[04] MY BURDEN

MY BURDEN • EXO SEHUN - F(X) KRYSTAL FAN FICTION

Chapter 04
"The Queenkas"

- - - - -

Krystal follows Baekhyun as he drags her to the cafeteria, maybe he was starving. As they passed by, she'd get sudden stares and glares and she wondered why. She never knew Baekhyun was that popular after all.

"How's your first day so far, Krystal?" he asks once they reach the lunch line.

Krystal makes a tiny thumbs up sign with her hand, "It's going great. I expected it to be a horrible."

"Why did you expect that?"

She shrugged, "Probably because I'm new to this school and new to Korea."

"I guess that is a good excuse," he nods his head and gets his tray of food. "Well, congratulations, it wasn't horrible."

Krystal lightly chuckles, "Thanks, I guess."

"Hm, do you want to sit there?" Baekhyun asks when they both got their food. Krystal agrees and the both sit and start eating.

Baekhyun felt a little shy sitting there since it was usually for the commoners. He usually sat on his table, with his friends, the kingkas. But Krystal was new, he knew it would cause trouble with the others if he brought a new kid to their table.

As they ate, a sudden crowd formed at the entrance of the large room. Cheers were hear from everyone, especially the boys.

"Who's that?" Krystal questions and Baekhyun glances at the crowd.

He returns back to his food, "Ah, it's the queenkas."

"Queenkas?"

"Yeah, you know— oh wait, I forgot you're from America," he chuckles. "Just think of them as your usual popular, high class people."

"So if there's queenkas, then does that mean there's—"

"Kingas?" he finished for her and answered, "yes, and you're talking to one right now."

Krystal blinks at him, "Really?"

He nods his head, "You basically just met most of them."

"Whatever you say," she says.

"Yah, it's true."

Krystal nods slowly and Baekhyun just continues on the the queenka topic, "If you want to fit in, you should at least know who the queenkas are. Everyone here pretty much treasures them because the queenkas—"

"What about the queenkas?" they hear suddenly. Krystal looks back to see an elegant, angel-looking student. Behind her were even more glamorous girls, which equaled up to about eight.

"Oh, hey Taeyeon," Baekhyun greets her casually. Krystal just bows to the unfamiliar person.

"Oh hello," Taeyeon greets her, "you're the new student, right?"

Krystal nods at her, "It's nice to meet you, I'm Taeyeon."

"Taeyeon, this is Jung Soo Jung, or you can call her Krystal," Baekhyun introduces, "and Krystal, this is Taeyeon, one of the queenkas."

"Krystal? I really like that name," Taeyeon smiled and faced Baekhyun, "So why were you talking about the queenkas, huh?" She says seriously, but also playfully.

"Oh well, Krystal is new, so I just had to give her some facts, you know."

"Ah right," she agrees and turns to her friends behind her then back at Krystal, "well, since we're all here, why don't we introduce each other?"

Krystal smiles sweetly and they all introduce themselves, one by one. Of course she couldn't recall most of the names, but she knows she heard about one or two American names. She couldn't believe she already met some, or maybe all of the queenkas on the first day.

"Baek," Taeyeon starts again, "why are you sitting here?"

"Umh, I just needed to accompany Krystal."

Taeyeon gently places her hands on Krystal's shoulders, "She can sit on our tables, if anything."

"Really?" Baekhyun asks.

"Of course," her friend, Tiffany responds and turns to Krystal. "Let's sit on our table," Tiffany tells her in English and Krystal smiles, she has new friends and she was happy one of them can also speak English.

Krystal quickly finishes her milk before Baekhyun took care of returning her tray. The girls all sit on their designated table, which was right next to Baekhyun's.

Baekhyun returned to his table with all of his friends who wondered about where he has been for the first half of lunch. He continued to talk to them about the most random things they would usually talk about in a conversation.

Jongin wakes up from his nap a few minutes after Baekhyun returns. He finds them all doing what they usually do, he looks to turns to his side to also see the queenkas doing the usual things.

He was about to continue his nap until he saw Taeyeon motion him to go there. He raised his eyebrows, questioning why. But once he saw Krystal sitting on their table, he just shrugged it off and sat on their table, in between Taeyeon and Krystal.

