The Place

Moving

Yunho had been on the phone all morning standing outside on the balcony. It was the middle of winter, but he didn't seem to feel the cold. And it must had been an old friend. He kept laughing and using his satori (accent).

A little more than two hours later or maybe three he came back in with a slight shiver.

"Changmin-ah, I think I just found you a place," Yunho called to the other, with a wide smile like he just did something he was really proud of.

Changmin looked up from the book he was reading on the couch. "A place for what?"

"A place for you. We can take a look at it right now. I'll drive." Yunho was already putting on his coat and grabbing the keys.

"You mean now-now? But-"

Changmin was about to say more, and then Yunho pulled him off the couch. "Let's go!"

Before he knew it, Changmin was shuffled out their apartment. While Yunho locked the door and ran to the elevator to press the down button, excitedly.

About an hour and a half drive later. Changmin was looking towards the ocean on top of a hill covered with very green grass and tall trees next to well-groomed bushes. He saw all this through one of the surrounding glass walls of a luxurious home outside of Seoul.

"Changmin, how you like this place?"

Yunho's voice approached from behind him, patting his back as the other stood next to him.

Changmin glanced at his hyung once then looked back at the view. "It's nice. But are you really sure we're allowed in here?"

No keys, no codes, they literally just opened the door walked inside the house.

"Sure, I'm sure. The agent selling this place is an old friend of mines," Yunho said confidently with a reassuring smile.

Changmin walked to the spacious living room which opened up to all the other rooms. He looked at the staircase to the second floor, the wide halls, the high ceiling, the skylight. He took everything in. Then he came to something.

"Don't you think this place is too big for one person," Changmin concluded. "What am I suppose to do with the big extra room?"

"Make it into an office, a studio, a guest room. Whatever you like." Yunho threw out ideas.

"It's far from the city. From where we work," Changmin said.

"You can drive," Yunho replied.

"But the car-"

Yunho stopped Changmin. "You can keep the car. I think I've been gaining some weight. Maybe I'll just start walking."

Changmin smiled a little at the second part. "Why are you-?"

The elder cut in again. "Do you not like this place? I can ask my friend to find more places for you to look at. I told him you like a lot of space, and peace and quiet. That's why he recommend here."

Changmin sighed. "No. I mean I like it. But...," he paused, and looked at Yunho, who smiled back at him for no reason at all. "I'll have to think about."

Walking, surveying the place once more. It's really too much, Changmin thought. Things are moving too fast, and he wasn't so sure about this whole moving thing anymore. But why now?

"It's the first place you looked at anyway," Yunho interrupted the other's thoughts. "Maybe my friend can find a better place than this."

"Yea," Changmin nodded, but then he sighed again without realizing it. Reflexively he looked at his watch. "It's almost 2. We have a meeting around 3. We should get going."

"Okay," Yunho agreed, putting his arm over Changmin's shoulder.

The younger looked at his hyung finding the closeness quite unnecessary. But he'll let it go like he usually does. Because it's the warmth that he's grown so use to. Though, this only lasted until Yunho opened the door for him and the winter breeze captures them.

Changmin wrapped his scarf a little tighter around his neck as he followed Yunho to the car. Along the way he stopped and just for a moment he watched Yunho's retreating back.