[03] MY BURDEN

MY BURDEN • EXO SEHUN - F(X) KRYSTAL FAN FICTION

Chapter 03
"First Day"

- - - - -

"Soo Jungie," she heard her name, but she ignored it.

"Soo Jungie, it's time to wake up. You don't want to be late on your first day of school, right?"

When she realized who it was, she quickly sat up. "Sorry eomonim, I'll get ready now."

"It's fine dear. I'll be downstairs preparing breakfast, don't take to long," she smiled and walked out of the room. Krystal rushed up and went straight to the shower.

Today was the day. Her first day of high school in Korea. She had to admit, she was excited, but also nervous. She quickly got into her uniform, with her usual natural-looking makeup and walked out.

When she reached the last step of the staircase, she got startled when she heard a loud gasp. She saw Sehun's mother with her amazed face.

"You look adorable!" she cheers and faces Sehun who was eating his breakfast, "Doesn't she?"

Sehun ignored his mother and continued, "I'm trying to eat here."

"Ah yes, you need to eat too," his mother said and dragged her to sit next to Sehun.

Krystal just ignored the person next to her and started eating. Sehun also did the same. Soon they get startled when they hear the shutter of a camera.

"Great! I got a picture," his mother happily dances. 

Sehun glared at his mother, "Eomma!"

"What?" she acts innocent.

"Never mind, I'm going to school now." he says and grabs his car keys. But his mother stops him when he's halfway out the door.

"Yah! Soo Jungie is going with you."

"Tell her to take the bus," he says in an irritated voice.

"I'm your mother, I tell you what to do," she scolds him. Sehun just bursts out the door and waits for her in her his car.

Krystal almost heard everything, so she ate her meal quickly and grabbed her school bag. Sehun's mother guided her to the car.

Krystal got inside and his mother bent down to their level, "Sehun, you better help her find her classes." Sehun just rolled his eyes and drove away.

When they were near the school, she saw many students walking with their friends. She got a little scared. What if she doesn't find friends?

Sehun saw her gaze and thought of an idea. He drove into a small alley that wasn't so far.

"You see those people?" he asks, referring to the students who were walking and she nodded. "Just follow them," he says, gesturing her to get out of the car.

"Why?" she asks, a little irritated.

"I have a reputation," he says, "What do you think everyone will think if you get out of the same car as me?"

Krystal expected something like that. Without words, she just leaves the vehicle, throwing on her backpack, and slamming the door.

Sehun just watches her walk past the car and follow the other students, alone. He let his anger get to the best of him, now he even hates himself.

-

Krystal walks through the school gates. She sees people with their friends, playing and laughing. She didn't want to feel envious, so she just continued to look for the school's main office for her schedule.

She eventually finds it and enters, receiving a greeting from a lady at the front desk, "Hello miss, how may I help you?"

"I'm a new student—" she spoke was but was cut off instantly.

"Ah, yes! Yes! Miss Jung? Follow me," she brought her to another office, where the principal, Mr. Lee welcomed her.

"Miss Jung, welcome! It's not everyday my school gets students from America," he said and smiled, showing a few wrinkles. "Let's start with the basics, your schedule. You are in class 2-2. And your teacher will help you with from there."

After he says that, a knock on the door gets their attention. "Come in," Mr. Lee says. A man in casual, yet formal clothes enters and bows.

"Miss Jung," the principal says. "This is your homeroom teacher, Mr. Ahn."

Mr. Ahn approaches Krystal, "It's a pleasure to have you in my class." He glances at his wrist watch, "We should get going before the bell—" he was interrupted by the loud ringing of the class bell.

"Yup, you should really get going Mr. Ahn," the principal says before looking towards Krystal, "Have fun on your first day Miss Jung."

-

"Hey Sehun!" he heard when he stepped out of his car. He turns around to find Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Minseok.

Sehun joins them as they walk into the school. Groups of girls and a few boys crowd them as they passed by. But of course, they ignored it all since they were used to this.

"Sehun," he was approached by Chanyeol, "Where's Krystal?"

"Who?" he asked and thought for a while, "Oh, you mean Soo Jung?"

Chanyeol nods, "She's probably somewhere in the school."

Chanyeol eyes him with a worried look, "It's her first day, how will she find her class?"

"Who are you talking about?" Baekhyun butts in and walks in between them. But before any of them can reply, they find Jongin and Jongdae running towards their direction.

"Did you guys see the new student?!" they ask in sync.

"New student?" this time, it was Baekhyun's and Minseok's turn to ask in sync.

"She's from America and really pretty. She has all the qualities I look for in a girlfriend," Jongin says in his usual over confident expression.

"Yah, I thought you were helping me. Who said you can date her?" Jongdae starts.

"We can do that next time. This girl is amazing and I don't think you two would match," Jongin says.

Jongdae creases his eyebrows, "What's that supposed to mean?"

From there, the two boys start bickering, explaining who would match her better. Sehun silently chuckles at them. Why would they drool over her? She's nothing but a devil in his eyes.

After some time, Chanyeol finally figures it out. "Oh, they're talking about Krystal!"

"No, duh," Sehun shows off his bratty side.

At the same time, Jongin and Jongdae face towards Chanyeol instantly, "You know her?"

"Yeah, we met just yesterday when she was buying uniform with—" he was stopped when Sehun placed his hand over his mouth.

"With a few familiar people," he continued.

"What—" Jongdae tries to ask but gets responded by the bell. That was the first time Sehun was glad class was starting.

"See you later guys, gonna be late," Sehun runs away from the scene and pulls Chanyeol with him.

Jongin and Baekhyun then follows behind, "Yah, we're in the same class! Wait for me!"

When they reach their class, as usual, everyone takes a moment to appreciate their presence. Then they all sat down accordingly. And when their teacher walks in, they immediately settle down.

"Good morning class," Mr. Ahn says in his usual cool, but strict tone.

"Good morning Mr. Ahn," everyone sluggishly says. It was a Monday morning after all.

"Today, we have a new student joining us," he says and murmurs start to take over. He can already hear Jongin commanding all the other boys to back off.

Mr. Ahn sighs as his class continues to talk, but he continues anyway, "She is from America and I'm asking all of you to show her great respect and a kind welcome to this class."

"Yes sir!" they respond.

Mr. Ahn nods his head in approval, "Well then, Miss Jung please come in."

There was nothing but complete silence heard. Krystal walks in and the teacher motions her to go to the front.

"Please introduce yourself."

She bows, "Hello everyone, my name is Soo Jung, but you can also call me Krystal. It's a pleasure to meet you all."

After she introduces herself, she gets a loud response of applauds and cheers. She heard side comments, asking if she was a model, idol, or just a wannabe.

"Well then," the teacher, Mr. Ahn settles everyone down. "Miss Jung, we don't have any other available seats besides the ones in the back."

"It's fine," she says and walks to the last remaining seat in the class. She joined them in their usual lesson and tried to adjust to it. As she finally understood, the class ended.

"You are all dismissed," Mr. Ahn announces and the students went out for their break. "But Soo Jung," he calls her to him. She walked forward to his desk and was given a little handbook and a handout.

"Use this handbook if you still need to catch up on what we're learning. And for this handout," he says and points to a certain area on the paper. "Here is you locker number and key, use it well."

She felt great, everything got into its place easily. She thanked him and left the class to find her locker.

-

Sehun left the class alone, headed towards the restroom. Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Jongin wanted to stay in the class. He thought it would have to deal with Krystal, so he left.

As he walks in, he passes buy two other students who were in a different class. They smiled at him, since he was popular and he walked into a stall.

"But hey, that American chick is really pretty," he heard one of them whisper.

"I know, but if she gets too popular, I can tell the queenkas will do something about it," the other replies.

"Eh? I heard they're already doing something about it," he responds and Sehun felt his heart race a little.

"Really?"

"Yeah, it might happen in lunch."

"Dude, what if it's happening right now?" he starts to panic. "Let's go!" he says and Sehun hears their footsteps leave the restroom.

Sehun finishes his duty and rushes out of the restroom. What if something was happening right now? Of course he was still a little mad at her, but he can't help but get worried.

He speed walks to the class and gets worried when he doesn't find her in the room. He goes over to Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Jongin who were casually having a conversation.

"Guys, have you seen Soo Jung?"

Jongin sits up to talk to Sehun, "She just walked out."

Sehun speeds out after hearing his response. He wanders around until he finds the two guys from the restroom. They were leaning on the wall and Sehun walked slower to eavesdrop on their conversation.

One of them mumbled in annoyance, "I told you it was going to be in lunch. There wouldn't be enough time to do it right now."

Sehun sighs quietly. "Yeah, you're right," the other student responds. He walks passed them and there he found Krystal. He was relieved she was alone at her new locker.

But he realized, her locker is the right next to the queenka's.

-

Krystal continued onto her next class as usual, with a different teacher and a different seating arrangement. She was glad she didn't have to introduce herself to the class, just the teacher. But sadly, she was still stuck in the back.

"Hello," she heard someone from her side whisper. She turns her head to see a cheeky, young man. "Hi, I'm Baekhyun. I was put in the back because I talk too much, so if I bother you just tell me."

She introduced herself as well, "I'm Soo Jung, or Krystal. And sure," she smiled.

She finally made one decent friend, but she preferred someone who was the same gender. Baekhyun helped her with the lesson for a bit and soon, the bell rang.

"Yay, it's finally lunch!" Baekhyun cheers.

"Come on, let's eat," he says and pulls Krystal out of the class.

-

Sehun wakes up when he feels his arm being constantly poked. He looks up to see Chanyeol and Jongin, who also looked sleepy. Yes, they all slept in class.

"Yah, let's go. I'm hungry," Jongin sulks.

"Me too," Chanyeol joins in. Sehun nods and they walk together to the cafeteria.

The walk felt empty, like something was missing. And he figured it out, "Hey, where's Baekhyun?" he asked.

The two shrugged, "I don't know."

Sehun just left it and forgot about it. They entered the cafeteria sluggishly, lined up for their lunch and sat on their table.

He observed the cafeteria and that's when he bursted awake. He saw Krystal eating with Baekhyun. And worst of all, he saw the queenkas approaching them.

- - - - -