with a coffee break

Moments

“I get it mom! …Quit worrying! I get it, I get it! Hey—I… Okay. Yes. It’ll be fine! Bye.”

 

Minhyuk peers over the interior balcony on the second floor down to the main lobby of the building. He watches the never-seen-before man glare at his phone and walk towards the staircase, where he meets with Minhyuk’s friend (better known as the head of the market development department), Eunkwang. A low chuckle leaves Minhyuk’s lips and he walks off.

 

 

 

“Everyone! We have a new member today. Treat him well, alright?”

 

“Yes, Eunkwang,” the staff in the room say in unison.

 

“My name is Jung Ilhoon,” the new face introduces himself with a bow. Minhyuk looks up from his laptop, staring intently at Ilhoon. Ilhoon catches his gaze but looks away quickly, and Eunkwang walks him to his desk.

 

It’s in front of Minhyuk’s.

 

“Our Minhyuk here is very kind and helpful, please take advantage of him well,” Eunkwang says, half-joking. Minhyuk giggles, shaking his head. He waves at Ilhoon, who bows his head slightly back. Minhyuk pulls his sleeve up, checking the time.

 

“Oh, it’s time for my break though?” he announces casually. Minhyuk stands up, staring at Ilhoon. “Want to join me for coffee?”

 

“Ah, he just got here…And didn’t you just have one earlier?” Eunkwang frowns. “…But, go ahead, go ahead.”

 

Minhyuk’s smile is warm and friendly and Ilhoon can’t help but notice the one mole under his lips and the way they curve up so sweetly. He just can’t say no to a face like that.

 

 

 

“Are you gonna be fine?” Minhyuk asks on the way. Ilhoon raises an eyebrow, confused. The older male laughs. “You should call your mom, she’s probably still worrying.”

 

Ilhoon realizes. He lowers his head, cringing and cursing under his breath. “Was I that loud?”

 

“I don’t know, maybe I just have good ears?” Minhyuk replies with a shrug. He tugs gently at his two ears, another toothy smile forming on his face. Ilhoon cracks a smile at that.

 

“I’m seeing my mom tonight so it’ll be fine,” Ilhoon says.

 

“Hm, alright. Well, got any questions about the office?”

 

Ilhoon thinks about it, but he has no questions. Well, he has no questions about the office; his mind is filled with questions about Minhyuk instead. He shakes his head.

 

“Hm, well I don’t feel like working… so wanna tour the whole place?” Minhyuk offers, again with his dazzling smile.

 

“I’d love to,” replies Ilhoon. His heart does a flip and he realizes that he probably won’t be fine working here.