One drunken night

DRAWN

Thank you for all your comments, I truly really am grateful for the support. ^^

I apologize, I wanted to update sooner, but I had exams to study for. I still am, but the majority is behind my back for now.

About today’s chapter: well, I like taking things slowly, especially at the beginning. Hope you won’t find it too boring :’) I promise the story will move faster very-very soon.

 


 

The barely snow-covered mountain peaks slowly melted away under the pleasant, warm sunbeams. The mixture of the bright orange sky, dark green grass and pale white snow was a big change after the forest of metallic gray buildings in Seoul. The breathtaking scenery never failed to attract her eyes every time she had time to actually see the world around her, not just the countless, white tents flooding all over the fields with the bustling crew inside them.

The filming ended for that day, but she had another schedule at dawn next day. She should have gone to bed already to let her tired body rest, but the mountains hovering over her didn't let her to. After spending the day on the back of a rather big horse riding for hours at a time, her thighs and rear felt awfully dull and sore. Her character was a noble woman who after committing a crime had to flee the capital with her subordinates while bloodthirsty soldiers chased them stuck on their heels. A very intense day for sure.

One time she almost fell down from the horse because the stormy wind picked up her long cloak and slammed it against the neck and cheek of the poor animal. It took them minutes to calm the horse down. The wind never lost its great power, even in the evening Ji Hyo could still feel the breeze grabbing onto her long locks, though it didn't bother her. Now, free from the heavy and a bit itchy wig her scalp welcomed the feeling of the soft wind. "Ji Hyo-ssi?"

She glanced back over her shoulder and saw her manager approaching with quick steps. He was always so lively… where did he get the energy?

"Yes?"

"The driver called that the car is ready. We can go back to Seoul now."

"Thank you. I will follow you in a minute."

"As you wish" nodded the man. "I will go back to the parking lot. Call if you don’t find the car."

The man disappeared behind the army of tents and Ji Hyo turned back staring at the faraways mountains. How fast life is. Yesterday they were filming in Seoul, now at the countryside, and during the night their car will get her back to their capital again, but this time not for filming a drama, but Running Man. After being absent last week she really couldn’t wait to be with the members again. Actually it was almost a month now since she last filmed for the show. Her heart said yes for a good name-tag ripping game, but her legs said no. They were still so wobbly from the horse riding. Hopefully this aftereffect will disappear until tomorrow morning. Though she doubted it would.

She sighed. Life seemed like a big hazy dream nowadays for her. Filming. Sleep. Filming. Eat. Filming. Running Man. Sleep. Filming. Eat. Sleep… The easiest way deal with the consecutive events was to concentrate on the present and don’t worry about future. Now she was standing in the middle a big field, facing the mother nature itself. In a few minutes she would walk back slowly to the supermarket at the end of the near town so she can sit in the car and sleep for a few hours before they get back to Seoul. Yeah. Until her manager will come for her in the morning, she will just try to sleep. Ji Hyo slowly teared her eyes away from the snow capped mountains, pulled the zipper of her hoodie up and began her leisure walk back to the car.

 

 

The music was throbbing more loudly in Dong Hoon’s restaurant, than ever. From time to time the seven cast members would gather together there to have fun, but they agreed not to disturb the dining guests. Now there were no one else there beside them thanks to the late hour. The place was just there and they used the opportunity well. It was really a while they could spend time together only the seven of them. During filming the whole crew watched them and at family gatherings they had company as well.

They drank, they sang, they danced… it was just perfect. Ji Hyo felt perfect. The long weeks of filming both her drama and the variety show drained her out, but tonight she felt really energetic for a change.

At some point their party died down a little, when the very drunk Gary decided to sing an emotional ballad (he even faked tears) and a little after Suk Jin joined in and performed another slow piece which made her a little sleepy even though the song was really beautiful. She stared at the opposite wall blankly with slightly open and tried to stay conscious. When she was truly drunk – like this time – and fell asleep, it was very hard for her to wake up again.

She felt a light tap on her shoulder and turned her head to the right. Jae Suk hopped down to the chair next to her and gave her a small smile.

"Are you tired?" She just shrugged her shoulders and smiled back at the man with her eyes closed. She felt too happy to not smile at anybody, really. "Maybe you should go home. You will have filming tomorrow as well, if I’m right." The corners of his mouth were still curled upright, but it didn't reach his eyes. He was troubled. Again. Ji Hyo didn't like to make her friends worried about things she can handle just fine. The lack of sleep while filming a drama was one of those things.

Though they mentioned it often nowadays. She was seriously started to believe them. She may really looked worse than ever and to tell the truth she had less energy she normally did. After her absence last week she made sure to look extra cheerful today, but the boys still wanted her to rest. During the couple race her partner, as usual, Suk Jin really took care of her. Other times he would made funny or a bit rude remarks about every guest and of course, about her too, but today he was really nice and caring. But it was unnecessary. And she wanted to show them so.

