-"

 

"Not a kid," interrupted the other.

 

"Okay, boy-" he got cut off again.

 

"I'm 18," Luhan grinned.

 

"Okay, '18', go and find-"

 

"But this fish and you were meant to be! Just- please, Mister! Buy them for me? Or, or better yet! Just take them off my hands!" he offered up the fish again, "But it won't be free next time, okay?"

 

"You're so persistent," muttered the other, "But I have enough fish for now, go and give it to someone else, '18', it-"

 

"Luhan," he giggled when he saw the baffled expression on the other's face.

 

"Huh?" a creased formed on the other's brow, "Lu-"

 

"Luhan is the name, Mister, and," he motioned to him, "You're 'Mister-'?"

 

The other stared at him, then he slammed the door close.

 

"Hey!! Geez! You always do this!! Come on, we've known each other for so long-'

 

"A month isn't that long, and no, we haven't known each other for that long-"

 

"Hihi, you're still talking to me though," giggled Luhan.

 

"Go home." came the gruff command.

 

"Take this first," he stubbornly insisted, knocking on the door when the other fell silent, "Hey, Mister!!! Take this first! Its getting dark! I have to walk through that dark, creepy, dangerous forest befo-HI!" he grinned widely.

 

The door was opened again, revealing the man's bearded face, and untrimmed shoulder-length hair, "Such a-"

 

"Yes, I'm adorable, I know, take it now?" he cuts in again.

 

"Why do you have to come up here just to sell me fish?" he sounded exasperated.

 

"Because you buy from me," the other cooly replied.

 

"Huh," the other snickered, "You climb up those steep, slippery hills just so you could sell me some?"

 

Luhan pouted, "Yes, why?" he teared up, "You don't like my fish?"

 

The man looked taken aback when he saw the threat of tears, "That's not what I meant-"

 

"Then, fine!" Luhan had set a stubborn pout on his lips, "I'll get you vegetables next!"

 

The man just silently stared at him for a moment, then suddenly bursts into laughter, "Oh god, you-ahahaha!"

 

Luhan blinked at him, totally at a loss why the man was laughing, bu he was being mesmerized by his laughter.

 

Its the first time he heard him laugh.

 

He smiled at the man, "First time I heard you laugh. You should do that more often."

 

The other stilled, then he smiled, "Its been a long time, its good to laugh again."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"MISTER!!!" Luhan hollered as he knocked on the other's door the next day, a basket of fresh vegetables slung on his arm.

 

"Hey hey hey!! You there? Are you still asleep?! Take this first and then go back to slee-"

 

"Do you know what time it is?" was the gruff greeting he got when the door was opened.

 

"Its past 4 am, I think?" replied Luhan.

 

"And the sun isn't up yet! Why did you have to come so early-"

 

"Because I'm your sun, its my duty to wake you up," Luhan grinned.

 

"The most annoying sun I know," said the man, then he turned and walked back inside again.

 

But he left the door open.

 

"Oh my god! I'm coming in~!" Luhan gleefully exclaimed as he excitedly stepped in, "We're officially friends now! YAY!!"

 

"'18', keep it down," chided the other.

 

"Oh~kay...shh, keeping it down now," Luhan whispered as he tipped toed in, following the other, "And since we're friends now, call me Lulu."

 

"I'll call you '18'," said the other, though there was a hint of laughter in his voice, "I'm rather fond of it already."

 

Luhan pouted, "You give horrible names!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Hey.." he poked him on the cheeks, he lowered his voice down to a whisper, "Missssstttteeerrrr~"

 

It almost near sunset, but Luhan wanted to chat before he headed down the mountain.

 

"Mister..are you exhausted? What did you do this day?" he tapped him lightly on the tip of the nose.

 

The man stirred, a crease forming in his brows, but he didn't wake up.

 

"Mister~" he blew hot air on his ear, but the other just grunted.

 

"Tsk, why are you sooo hard to wake up?" he pouted as he poked his cheeks again.

 

Luhan then squatted before the sleeping man, resting his chin on the bed as he stared closely at him.

 

"You should get that beard shaved," he absentmindedly mumbled.

 

His gaze strayed to the untrimmed, unstyled hair, "And get a haircut too! You look like a rock-star wanna-be."

 

He stared closely, leaning even closer as he reached out his fingers to trace the man's thick eyebrows, "Angry brows.."

 

He tried to straighten the crease between those brows with his thumb, "Why are you frowning in your sleep," he grumbled, "There, much better."

 

The man looked more relaxed now, shifting slightly on the bed but still facing Luhan.

 

His gaze drifted down to those red, enticing lips, "You have such plump lips! Hehe, how many have you kissed.." he giggled, brushing a finger on the lower lip as he traced its outline, "Must be nice to kiss someone.."

 

He blinked, yawning slightly as he rested his head on the bed, "Must be.."

 

He yawned again, eyes closing as sleep slowly pulled him in.

 

 


"..nice..to be.."

 

 


He breathed out a sigh.

 

 

 

 

 

"..kissed by you.."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"No.." Luhan mumbled, "Too..early.."

 

"Wake up," someone nudged him on the shoulders.

 

"I'll catch.." he kept mumbling, "catch the fish..no worries. Want it fried..yummy."

 

The man chuckled, "Geez, even in your sleep you talk about your fish."

 

"Fish.." Luhan seemed to agree, but was still deep in his sleep, "Likes them.." a small smile appeared on his lips, "He likes them..those fish.."

 

"Who.." asked the man, seemingly amused by him now.

 

"Mmmhh? Mister.." muttered Luhan, shifting on the bed, hugging the pillow tight, "He likes fish.."

 

"Hmm," the man chuckled, "You forced him to like them," he pulled up the sheets, tucking Luhan in, "Sleep more then."

 

He was almost out the door when he heard him speak up again.

 

"Like him too..that Mister.." he breathed out slowly, arms tightening his embrace on the pillow, "Can he like me too.."

 

 

 

He smiled at that.

 

 

 

 


"Almost.."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan woke up in a room lit up by just a lamp shade.

 

It took him seconds to realize he wasn't in his own house, much less in his own room, "Oohh."

 

"Good evening, I guess?" a deep baritone greeted him.

 

Luhan looked to his right, "He-hey.."

 

The man was seated on a couch which was facing the glass window, "Hey."

 

His silhouette was something out of a painting,or a myth.

 

He almost looked like..

 

 

Unreal.

 

 

 

With the moonlight bathing him in its glow.

 

 

"Ahmm," Luhan caught himself staring, a blush creeping on his cheeks from his action, "Wha-" he let his gaze roam around the room, "What time is it now?"

 

"Its almost midnight," replied the other.

 

"Oh," Luhan didn't know what to say, he slowly stood up as he straightened his clothes, then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter