Fate and Timing

Chasing Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What do we have here? A man who went missing for weeks and decided to trespass my apartment.”I huffed sarcastically as the view of his silhouette on my sofa was visible. But my sarcastic comment was futile upon realising that he was fast asleep on my couch. How dumb was I not to even realise his snoring? I sighed as I went to his side with my work outfit and the strong smell of perfume mixed with sweat but the fatigue and exhaustion disappeared. It was as if the aches on my arms, my tensed muscles, and my sluggish eyelids were non-existent. And it’s all because of him. His existence made so much of a difference that I hate that he’s back. I’m happier now - I’m happy being with Jackson.

 

I hate it. I hate him. I hate me.

 

I hate how I soften at the sight of his eyelids closed against the dim light of the room and his breathing deep and relaxed, all the muscles in her face and body were totally at peace. There were barely any movement ; except the vibrations his snoring that caused his chest to move upwards and then downwards.The innocence showed on the sleeping face of his, the peaceful and serene dreams. This sight of him seemed to make the world seem to stand still - seemed to make my world stand still.Though my eyes are open I can't think of why; my heart is pounding, mind empty.

 

This isn’t fair. Especially not for me.

 

If my thoughts were visible they would be a huge explosion, chaotic events and twists anxiety all mixed together to just one conclusion - that I lo… no, I can’t. , I’m dating for goodness sake. And he’s dating. None of this thoughts should even exist in the first place. He shouldn’t be here in the first place. I rake my disheveled as I grunted at the misfortune that was placed upon me now.

 

“Eunji?”

 

That caught me off guard. Out of surprise, I leaned back, not expecting him to be awake.

 

“Sorry, I fell asleep while waiting.”He rubbed his eyes. “And sorry for entering the apartment without telling beforehand. I just thought it’s -”

 

“Save the excuses for later and get to the point as to why you’re here.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter