The Furniture

Moving

"Changmin, look at this."

Changmin turned towards the voice, walking across the floor of the furniture store to find Yunho sitting on a purple velvet couch with gold trim and tassels.

The younger laughed. "That's bad taste, hyung."

"I guess, huh." Yunho rubbed the smooth arm of the couch as his eyes wandered around the store and then stopped on something.

"Oh!" Yunho made a sound as he went off to what caught his eye. It was a chair resembling a giant baseball mitt.

Changmin smirked as he watched Yunho doting over the chair. "That looks ridiculous." He meant the furniture, of course.

At that they were already moving on to the next showcase area.

"How about this?" Yunho made a turn to a floral printed couch. Specifically, it had a beige background scattered with red roses, yellow flowers and their leaves. Plus it had these large poofy movable back cushions.

Changmin shook his head. "That looks like a granny sofa."

"Doesn't that mean it has more of a home feel?" Yunho tried with a smile, but was only replied by more head shaking.

Yunho turned around to see if there's something else that might be of the other's favor. "Or stripes?" He pointed to a coffee colored couch nearby.

"I'd rather have something more modern and made of leather." Changmin finally offered some real opinion. "It's easier to clean too."

"I thought you'd say that. Let's go up stairs." Yunho waved his hands as he headed to the stairs to the second floor with Changmin on toll.

After looking for a bit Yunho sat down on a smooth shiny black sofa. It was very geometric. It had a rectangular silhouette and perfectly squared seat and back cushions. It looked expensive, which it was - just like most of the other modern furniture on this floor.

Changmin sat down next to the other. "It's nice." He leaned back and ran his hand through the smooth leather.

Changmin was so into the feel of it that he didn't realized there was another hand placed next to his on the seat. The other hand moved slightly brushing his pinky. But it quickly moved away. Changmin looked up and there was Yunho gazing back at him.

"While we are here let's look at mattresses," the elder said.

"Do we really have time for this?" Changmin asked, wondering how they got all this time.

"Sure. I told you already I pushed all our schedule just for this," Yunho said confidently.

It's been a week since they visited the glass house up in the hills. After their busy schedule they finally had some free time on this fine day, and Yunho decided to do some furniture shopping.

Sometimes Changmin doesn't know what the other's thinking. He knows his hyung is trying to be supportive of him wanting to move out. But does he have to be so consistent? Changmin is starting to have this strange feeling Yunho is the one who wants him to move out.

Or was he overlooking something.

"Changmin, come try this." Yunho was laying down on a mattress, and patting the empty space next to him.

Changmin looked left and right. There wasn't really anyone around so he felt comfortable enough to just sit on the edge of the bed and gave it a bounce. A second later something pulled on his left shoulder and the next thing Changmin knew he was lying in the bed with Yunho beside him.

"What do you think?" the other asked.

Changmin laid there for a moment. "It's a little too soft."

"Yea," Yunho agreed.

From there on they went from one mattress after the other down the aisles. They were like kids again hopping up on the beds, bouncing on them, laying down and rolling about on them. But Changmin will just say Yunho-hyung made him do it. Because the elder looked like he was having a lot more fun.

They were down to their twelfth mattress when Changmin stopped and came around to a point. "I just realized what we're doing is kind of unsanitary."

"What do you mean?" Yunho was clueless, yet curious, about the younger's new finding.

"Do you have any idea how many people have tested out these mattresses like we have? How many bodies have laid down on them? How many butts have sat on them?" Changmin said, while still laying on the bed.

Yunho turned to his side and faced Changmin as he propped up on one elbow. "You realized that now after what we did on all those beds."

"Yunho." Changmin frowned at the other's combination of words.

"Sorry." Yunho followed with his ever so shining smile. "If it makes you feel any better when we get home you can take a long hot shower and you can even go first."

Now it was Changmin's turn to propped up on one elbow with a tilt of his head. "You only say that because you like the leftover cold water. And you take like two hours in the shower."

"I don't take 2 hours," Yunho retorted.

"I can finish a whole movie while you're in there," Changmin insisted.

"I know what movie you're talking about and it was not 2 hours." Yunho was waving a hand in denial.

"It isn't just that. You practically had a whole solo concert in there. What is that about?" Changmin made a small gesture with his hand then place it on his hip.

Yunho was opening his mouth to answer to that when they both heard someone clearing their throat.

"Excuse me gentlemen, may I help you?" said a lady's voice.

At that instant both Yunho and Changmin rolled over to opposite sides of the bed, got up and fixed their clothes hurriedly. They were embarrassed. If no one knew what really happened there people could have just looked at them now and think they had done something indecent on the bed - which they didn't.

While at the same time behind the presumable sales lady a couple was walking by chuckling. Maybe at them, Changmin thought and started looking at the floor.
 
"No. Thank you. We're just browsing" Yunho replied to the sales.

After the sales lady left them alone they decided it was time to leave the furniture store. They were silent all the way to the door. Then once they were outside both of them looked at each other and just burst out laughing.

Reason?

It beats awkward silence.