[01] MY BURDEN

MY BURDEN • EXO SEHUN - F(X) KRYSTAL FAN FICTION

Chapter 01 
"Welcome Back"

- - - - -

"Finally home," Sehun sighs as he throws his car keys on his nightstand and jumps on his bed. After a stressful week in school, he was really glad it was Friday.

Just when he was about to take a nap, his mother bursted into the room with a smile on her face. "Sehun!"

Sehun flinched at his mother's sudden outburst, "what?"

"Get up, you're moving into your brother's room," his mother shakes him.

"But hyung is still in Japan with his girlfriend," Sehun blinked at his mother, "why do I need to go there?"

"Because someone is going to stay here for a while," his mother informs him.

"Huh?"

"Do you remember Soo Jung?" his mother asks and Sehun looks up, "she's finishing high school here!"

"W-what?"

"Aren't you happy? Ah, I remember when you two were inseparable in elementary school," she makes a longing sigh as she remembers the past.

"I guess I'm happy, but why does she have to move into my room? Why not hyung's room? Does hyung even know about this?"

"Of course he knows, and he was the one who told me to give her your room," Sehun frowns at his mother and mentally punches his older brother.

"Aish, this is unbelievable," Sehun said and storms out of his room.

"Yah! Help me move your things!" his mother chases after him.

-

"Eomma, do I really have to graduate in Korea? Why can't I just finish school here?" Krystal, or Soo Jung complains to her mother. In America, she is known as Krystal, but in Korea, she becomes Soo Jung.

"Stop whining," she lightly smacks Krystal's arm, "your sister graduated in Korea, so you will too."

"Aish, this is so unfair. Why do I have to follow everything she does?" she asks before they reach the airport, "I don't even know anyone."

Her mother glances at her daughter, "Soo Jung-ah, your father and I will be going on business trips, your sister is still in college. Who do you think will watch you while we're all gone?"

"Uh..."

"My friend from high school will let you live with her and her family." she glances at her daughter again, "her son will introduce you to some friends. Do you remember Sehun?"

Krystal thinks for a while since that name did seem quite familiar. She responds by shaking her head. "Who's that?"

Her mother looks at her with frustration, "I've told you everything about him already, I'm not going to repeat myself."

Krystal shrugs her shoulders, "I just don't remember him," she says and steps out of the car when she realizes they've arrived.

"This is going to be difficult," her mother mutters to herself and gets off the car as well. "Perhaps do you remember his mother's face?" she asked.

Krystal shrugs again and her mother sighs. "Here," her mother says and gives her a little strip of paper with a few digits, "Just call that number when you reach the airport."

Krystal nods and grabs her vintage backpack and throws it onto her shoulder. Her driver takes out Krystal's huge luggage from the back. She bows as thanks and turns to her mother.

"Stay safe darling," her mother hugs her, giving a little peck on her cheek. "Don't forget to give them the gifts I packed." Krystal hums in response and makes her way to the entrance of the airport while her mother watches her from a distance.

"Wait!" she hears a familiar voice calling from behind, she turns around to see her sister, Jessica or Soo Yeon who has already brought her into a tight embrace.

"Have fun," Jessica says into her hair.

"Of course."

When they break their hug, Krystal waves to her mother and sister before walking in.

Now, Krystal has a long flight ahead of her.

-

"What the heck," Sehun says in disgust when he passes by his room and sees his mother inside. She decorated the room to fit the style of a teenaged girl.

"What did you do to my room?" Sehun complains and eyes every corner of his room, "it looks like a bunch of flamingos gave birth in here."

"I think it looks adorable," his mother says in awe.

"Seriously?" he looks his mother intensely.

"What?" she asks and finds her son's intense glare. "I've always wanted a daughter, okay?"

"Tch, so you kicked your own son out of his room because of that?"

"Yes," she admits happily.

"But, um, when is she coming here?" Sehun asked, trying not to show one bit of consideration.

"I'm picking her up tomorrow afternoon," she says and walks out of the room to get a glass of water.

Sehun stays in the room and looks around. She'll fall in love with this room.

He walks out of the room and goes to his room in which he now shares with his brother. "At least I can sleep now," he says to himself and jumps on the bed and takes a nap.

-

Walking out of the airport, she doesn't know where to go. She decided to just stay and call the number her mother gave her.

"Yeoboseyo?" she heard an answer.

"Um, h-hello," she stutters.

"Soo Jungie?" she gets flustered when she heard her name.

"Uh, yes," she responds nervously.

"I'm sorry dear, just wait a few minutes. I'm on my way there."

"Y-yes," she responds before she ends the call. She doesn't know who she just called, but she had a feeling it was her mother's friend. She leans on her luggage and waits.

"Soo Jungie!" she hears someone calling her, so she turns her head to find a familiar woman who looked exactly like the picture her mother had showed her.

"Uh, hello," she says nervously and Sehun's mother creases her forehead.

"You don't remember me?" she asks and Krystal slowly shakes her head. "well, I can't blame you since it's been so long. And your condition, so just call me eomonim, I'm your mother's friend."

She grabs Krystal's luggage and rolls it to the back of her car. Krystal follows her to help her carry it since her mother packed so many things for them.

"Okay, one, two, three!" they counted before carrying the heavy luggage into the trunk, soon ending with laughter.

-

Sehun paces back and forth while waiting for his mother to come back home. It seemed crazy since he was actually nervous she was coming back.

On his usual Saturday afternoons, he'd be playing games on his computer, or hanging out with friends. But today, was absolutely intense for him.

He runs to Soo Jung's room to make sure everything is in place and perfect. He stops by a mirror and fixes his hair once again. He was really confused as to why he was acting like this, but kept shrugging it off as he continued to pace back and forth again. He felt his nervousness come back when he heard his mother's car outside.

-

"Soo Jung-ah, just wait for a while. I will tell Sehunnie to bring your things up to your room." his mother says.

Krystal looks at her with a little crease on her forehead. "Who is Sehun?"

His mother gasps a bit, but she wasn't shocked because of Krystal's condition and it's been so long after they've seen each other.

"You are Sehun's first friend, Sehun is your first friend." she continues.

"Really?" Krystal asks with a lot of curiosity and she just nods.

"But don't feel bad dear. It's been how many years already," her mother sighs. She was hoping to see her son reunite with his childhood friend. Krystal's mother was right, this is going to be difficult.

"I'm sure I'll remember some day," Krystal tries to give a little encouragement and his mother smiles. The two leave the car when they've arrived home. Krystal just trails behind her as she goes through the front door.

Sehun waits inside the living room, pretending to watch television when his mother walks through the door.

"Sehun!" she calls from the front door.

Sehun stands up quickly, hoping to see his friend at the door. "What?" he asks, trying to looked disturbed.

"Can you carry this luggage into Soo Jungie's room?" his mother tells him. He looks at his mother and finds a figure peeking behind her.

"An-annyeonghaseyo," Krystal says shyly.

"Ah, Soo Jungie," his mother brings her in front of him. "This is my son, Sehun."

Sehun makes a frown, questioning why his mother would have to introduce him to her. They already know each other!

When Krystal finds Sehun's frown, she gets quite scared, having a feeling that she was unwanted. She lowered her head and focused on her feet, "Uh, nice to meet you."

"I'll go get her bag," Sehun says, ignoring Krystal's unnecessary greeting. He storms out of the house and gets her huge luggage out of the house. He had to admit, it was extremely heavy, but he kept his mouth shut for the sake if his manly pride. He quickens the pace of his feet when he finds himself losing energy.

He brought it to the two ladies who were seated in the living room. His mother finds him and walks over to take the luggage. "I'll help organize," his mother says.

"Oh, it's fine eomonim, these are all from my mom," Krystal says and takes her luggage, opening it, revealing various souvenirs from her mother.

The mother and son look at the luggage. Sehun's eyes lighting up as he sees different types of goods in there, "wow."

"So if this is in here, where are all your belongings?" his mother asks her.

"They're in my bag," she says and opens her back pack, showing a few sets of clothing and a small supply of beauty products. "My mother said I can just buy more clothes if I run out. She said she'll send you money by next week."

"Ah, of course. Aigoo, your mother always plans ahead." she said and Krystal chuckles. "I'll start making dinner. Sehun, bring her to her room." his mother smirks at him and he glares at her.

He scoffs at her, "follow me." He says and leads her up the stairs. Krystal quietly trails behind him since he looked irritated.

As they reach Sehun's old room, he leans on the wall in the hallway. "There's your room," he says in a cold voice.

"Um, thanks." she mutters before walking in and changes her mood almost instantly. "Daebak," she says and walks around the cutely decorated room.

Sehun stands by the door and watches her admire his room. "Hey, don't you know whose room this belongs to?"

"M-me?"

"Well, for now it is. But this is still my room, so don't ruin it," he couldn't believe he was being harsh to her. He was just upset. This Soo Jung isn't like the old Soo Jung. She didn't even recognize him!

Krystal hears his cold words and she turns to him, having eye contact.

"What?" he says as he raises his voice.

"Eomonim said that we were friends when we were younger, but I don't understand why I would be friends with a jerk like you." she said and that made him even more mad.

"Me? A jerk? What about you? You don't even remember who I am!"

"How is that my fault? It's been how many years! It's not like I can remember everything," she yells back.

"It is your fault for being forgetful, you idiot."

Krystal rolls her eyes and turns around, making her back face him. She continues to admire the room and glances out her door.

"What do you you want to say now?" Sehun says in an annoyed tone as her eyes met his.

"Can you leave now?" she asked, wanting privacy.

"Leave? I live here, idiot." he tells her off.

Krystal turns around to completely face him and walks towards the door, "I'm not an idiot. What I meant to say was, get out of my sight." she said and shut the door in front of him, but not strong enough to cause a disturbance.

Sehun stares blankly at the door that had been shut right in front if him. The old Soo Jung is completely missing. His childhood friend is missing and that's when he lost hope in finding her.

- - - - -