The Question

Moving

The next day Changmin started regretting what he said. It began when Yunho made him breakfast.

It was french toast. It was soaked in maple syrup. There was too much butter on the side, and the bread had a burnt taste.

Yunho was watching him with his hopeful smiles. And Changmin knew his hyung tried so he finished the thing in four bites and gulped it down with the grapefruit juice Yunho poured him.

On their way to work Yunho stopped suddenly at a street corner and ran out of the car saying he forgot something. Changmin groaned, a little annoyed at the other's consistent forgetfulness.

Minutes later Yunho came back with a box of half dozen large donuts with all different flavors. He took out one for himself and gave Changmin the rest of the box.

"Thought you might get hunger on the way," Yunho said.

Changmin couldn't help his lips from curving upwards into a smile. Plus the other had powder sugar around his lips. He helped Yunho with a napkin.

For lunch Yunho took him to a new restaurant.

"One of the staffs told me about it," Yunho said.

And Changmin said, "sure." As long as they serve food anywhere's good, he thought.

It turned out to be a bistro. It was a nice day so they sat outside on a table with an umbrella. They looked at the menu but couldn't decide.

So Yunho asked the waitress, "Do you have any lunch specials?"

"We've got a couples set lunch," she said.

Yunho hesitated and smiled. "...Couple?"

Changmin stared at the waitress, puzzled. "You think we look like a couple?"

"I'm sorry. No," the waitress waved her hands with apologies, "no the only special we have today is a couples set lunch."

"Oh, okay. What's in it?" Yunho asked.

"The couples set lunch comes with a set of two spaghetti and meatballs, with two rose syrup iced teas, and two slices of strawberry cheesecake for a price of one." The waitress looked at Yunho as she told them the menu, pretending to be coy as she blushed and smiled. Changmin would had rolled his eyes if he wasn't more focused on what was in the couples set lunch.

"Okay, we'll take that then." Yunho nodded as he gave the menus back to the waitress with a kind grin.

It was around three in the afternoon when Changmin was dozing off, eyes closed. When suddenly he felt a warmth on his left cheek. His eyes snapped open and there was Yunho with a warm smile and an equally warm cup of coffee in a tall Styrofoam cup in hand held up against his cheek.

Changmin took the coffee and Yunho went on giving him a small white box. He opened it and inside was a big slice of Tiramisu. Changmin couldn't hold back a smile when he saw it. Yunho ruffled his hair which Changmin usually hated but just for today he let it go.

Yunho wanted to cook dinner tonight. Pork chops. But somehow they burst into flames in the frying pan. It was bizarre. In the end they had instant ramen which Yunho insisted on cooking. No incidents happened there.

"How's the ramen?" Yunho asked Changmin.

"It's good," the younger answered. It'll be even better if Yunho didn't look at him like every two seconds while he ate, but he didn't mention it to him.

Yunho smiled in relief of the spoken response. "Here, have another ham." He gave Changmin the last slice of meat from his bowl.

"Thanks." Changmin took a bite of the ham and slurped some noodles with it.

"Changmin-ah..." There was a lingering in Yunho's voice.

The other looked up as he chewed off some ramen into his bowl. "Mmm-humm...?"

"Are you still..." Yunho paused for second, "...thinking ....about moving out?"

Changmin was looking at the other for what seemed like a long time before answering "yea" even though he wasn't sure anymore.

Yunho smiled and nodded. "Alright, just let me know if you need help finding a place." Then he went back to finish his noodles.

The rest of dinner was pretty quiet. Dessert was custard pudding Yunho picked up after they finished work. Changmin would had enjoyed it more if Yunho hadn't suddenly said he needed to do something and went into his room and shut the door.