[02] MY BURDEN

MY BURDEN • EXO SEHUN - F(X) KRYSTAL FAN FICTION

Chapter 02
"Uniform"

- - - - -

Sehun's mother hid around the corner as she heard the two teens argue. She slightly jumped when she heard the door close fiercely. It's been only an hour since Krystal arrived, but they already got into an argument.

Quickly, she took another peek at the scene and she found her son, Sehun staring at the door then releasing a sigh. He turned around and went into his room.

After a few seconds, his mother walked down the stairs and into the living room. She had to think of a way for them to get along.

-

After a long night, Sehun lazily gets up because of a slight vibration on his stomach. He was hungry.

It was nearly six o'clock on a Sunday morning, so it was clearly impossible for the others to be awake. He collides his feet into his slippers and walks to the door. He slightly jumps when he finds his mother in the kitchen.

"Why are you up so early?" he asks with a little hazy voice.

"Because I have work today, what else?" his mother glances at the entrance. "Oh, and cancel whatever you're doing today."

"Why?" he raises his voice a little.

"I was supposed to do some errands today, but the store is so busy these days. So you have to do them," she explains and Sehun complains throughout her entire speech. "Yah, all you have to do is get Soo Jung's uniform."

"Eh? She's coming?" she nods, "I don't want to."

"Sehunnie, just this once. I'm really busy," his mother begs, and he has no choice but to say yes.

"Great!" she cheers and runs to her purse on the counter. She takes out her credit card and hands it to him. "Here, you should know where to buy the school uniform, right?"

"Yeah, yeah," he says carelessly as he takes accepts it.

"If Soo Jung gets hungry, buy some snacks if you have time. But don't spend too much."

"I know, I know," he repeats.

"Okay, I'll wake up Soo Jungie. You go and get ready, you look disgusting."

-

After a few minutes of getting ready, Krystal walks out of the room in a casual outfit and wet hair. She walks downstairs where Sehun and his mother were waiting.

"Good morning dear," his mother greets.

"Morning," she says as she gets off the last step of the stairs.

"I already explained everything earlier, so just don't get into trouble you two," she says and the two teens nod. "Alright, I'll be back later," she hugs them both separately and walks out to her car. She secretly smirks as she drives away from her house.

Krystal waited in silence until Sehun spoke up. "Let's go," he muttered and walked ahead. Krystal followed behind him and entered the passenger side of his car.

Their car ride was awkward and silent. The only sound heard was the radio, playing the top hits.

When they arrived at the shop. Sehun left the car right away, leaving Krystal behind. She wanted to yell at him so badly, but it would be more peaceful if they don't talk at all.

Sehun continued ahead and walked into the shop. Not even waiting for her, the door immediately closes on Krystal and she angrily mumbles to herself, "What a gentleman."

Krystal trails behind him as he guides the way to the destination. When he finally stopped, she had a chance to look at the uniform. It was cute, like how she's seen in dramas.

Her school in America didn't require uniforms, but this isn't so bad. She doesn't have to worry about what outfit she'll wear for the next day.

Sehun watches her from the side as she stared at the uniform. "I think that's the right size for you," he says and looks around for someone who can assist the two.

"Excuse me, can she try that on?" he asks a worker and she politely nods. The worker gets her the set in the exact size and gives it to Krystal.

"Our fitting rooms are to the right," she told Krystal and guided her. Sehun also followed and sat on a sofa as he waited for her to finish changing.

"Hey Sehun!" he heard someone call out. He looks to his side and saw one of his closest friends, Park Chanyeol. He stood up as his friend came nearer.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Sehun asks.

Chanyeol shrugs his shoulders, "My mom told me to get a new set of uniform." He examines his friend for a while, "what about you?"

Sehun glances here and there trying to think of a reason, but at that moment, Krystal walks out of the fitting room in the uniform. "Does this look okay?"

The employee nodded her head from a distance, "It fits perfectly!"

Sehun didn't know what to say, but he just went with simple words, "It looks fine." He then turned back to his friend, seeing his eyes attached to Krystal.

"Yah, who's that?" Chanyeol poked Sehun.

"Oh, her?" he thought for a while. "Just a family friend from America." Chanyeol's mouth formed the O shape and he nodded his head in response.

"So she's going to our school?"

Sehun releases a sigh, "I guess so."

"Yah, you make it sound like a bad thing," he glared at him then turned to the unfamiliar person. "Hey, I'm Chanyeol," he said softly, making his usual wide smile and extending out his arm for a handshake.

Krystal shyly smiles, "It's nice to meet you, Chanyeol," she took his hand, "You can either call me Krystal or Soo Jung. I'm fine with any."

"I'll see what I'll be more comfortable with," he lightly chuckles and examines her outfit. "You really match our uniform."

"Th-thanks," she lightly blushes.

"No problem," he says naturally then faces takes a step back so he can face both of them. "I guess I should get going. See you two at school."

He gives Sehun the typical bro hug and leaves, waving to Krystal as he passes the door.

After a few seconds, Sehun's face becomes somewhat serious. "Hurry and change. I want to go home." Krystal glares at him and walks into the fitting room. Changing quickly, they pay for it and leave as well.

Their car ride home was complete silence this time.  But it wasn't so silent for Krystal. She's been peeking out her window for the entire time, looking like a little kid going to an amusement park for the first time. Sehun was secretly giggling, but he had to keep a boundary between them.

"Just to make things clear," Sehun spoke, "Chanyeol is one of my closest friends, don't walk around saying he's your friend. I have my friends, you can find yours."

Krystal creased her eyebrows a bit then turned back to the window, ignoring him. Of course she'll find friends! If she hung out with Chanyeol, that meant she would have to hang out with him too.

Sehun relaxed a bit, maybe he was setting the boundary too much. He wants to set a nice boundary, not a harsh one that has her up to the point where she hates him. He still wanted his old friend back.

"Hey," he said, trying to be more gentle. Krystal turned around again. "Are you hungry?"

"A little," she replied quietly.

He drove her to a simple bakery he thought she'd show a little appreciation in. But of course he knew she'd show appreciation, their bread tastes amazing.

Krystal waited in the car while Sehun went on the run to buy some snacks. He picked out the finest delights they had and paid. He quickly ran to a cafe for his favorite drink, which was also her favorite.

When he returned, Krystal was amazed to find how much he got. He figured that he had to impress her with snacks to make her hate him less.

Krystal was more than happy, but she was a little freaked out. He knew she loves bread. And this random smoothy-shake drink.

"What's this?" she asked him, referring to the drink.

It took him a while to process. How can she forget what bubble tea is? That's all they wanted when they were little. "It's called bubble tea."

Krystal drinks it freely and a little memory strikes to her head, but she can't figure out what it is. She's begins to have one of those headaches again.

"Soo Jung, are you okay?" he asks her when he finds her eyes shut tightly.

"Uh, y-yeah," she tries to say, "Can we just go home now?"

Sehun accepts with a worried face. Something was wrong and he was curious.

- - - - -