005

Approximating the Distance between Two People

Scared and Confusion flows into me like how a water streams go through a river path.Thinking of escaping is impossible for me. The path way is a long narrow one way path. Walking further away from him is impossible; it's a dead-end for me. Walking passed through him is also futile. His intimidating aura and superiority is overflowing. Frankly, I feel too small just by standing near him.  Instead of looking who it that person is I look for the thing he keep on insisting his own. Thinking there is only two things thing he might possible own is the scarf Jinwoo lend me and the kitten I brought from its box awhile ago. 

"Why are you wearing the scarf I lend to Jinwoo?" He ask once again. Trying to get my attention to him. I took a deep breath and walk further keeping a safe distance to my safe. Thoughts running wild in me. Possibilities I might meet when I will face him. Thinking impossible things a man can do to woman. I sigh in his response before turning my face to look at him. And give him answer that might spare me from my misery. 

But instead of feeling much more fearful and intimidated by him when I face him is a complete opposite from what I guess I should feel. Although he sounds too frightening and has an aura of superiority. His looks are in fact the contrary to how he sound. His sun-kissed skin complimented his small manly face. His cheeks that look too fluffyand lips that are small but seem to fluffy to look. Just then, he ask again the question he asked before. Not knowing exactly why I took a deep breath a while ago. I sigh in my heart's content feeling a bit relax that the man look at least harmless.

"Oh this..." I whispered as I remove the scarf he mention a while ago. And place in respectfully in his hands. Never once taking a second glance to him. I continue what I say.

"Jinwoo.. Kim Jinwoo let me borrow his... I mean your scarf for me. Thinking that I feel a bit cold with the night breeze.... I'm so sorry in Jinwoo's behalf and mine... Jinwoo is just being to concern.. I'm sorry and thank you"  I said with my voice full of respect and bow in front of him. I thought he's going to let me off and go.

However,

I heard a loud grasp which made me look in front of me. The man with a deep and husky voice which had an expression of disbelief and a glint of happiness. He grasped with his hand on his mouth. Before smiling in front of me reaching his hand in my shoulder-blade to pat. He composes himself a little making myself once again feel too short in comparison with his height. Compared to Jinwoo this man is a lot taller than him but shorter than Taehyun. 

"So you're the girl Taehyun keep on telling me?" He said turning my attention back to him. Confused expression drawn in my face which made that man left a chuckle.

"Forget it, you were probably really cold for Jinwoo to let you borrow a scarf. By the way Mino; Song Mino pleasure to meet you Seira dongsaeng" he continued. Not bothering a second about my confused look about how he knew Taehyun and describing me with :you're that girl'. Only saying his name. as if it would give any clue to what he said. 

"Wait.. Oh... Taehyun?.. You know Taehyun as in Nam Taehyun?" I ask him shock at the fact that he, Taehyun and JInwoo might have been friends".

"We're both art students in our school. Of course, I know those brats" he commented like it is nothing.

" I guess you're not a stranger nor an acquaintance to Jinwoo anymore. Considering that he would talk randomly to you. Jnwoo isn't the type who would have conversation to anyone. Anyways, I'm the new tenant next door. quite surprise that I would be the neighbour of a friend of JInwoo and Taehyun" He said still smiley and giddy about it.

Soon after he left I still stand in front of my door thinking about what happened. Meeting someone who's apparently close to Jinwoo. Much more being a neighbour just beside my door. The kitten purr in my side interrupting my thoughts about just a while ago.

A sigh the comes off my lips. Reaching my keys in my pockets and unlock the door in front of me. Opening the door welcoming me the darkness and silence of my apartment. Turning the lights off then putting the kitten down the floor.

Here, I am again left all alone in this four-walled apartment. But, I guess not now. At least the kitten is here beside me. caressing his body into my ankle. I walk pass the living room and come towards the kitchen. With the kitten following my steps from behind. Smiling at the thought that the kitten seem to follow around. I opened the cabinet looking for fresh canned tuna for him.Reaching out for bottom end. Eventually succeed in getting the canned tuna for him. Getting a small bowl to plate the tuna finally giving it to him. 

Looking at it as it eat up the tuna. Observing how he closes his eyes as it eat. Savoring the flavor of the tuna he get to like. He look peaceful even happy. Perhaps liking the fact that someone still cared for him despite him experiencing being astray and felt all alone. Slowly feeding up his emotion of being lonely and sad. Perhaps he finds the joy at having someone beside him. Someone who could care, give love and protect him from future harms.

Somehow, just looking at him reminds me of Jinwoo. A guy who hides all his feelings inside him. A guy who I can see through everything. A guy who is very fragile and dear. Drowning himself into the sadness, loneliness, and emptiness he felt. 

"You don't have a name yet right?" I ask looking at the kitten still eating while softly caressing him from its head. I lift my head a side and look at the window. Seeing how the star glittering the darkness of the night sky. I smiled thinking at how I should name the kitten. Just like how the kitten brighten up my mood and bring comfort towards Jinwoo. And Just like how the kitten eyes sparkle with towards me and Jinwoo.

"Light, that's your name for now on" I said with a smile.

Just exactly how the star and the universe beyond this sky above us light up the darkness we have.

Soon, after meeting Mino and having light as my pet. 

Days pass by so quick and fast pace. That it almost feel like those simple ordinary days seem to happened just recently.

Perhaps it has to do with time itself. Time never care for days nor Months even years to pass. Time itself is similar fo how a sand clock work. Seem to look like slow but is in fact too fast for anyone to comprehend.

These past few days let me experience and know a lot of things that surrounds me. Letting me know that knowing someone or something isn't easy as counting numbers. It may sometimes feel like eternity to know something or it may to work as fast as a lightning. 

And that is exactly how I feel every time Jinwoo and I meet. Though it isn't as frequent meet ups or conversation. Somehow, I find it inevitable to know and experience. Always leaving a different impressions when we met. Although it isn't frequent when Jinwoo and I meet. Light seems to know what I feel and end up comforting me or giving me silent cheers for me.

My mind polluted with thoughts of him. Thousands of images and expression he has shown to me flow within me. Seem like getting caught in his enchanted spell He cast into me. 

Turning around the corner of this alley. This area seems  too quiet for my own good. Not that I'm scared or something but usually this place is as noisy as the main road. Cars, motor bikes and neighbours are always passing by here. But, today feels too strange for me not hear any single noise except the humming of the birds up ahead and my foots steps. 

I froze at the silhouette of someone before me. 'no, no that cannot be Jinwoo'. The sound of the man groaning and in pain seems too familiar to me. It couldn't be him right? I shook my thoughts and begin walking yet the man stumble and fall.

My heart at this moment feels too much surprise and there he is the man I seem to recognize. Kim Jinwoo.


enjoy reading and leave comments if you want

Don't you think this chapter is different and a bit rush. Because, I do. This chapter seems too differe nt from the others.