001 Childhood Sweethearts

Part One: Fluff Enlightenment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]001 Childhood Sweethearts[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Xiuchen[/CONTENTID2]

 

            [CONTENTID3]

Jongdae grew up in the hustling, bustling city of Seoul in a decent sized house and two older brothers (who constantly barged in on his personal life without remorse). He didn’t have to hide anything, so he did not mind it when their eccentric selves would pester him.

The neighborhood was definitely a better part of town, and he knew all the kids on the block. One of the kids he was best friends with, lived two houses down off to the right, and it had gotten to the point of their friendship where he would just walk right into the Kim’s residence without knocking.

It was not a rare occurrence to find Jongdae at Minseok’s house and vice versa at random times of the day when school was out. The pair always made time for each other, coveting little areas as their hang out places.

They had gone through the phase together when girls had cooties and refused to associate themselves with the opposite . That phase lasted a couple years until they learned that girls did not have cooties from school.

Middle and high school was a rocky area with their friendship because they learned that they had big differences of what they liked to do in their spare times. There were times they had gotten into a physical fight that suspended them from school for five days.

Their parents were surprised when the phone call from the principal’s office, explaining what happened. Immediately when their parents picked them up, they had demanded an explanation of what happened from their mouths. Again, a screaming match ensued before fists were flying yet again.

            Jongdae did not understand the beastly anger and jealousy that clutched to his heart with a strong grip. He didn’t like how Minseok would taunt him until he was almost crying, the sneer striking him deep. The older knew what Jongdae went through with the littlest of criticism shot at him.

He didn’t speak a single word to his parents on the ride home, bloodied lips trembling and eyes welling up with angry, confused tears. The relief he felt when the car finally stopped was immense, a breath of exhaustion leaving him like a tidal wave.

Jongdae was not expecting his brothers, Yifan and Luhan, to be home. They checked over Jongdae critically, tallying the bloodied lip, black eye, bruised cheek, and his sore, bruised stomach.

“Hyungs, please don’t do anything.” He pleaded them, clearly in distress. Even if he and Minseok didn’t get along, he didn’t like the idea of someone hurting him. That confused him even more.

Why would he want to protect Minseok when the guy just fought him over a girl and verbally stabbed him in the heart

            “That stupid, ungrateful brat better be glad he’s underage.” Yifan snarled out lowly to Luhan, who was just as grim.

            “Honey, take these ibuprofen for the pain, and this ice pack for your eye.” His mother handed him everything before shutting his bedroom door, ushering out the older boys.

Jongdae didn’t bother with the lock because Luhan would break it regardless (learned that when he was fourteen).

He set his bag down by his desk, took the medicine, and settled down in his bed without taking off his clothes or shoes. His pillow dried his eyes, dry sobs causing his slender frame to jerk.

It was a long time before he was wheezing for breath, throat feeling like there was a ball in it, cutting off his breath. He had to calm himself down, even if the clawing of desperation tried to keep him in the swirling gust of rage.

 

 

 

            Senior year of high school was when Jongdae realized he was not interested in girls or women. He found himself staring at other guys from the same year group, eyes lingering on their biceps and thighs, even getting a sneak peak at some toned tummies.

He was in the choir for his extracurricular activity required for school, not really having an interest because he felt like he couldn’t sing well. The teacher was surprised when he managed to hold a note and keep up with the other teens who’d been singing since they were born.

Jongdae and Minseok had somewhat mended their friendship, yet neither visited at each other’s houses, texted, or hung out in the same group in and out of school. It was more of the awkward friendly ‘hello’s in the hallways and somewhat acknowledgement during the lunch period if they caught each other’s eyes.

He was a little shocked at himself when he didn’t get angry when seeing Minseok’s arm over a girl’s shoulders. It was a mellowing feeling that Minseok would probably be the straightest of arrows.

Jongdae only sighed then payed attention to the class, one hand propping up his jaw, the other scribbling down notes he would never need after the upcoming test.

Once class was over, Jonghyun, a classmate and someone from the choir, came up to him. They were practically the same eight, Jongdae realized when Jonghyun slung an arm over his shoulders.

            “You’re coming to the party, right.”

“That sounds more like a demand than a question.” Jongdae pointed out with a slight nudge to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter