Memories

Chasing Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sorry for bothering you late at night.” He sipped his hot chocolate I made for him.

 

“Nah, it’s okay. That’s what friends are for. Right?” The word ‘friends’ killed me a little. I didn’t like how it sounded. But then again, I’m just his best friend; nothing more nothing less.

 

“About that. I’m really sorry how our friendship turned out. I didn’t mean to distance myself from you or avoid your calls and messages. I -” He but his lips, not wanting to explain further.

 

“I get it. It’s Naeun. She has the right to get worried. She is your girlfriend.”I didn’t know why I thought defending and reasoning her actions was a good idea but I guess I didn’t want him to blame anyone for the past. The past is the past. Truthfully, he was at fault too, so blaming Naeun solely isn’t right either.

 

“Was my girlfriend.” He corrected.

 

“Right.” I scoffed.

 

“This reminds me of the time you broke up with your girlfriend in junior high.” I brought up memories of his past. I’ve seen him break up with his past girlfriends but this was the worst breakup he went through; maybe because he genuinely likes her or maybe it was because they’ve been together for nearly three years now. But either way, he was really affected by how this relationship ended out to be. That pained me even more. It pained me to see him like this and eventually I know he’s going to crawl back to that girl sooner or later. I know him too well that in a matter of time, he would run back to Naeun, begging for them to get back again. That’s how much he loves her. That’s how much Namjoon cares for Naeun. Deep down, underneath all his layers of stupidity, he’s a really good

man. It’s a shame that Naeun has this man in her palms.

 

“Yeah, I was a mess wasn’t I?”

 

“Yes, you were. But I would say the best moment in high school was when you punched that guy for me.” I recalled.

 

“That guy Hyeonho, huh? He deserved it, though. He made fun of you for a week because of that hairstyle of yours. I admit, though, your hair was pretty horrendous.” That comment of his earned him a punch on his left arm. There he was whining how painful my punch was. He always forgets that I’m a black belt.

 

“You were a life saviour, though. Too bad you had to serve detention for a week.” He always protected me that I grew accustomed to him until he decided his girlfriend was his priority. Soon after, I lost the shoulder that I used to cry on whenever I had a hard day and the lost the hand that pulled me up whenever I’m down and I lost him. But at least his back; for now.

 

“My mum almost killed me because of that. At least she let me off when she found out I was just protecting you from that dumb kid.”

 

“Your mum loves me.” I playfully .

 

“Agree,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter