The Announcment

Moving

While Yunho was playing a game on his ipad for the past hour, Changmin had been sitting on the other side of their shared couch. Silent, eyes blankly staring at the coffee table in front of him, and fingers fiddling, Changmin appeared to be deep in thought.

Finally making his decision, Changmin takes in a deep breath. "Hyung," he called over to the other.

"Yea, Changmin," Yunho answered, with his eyes still on the game.

"I...umm" Changmin hesitated, wondering maybe this may be a bad idea. "I think... I should move out."

Yunho stiffened at what he heard. And he died in his game with one life line left. "What you say?"

"I want to move out," Changmin said it clearly this time.

"Why all of a sudden? Did I do something?" Yunho asked, with his innocent eyes directed at Changmin. "Was it this morning with the toothpaste thing again? I promise I'll try to squeeze from the bottom next time. Or was it the underwear incident? I swear I had the same pair. I thought it was mines. It won't hap..."

Changmin raises his hand up. "Stop. Please. Hyung, listen. And I already got over all that, sort of." He takes a second to breathe and clear his thoughts. "I simply think it's time for me to try living on my own."

"How long have you thought about this?" Yunho asked, in a much serious tone now.

"I've actually thought about this for some time now," Changmin replied, and avoiding eye contact.

"Is this what you truly want?" Yunho asked this while looking right into Changmin's eyes.

Changmin was a bit startled by the sudden eye contact. And was wavering a bit. "Possibly?" But he quickly regained his confidence again, answering with a sure, "Yes."

Yunho nods and eventually shows the other his usual sparkling smile. "Then I'll support you," he said, patting Changmin on the shoulder. "If you need any help just let me know."