Chapter Three

We Meet at Four in Room Seventy-Three

XiaošŸ’™šŸ”:Ā Hey

XiaošŸ’™šŸ”:Ā Hey bro

XiaošŸ’™šŸ”:Ā Bro

XiaošŸ’™šŸ”:Ā Answer me, Goddammit

XiaošŸ’™šŸ”: Dude

XiaošŸ’™šŸ”:Ā Dude where are you

XiaošŸ’™šŸ”:Ā M8

XiaošŸ’™šŸ”:Ā Nobutseriouslyimgettingrealgoshdarnworriedwhereareyou

DinoIsTheMan:Ā Oh God I'm sorry

DinoIsTheMan:Ā I got caught up in some

XiaošŸ’™šŸ”:Ā What

DinoIsTheMan:Ā A club

XiaošŸ’™šŸ”:Ā What club

DinoIsTheMan:Ā Debating

XiaošŸ’™šŸ”:Ā DEBATING???!!!!?!?!212?!2?2!1?2!2?1!?2?2!1!1?1?1!?2?2!2?2

DinoIsTheMan:Ā Um, yeah.

DinoIsTheMan:Ā Is there a problem?

XiaošŸ’™šŸ”:Ā Nah

XiaošŸ’™šŸ”:Ā Just didn't have you down as the type

DinoIsTheMan:Ā Well I didn't have you down as the type of person who likes Troye Sivan.

DinoIsTheMan:Ā But lo and behold

XiaošŸ’™šŸ”:Ā Whoa whoa whoa

XiaošŸ’™šŸ”:Ā The hell's that meant to mean

DinoIsTheMan:Ā It means whatever you meant

XiaošŸ’™šŸ”:Ā Good

XiaošŸ’™šŸ”:Ā Cos I'm not gay or whatever

XiaošŸ’™šŸ”: I don't want people misunderstanding

DinoIsTheMan:Ā No probs

DinoIsTheMan:Ā Listen I gotta go, my mum's calling me downstairs

XiaošŸ’™šŸ”:Ā K then. Bye.

Chan rolled over in his bed, covering his face in frustration, trying to ignore the sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. He was totally not bothered that Dongyeol was straight. They were friends. He was not pining over him or anything, definitely.

Chan spent Friday the fourth of September trying to avoid Dongyeol's gaze at all costs. He framed his face with his hands like they were makeshift horse visors, and set his eyes on his work. However, every time, without fail, he was reminded of Dongyeol's toothy grin and the way his tongue peeked out from behind it and that ridiculous headband he wore and his insane ideal world where cute actions got him anything. It was only the second day. People do not fall in love this easily. It was simple infatuation by Chan's standards, and would eventually pass.

'And so I said to him,' were the first words to come from Jeonghan's mouth that Chan heard as he pushed open the door. The members turned, a few waved, but all eyes quickly went back to Jeonghan. Chan set himself down in a chair, clunking his bag onto the floor next to him, 'Well since Chan's here I'll recap,' Jeonghan reasoned, waving a bit at Chan, 'So this kid notices my nail polish and calls me a tranny. Now, Seungcheollie knows that I'd usually just brush this kind of ignorance or whatever off, but this time I decide to actually reply. So I get all up in his face, proper breathing on to it, and I go "What did you say?" like I'm about to rip his neck off or some , and he just sneers and goes "Tranny" again, like I'm actually bothered by it, so I just go "Why?" to throw him off guard, which is when the drama starts. He just sorta looks off into space before going "Because... because... you're what I want to be."'

All the club members gasped, Jihoon looking like he especially connected with this particular story.

'So this is when I start thinking of her as "she",' Jeonghan continued, 'She tells me she's MTF, and hasn't started anything yet at all, and doesn't even own a tube of lipstick for fear of her family finding out.'

'What's her name and how tall is she?' Jihoon asked suddenly, urgency in his voice.

'Well her name at the moment is Jinhwan, but she's working on finding something new for herself, and she's like, I dunno, your height?' they answer, realisation dawning on their face.

'What class is she in? Mate do me a solid and tell me,' Jihoon practically begs.

'She's supposed to be in uni, but she took a gap year to hopefully get this sorted. She works in that bubble tea place in Kingston,' Jeonghan replied, 'We can go on a bit of an excursion over the weekend if you want.'

'Good,' Jihoon agreed, 'Cos I've got all these clothes and products I wanted to give to someone who needed them and she seems like the perfect receiver.'

'While we're on the subject of new recruits,' Soonyoung piped up, turning attention to him like a red spot on a canvas, 'I vote for Chan's cute friend Dongyeol!'

'I told you, he's straight,' Chan argued, the disappointment in his voive well-hidden, 'He told me yesterday.'

'The hell did that come up?' Mingyu asked, saying what no one else dared.

'I don't know,' Chan replied, although he did, 'I just- I said I was at debating, cos he was freaking out about how I wasn't texting him and stuff, and then he went "Debating?!" like it was some big issue, so I asked what was wrong, and he went "Didn't think you were the type" which I was irked about because it was like he knew I had pulled that out of my arse, so I said "Well you don't seem like the type who likes Troye Sivan" cos his username is "Xiao"- some indie nickname or whatever- and then the blue heart and the house with the tree, and he got all defensive and stuff so I said "I meant what you meant" to clear things up and he was just "Oh thank god cos I'm not gay or whatever" and I just- why was that his first reaction? To decide that I thought he was queer cos he likes Blue Neighbourhood. It's absolute bull.'

The room was silent until Seungcheol spoke softly, 'Congratulations on your first rant. Big milestone, that,' Seungcheol circled to the back of Chan and clepped him on the shoulder, 'The first of many.'

'What do you guys usually do with rants?' Chan asked, angling his head to see Seungcheol's face better.

'Well,' Minghao began, 'We say we'll act upon them and confront the situation...'

'But then we never actually do,' Hansol concluded, shrugging as if this was a daily occurence, which it might well have been.

Dino was about to reply when his phone buzzed, 'Ah, , Mum wants me home early,' Dino picked his bag up from the floor, turned around and waved, 'Bye guys!' before turning the handle that was formerly two strides away and reluctantly dragging himself out the room.

-

A/N: Okay so this was slow and filler and I'M SORRY. But worry not dear readers! I have great plans for the future, and I'm working on some other stuff which I'll talk about when it's not all so secretive. Thank you my dear sugar plums! -Aidan :3