with a kiss on the cheek

Moments

Sungjae leans back in his chair, closing his eyes and patting his stomach in content. On the other side of the table littered with empty dishes is Sanghyuk, who is emptying his wallet out for money. He counts his bills and coins and tilts his head to the side.

 

“Huh, I’m short 3000 Won,” he notes. Sungjae’s eyes flicker open.

 

“You really !” Sungjae exclaims, frowning at his best friend. Sanghyuk pouts, stacking his coins into a single pile.

 

“I’ll pay you back later! It’s just 3000!”

 

“Ah, seriously, what would you do without me?” questions Sungjae, pulling a few more bills from his wallet and throwing them at Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk’s face brightens and he laughs, collecting all the money from the table. He walks off to pay at the register while Sungjae gathers their belongings.

 

“I forgot my bus card today, can you swipe for me?” ask Sanghyuk as he approaches his friend again. Sungjae throws his head back, groaning and knitting his eyebrows together, two fingers pinching the bridge of his nose, feigning stress from Sanghyuk’s forgetfulness.

 

“So useless,” comments Sungjae with a sigh. He turns and begins walking towards the bus stop without Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk catches up quickly, linking an arm with Sungjae’s.

 

“You love me,” Sanghyuk says. Sungjae blinks, surprised at how close Sanghyuk is to him and how warm he feels. He can only stare, as his words become stuck at his throat. Sanghyuk’s smile grows even bigger and he leans in closer, pecking Sungjae on the cheek. Sungjae barely recovers.

 

“Ew!” he laughs it off, wiping at his cheek in disgust. Sanghyuk’s arm slips away from Sungjae’s, and he only stares at him with a slight smile. It makes Sungjae’s cheeks heat up even more. “…It’s h-hot out here, isn’t it?”

 

A small chuckle escapes Sanghyuk’s lips, and he finally turns his head back front. There seems to be something else on his mind. On the other hand, Sungjae is trying to keep his mental breakdown internal. He fans at his face silently.

 

They are both quiet for the rest of the walk (which is not long). At the bus stop, Sanghyuk breaks the silence. “Actually, I just remembered that Hakyeon is going to pick me up at that corner.”

 

Sungjae presses his lips together in a fine line. He swallows the desperate words that ask Sanghyuk to stay, to talk to him some more, to kiss him again.

 

“Bye!” says Sanghyuk.

 

“Yeah… see you,” Sungjae responds, still slightly dazed.

 

Before he runs off, Sanghyuk pokes at Sungjae’s belly teasingly.

 

“Hey, you really do love me.”


a/n: -EYES EMOJI-