"Hey Krystal," Jongin greets her really casually, but she doesn't know him so she bows her head.

"Oh, I thought you two met already," Taeyeon says, "Anyways Krystal, this is Jongin."

Krystal shyly greets him. That's when she starts wondering how there are so many good-looking guys here. What kind of school is this?

"So Krystal," one of the girls starts to say, but she can't remember who's who. "How long have you been here in Korea so far?" she believes her name is Yoona.

"I came here on Saturday afternoon" she tells them and they all looked shocked. "What?" she questions.

"Have you been here before?" another one adds, maybe her name was Soo Young.

"Um, my mom told me that I've been here before, but I just can't remember."

"Wah daebak," Yoona says, "Hey guys, we should give her a tour!"

"How about after school?" Tiffany suggests.

"Call," a few say.

"Um, I don't have a ride home," Krystal excuses.

Tiffany pats her back, "That's alright, we can drop you home."

"Really?"

"Of course," she says happily, "Anything for our new friend."

"Then I'd love to have a tour—" Krystal says, but gets interrupted when someone suddenly joins their table.

"Yah Oh Sehun," Yoona complains since he interrupted their conversation. He puts on his usual poker face and starts talking.

"Sorry, our teacher just requested to see Krystal."

"Oh," Taeyeon says, "We'll see you later Krystal." Krystal excuses herself and follows Sehun to their classroom.

"Why does he want to see me?" Krystal asks as they walk through the hallways.

Sehun ignores her and looks for a vacant hallway because he had a feeling he would be ranting to her sooner or later. He makes random turns to hallways Krystal never knew existed.

"I think we just passed by the class," Krystal mumbles. Soon enough, she finds herself in an empty corridor.

"Listen," Sehun takes a deep breath. "No matter what you do, don't make the others know that we live in the same house or know each other at all. That little tour you're going on, forget about it."

Krystal creases her eyebrows when he brings up that topic, "Were you eavesdropping?"

Sehun ignores her again, "I'm serious this time. You don't understand how badly everyone misunderstands things. If you want to go on a tour so badly, my mom would be happy to take you. So please, if it involves showing just the little bits of information, avoid it."

"What's wrong with that? Others will know sooner or later," she defends.

"I don't want anyone to know I'm related to you in anyway."

"Related?" she raises her tone, "We're not even related at all!"

"That's not the point. As of right now, you may or may be not be leaded to the danger zone," Sehun says.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Sehun sighs, "Don't trust everyone just yet."

-

Krystal goes back to the cafeteria to tell them that she can't make it to the tour they planned to go ti after school, but to her surprise, they weren't there. She goes straight to Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun," she breathes, "have you seen where they all went." She asked, referring to the queenkas.

"Not sure, they usually go missing around this time. They are fourth-years after all."

"Oh they said they had to go to a meeting for some club," Jongin tells her.

"Ah, okay. Thank you Jongin," she smiles and they motioned her to sit on their table. From there, she sees Sehun blink twice at her then frown. She forgot, she's not supposed to be with his friends. Great.

"Hm, I think I'll go to my locker," she tries to excuse herself, "my bag is feeling a little heavy."

She was actually telling the truth. Her back was killing her. Baekhyun stands up, "I'll go with you."

Jongin takes a step forward, "Me too."

Krystal shakes her hands in front of her, "No guys, it's alright."

"Are you sure?" Jongin asks.

"It's just my locker. There's nothing dangerous about that."

"Right," Baekhyun says, "but hurry up, the bell is going to ring soon."

Krystal nods and walks away, leaving them. Sehun frowned to himself when he saw her leaving. It's all because of him.

When she finds her locker, she takes out the key from her bag. What she didn't expect to find a pile of notes inside. By first glance at some of them, they were silly love notes.

She takes out a few books that she probably won't need for her next class. And if anything, she can always come back and retrieve it.

She decided to keep the little notes since she's never felt this special before. She has always been considered as a commoner in her old school. But as she tried organizing them so she can insert it into her bag, she finds one particular note that stood out more than the others.

It was all in a similar type of paper but this caught her attention. She picked it up and read it.

Get ready for the worst.

- - - - -