"Only the afternoon. I’m fine, oppa" she said and hit his arm playfully. "More than fine."

Determined to convince everyone about her condition she stood up, and wobble to the computer behind the counter. The drunken haze made her job a bit more difficult she would thought at first, but she managed to do it just fine. As Suk Jin finished his song, she opened up one of Haha’s music file that was full of with EDM and pop songs.

She stood in front of them and with a huge smile on her face she invited everyone to dance with her. Jae Suk was the first to stand up, no surprise as being the dancing machine, and Suk Jin followed him. Their movements were all taken from the 80s and 90s, they often did that. The oldschool disco moves were all they’ve got, though Jae Suk improved a bit nowadays.

The atmosphere was now again cheerful and happy. Everyone hopped onto their feet and had a dance break, so did Ji Hyo. Her inner dancing talent showed up during these times. She looked more free and less stiff. Everyone cheered on her.

The only one who remained in a sitting position was Jong Kook, the same man who didn't drink even a drop of alcohol into the whole night. Though he didn't seem tired he wasn't the same as his friends. He looked too calm.

"Come on, oppa!" Ji Hyo shouted over the loud music. He chuckled a bit, but shook his head. "Wae, wae?" The actress asked and jumped in front of him still moving her body back and forth. "The biggest idol of the 90s stays still? It’s wrong!"

Actually, Jong Kook wanted to dance, but his leg bothered him after todays filming again. The pain sometimes appeared, other times he felt fine for several weeks. It wasn't too bad, though, but he thought it would be better to just sit and rest for now. But as he looked at the others, especially Ji Hyo with her big eyes and pleading look on her face, he couldn't resist. He let himself pulled to a standing position and the woman lead him by the wrist onto the middle of their small "stage".

It felt strange. Something felt strange, but her delirium clouded mind couldn’t figure out the cause. She glanced down at their linked hands, then at his muscled upper body and at last but not least she looked at his face, the kindness in his eyes, the smile on his lips. Her face was already flustered due to all the alcohol she consumed, it couldn’t be more red, but her heart throbbed more quickly. It felt bad and sickening. The world at once became blurry making her dizzy, but all she could concentrate on was his gentle smile and the way he started rocking his body. They were the usual movements from his Turbo days or other choreographies of 90’s bands, but this time all she could do was stare at him and try to catch her breath. His strong arms flew in the air, the muscled legs tapped on the floor ever so lightly and at the same time powerfully, and the look on his face was the mixture of passion and happiness.

She wanted to dance along, she really did, but her body never moved.

A small voice in the back of her mind told her to stop staring at him, because it’s obvious, but she didn't obey.

When the song ended, all the boys started clapping and cheering, and the panting, sweating Jong Kook just smiled at them. He really enjoyed dancing even if his leg started to rob a little after his short performance.

"Are you satisfied, Ji Hyo-yah?" He asked and tapped her lightly on the shoulder. All she could do was smile and nod a few times.

Jae Suk jumped in the middle of their little dance floor to showed his friends he got the moves when the next song started, but Ji Hyo still saw only Jong Kook in her mind. The ex-idol walked slowly to the tables and drank the whole glass of mineral water he had left. He brushed the back of his hand over his lips to remove some stray drops and Ji Hyo had to tear away her eyes. It was wrong. So wrong.

Something told her again, that she can’t do this. That it’s wrong because she already gave up… she gave up on him.

This seemed like a silly decision now. Why would she gave up on him? He was awesome. So lovable. Oooh meoributeo balkkeutkkaji da sarangseureowo~

Eh… what was she thinking about again? Now now, her mind was a complete mess.

A sudden dizziness woke he up from the thoughts and she reached at her chair, but it was a little bit further away than she thought it would be. She had to steady herself grabbing the edge of a table not to fall over.

"Watch out!"

Ji Hyo felt strong arms on her shoulders and soon she was seated. Finally. She looked up and smiled at Jong Kook and sent a grateful smile for his kindness.

On the other hand the tiger felt worried again. Ji Hyo made him worried nowadays a lot. She was casted in her new historical drama last September, and from that moment her energy slowly started to drain out of her. During winter she was almost always ill. Nothing serous most of the time, just simple colds, but she never seemed to recover from them. She started to fall into short slumbers during the breaks and lately, even during filming as well. She is usually more cautious than that, but she can’t help it. And last week… she looked the worst. Her extremely pale face made everyone worried.

"Will noona be okay?" Jong Kook couldn’t forget Kwang Soo’s anxious voice. "Gyebaek won't happen again, right?"

He hoped so. Now she looked way better than last week, but they were still alert. Drama filming conditions can be really hard.

Jong Kook sit down next to Ji Hyo and glanced at her. Even though she was nodding at the rhythm of the music, her eyes were slowly closing. While the boys were busy singing along to the actual song, the muscular man was trying to stay unmoving as the actress fell asleep within minutes. Her head was a really odd angle and it would be uncomfortable for her neck so he reached for her cheek and pulled the woman closer, so she leaned against his shoulder. There were no romantic intention behind his actions, he just wanted help a very tired friend.

Ji Hyo fought hard against the warm blackness. She wanted to have fun with the members and prove herself, but she eventually fell asleep. The last thing she thought about was the pleasant smell lingering around her nose. His scent… 

 

 

The taxi halted in front of a rich, ten story building. Dong Hoon reached forward and gave the man the exact amount their drive costed and then turned to Ji Hyo wo was sleeping soundly next to him. For a completely wasted woman she was currently, she looked really nice. Her lips parted lightly, and a thin strain of saliva escaped at the corner of , but still, she looked stunning. He thought it must be in the "actress package". A certain vibe a man could not find in ordinary women that easily.

"Hey, Mong Ji Hyo, we are home." He shake her by the shoulders gently, but it took more force the next time to actually wake her up.

She looks disoriented and tired.

"Come, I will help you." Dong Hoon got out of the car and walked around it. He opened the door and reached for her arms. "Thank you, driver-ssi. Good night."

"Good night" the taxi driver mumbled back and he managed to get Ji Hyo on her feet. She looked like she could walk on her own, but it would take too much time, and sometimes this late even he was short for patience.

He get her on his back for a piggy-back ride and she never protested. It actually worried him more. if she was sober, Ji Hyo would never let herself carried this way outside filming. Not that she enrolled the typical independent woman who can do everything on her own, but didn't like unnecessary and too inappropriate things.

"Sorry, Dong Hoon-ah" he heard when they headed for the gate.

"For what?"

He was ready to hear something complete nonsense, since his musician friends used to say the stupidest things when they were drunk, but the following conservation was far to serious.

"I didn't want to be a… a burden." She almost whispered resting her chin against his shoulder. "I must have been really awkward tonight. I rarely drink this much."

"Really?" He chuckled instantly. They entered the building and Dong Hoon went to the elevators. It was rather a difficult task to push the buttons while holding Ji Hyo, but he succeeded in one try. "You weren't awkward at all. We like drunk Ji Hyo. She is funny and can dance really well. You don’t have to feel bad because of it."

"Ah… still…"

The elevator arrived and he stepped in looking at their reflection. A tired and sad looking woman on his back and a his own confused face.

"It’s nothing, Ji Hyo-yah, really" he said never tearing his eyes away from his face. "Drunk people tend to do stupid things. No one is exception. After a hard breakup I was really annoying." Though he didn't say her name, of course Ji Hyo knew who he was talking about. "I was working every day hard so I don’t have to think about her, I rarely slept, but I drank often. That was stupid, your behavior is not."

They heard a light beep so Dong Hoon left the elevator and headed towards Ji Hyo’s apartment. "I was far more annoying. You were amusing tonight, Ji Hyo. Don’t feel bad."

When he stopped, she knew they needed her keys if she wanted to enter her home. She tried to get off his back she almost fell down.

"Woah, easy." Dong Hoon put her down and she leaned against the wall while searching for the keys. She handed it to the man holding the right one and he help opening it.

Ji Hyo was looking at her friend intently and Dong Hoon returned her gaze. Opening up to her about this serious matter was a really odd choice. He must have been a bit drunk as well. Normally he doesn't like to speak about himself.

"Go, Mong Ji. You need your beauty sleep."

"Thank you" she cracked a smile and wobbled inside her home. "Tell Byul I said hi."

"Of course" He smiled too and waited until he heard the crack as she locked the door again.

Ji Hyo had to hold onto the walls and furnitures to help herself reach the bedroom. The complete darkness did not help the task, her messy room either. When she finally grabbed onto her blanket, she sat down on her bed staring at the wall blankly. She thought about the things the man said minutes ago. He just wanted her to feel better about her silly actions, but she just felt more weird eventually. She passed out and they had to stop the party for tonight. She could remember people asking if she can go home, but she said her manager is already asleep. Faint voices could be heard, though Ji Hyo never understood even a word. Later they said something about Dong Hoon taking the responsibility since they lived in the same building, but she couldn't even stood up on her own when the taxi arrived. She was too sleepy desperately wanting to lay down.

Their behavior were similar to an extent. They drank to forget and to feel better. He did so because he felt love-sick.

Did she, too?

Dong Hoon and Hye Kyung were together for years. Her love for Jong Kook can’t be compared to that.

She lay down, with her clothes and makeup on not having the power to remove neither, but she couldn't fall asleep right away. The heavy thoughts didn't let her to.

She’s not in love with him that much. She just can’t.

 


 

So, the second chapter is up. Have you been wondering when will Ji Hyo tell Jong Kook the others about her feelings? But what if someone already knew it…? :D