Drop Down And Give Me 50!

Spy Academy

 The next day Sera walked to class with Minhyuk.

"Are you ready for the assesment on friday?" Minhyuk asked.

"I guess so"

"Oh c'mon, you'll do great. What do you have to worry about?"

Sera shrugged "I feel like there's much more pressure on me"

"Ah don't worry about it!" He beamed.

They stopped walking when they reached Sera's classroom. 

"Hey so, do you want to eat lunch together? I heard it's pizza day" 

Sera nodded "yeah sounds great"

"Okay see you then!" 

-

Today's class was biology. The class was moved into one of the labratories for the day.

"Good morning class" The professor greeted them. "Today we are jumping straight into anatomy with frog disection"

The class let out a mixture of ew's and oooh's. 

"Go ahead and partner up"

Sera sat next to Hyungwon.

"You just can't seem to stay away, huh?" he smirked.

She gave him a disgusted expression "More like, your the only other person I know in this class besides the teacher"

The professor handed out materials and plopped a frog down in front of them. 

Sera put on her gloves and goggles. "Aren't you going to wear gloves?"

He shook his head "No, I think you should do it"

"Me? Why me?"

"Well I'm not going to do it. That's disgusting"

Sera rolled her eyes at him. Of course the pretty boy didn't want to get his hands dirty. She hesitantly picked up the knife and looked at the frog. "I'm going to puke"

"If you do, make sure it's not on me" Hyungwon half-joked.

She attempted to cut the frog but chickened out last minute.

"Just do it" Hyungwon nagged.

"You can take over at anytime!" she whined.

Sera slowly cut open the frog holding back any urge to puke. The assignment instructed that she take out each indiviual organ and label them. Hyungwon silently watched her face as she worked on pulling out all the parts of the frog.

"What are you staring at?!" 

He smiled at her "You look pretty when you're focused."

Sera picked up the frog intestints with the tweasers and playfully pretended to poke him with it.

"Ew!" He got up and ran towards the door making Sera break out in laughter. 

-

After the lab, they met upstairs for math. 

They were all busily working on the problems on the board when the teacher called on Sera. "Sera, do you know the answer to number one?"

Sera looked up from her paper, she started second guessing her answer. "Negative 2?"

"Are you asking? Or is that your answer?" the professor asked.

"My answer"

"That's correct" 

The teacher moved onto the next question. Sera felt proud of herself for actually getting the problem right for once.

-

At lunch Minhyuk and Sera went through the line and got their pizza slices. "Where should we sit?"

Minhyuk looked around puzzled. "Looks like their aren't many open seats"

"Sera!" One kid called out "Come sit with us"

Sera looked over and saw her classmates. "I can't believe they even know my name" Over at their table their was only one spot open.

"Go sit with them" Minhyuk told her. 

"Are you sure?" Sera asked 

"We can eat lunch together another day" 

Sera felt bad about leaving him, but wanted to fit in with her other classmates. "Okay, see you later then"

"See ya" After she left Minhyuk made his way to the back of the cafeteria. He sat down in an open seat by the bathrooms by himself.

-

During physical training each of the students were required to do 50 pushups to warm up. Sera, of course, couldn't even do 10.

"C'mon Sera, I know you can do better than that" Shownu yelled "Everyone else is finished, we're waiting on you!"

Sera whined a little but kept going.

"Shownu, stay with her until she finishes her 50" The coach commanded.

"Yes ma'm!" Shownu saluted.

The coach left the gym with the rest of the class. Kihyun stayed behind with Shownu.

"You heard her cadet! We're going to stay here until you finish 100 push-ups"

"100!" Sera whined "She said 50!"

"And I say 100!" Shownu acting stubborn.

"C'mon Shownu, isn't that a bit harsh" Kihyun pleaded.

He grew irritated "Did the coach leave you in charge or me?"

Kihyun sighed and threw his hands up in the air "Yes sir"  Then he turned around and left he gym.

Sera was loosing the feeling in her arms but continued to presist. She counted her push-ups out loud. "...49...50...51...52.." After a while she became covered in sweat. Her arms shook as she pushed them off the ground. "...89...90..." She stopped and took a deep breath.

Shownu was begging to feel bad for her. "You can stop there cadet"

"No, not yet" She felt like she needed to prove something to herself "91!...92!...93!..."

He was wowed by her presistance and decided to cheer her on "Alright cadet just a little more!"

"98!...99!..100!!" Exhausted she layed on her back on the gym floor and tried to catch her breath.

Shownu grabbed a water bottle and tossed it at her.

Sera took the bottle and drank from it. "Thanks" she muttered inbetween breaths.

"Don't mention it" Shownu smiled "Take it easy for the rest of the day, okay?" 

Sera watched as he exited the gym. Alone, still laying on the floor, she looked up at the leader board. The top 20 were listed in order, number one being Shownu. His name was followed by someone named Wonho, and then Jooheon. The next name she recognized was Kihyun's at number 6. being on the leader gave you respect anywhere you went on campus. That kind of respect sounded very appealing to Sera.

-

After hitting the showers, Sera found Kihyun out in the courtyard. "Kihyun"

"Hey Sera, did you need something?"

"I wanted to ask you something"

"Oh sorry about the push-up thing. He can be a bit much but he means well"

"Huh? Oh that's not what I wanted to ask you about"

"What then?"

Sera gulped "I want to be in the top 20"

He laughed a little "Why would you want that? You know there's no prize for anything but first place"

"I just want to" she replied.

"It's not easy, you're going against the entire school here"

"I'm not taking it lightly. I just want to. I need to."

He shrugged "Well if you really want to be on that list, you're going to need to find your skill"

"My skill?"

"Yeah, the reason you got accepted into the school. What you're good at. For me it's strategy, for Shownu, it's combat. Everyone has something."

"I don't know what my skill is"

"Don't worry, it took me a while to come up with mine. You'll get it" He patted her head "Hey, I gotta go to class but I'll talk to you later"

Sera watched as he walked away. "my skill" she whisped to herself.

-

During dinner, Minhyuk noticed Sera was unusually quiet. "What are you thinking?"

Sera looked up from her plate. "huh?"

"I asked what you were thinking? You haven't said much since we sat down"

"It's nothing really" Then an idea hit her. "Hey, do you think you could help me with something?"

-

"It's already dark Sera, shouldn't we call it a night?" Minhyuk begged.

Sera tried to catch her breath "No not yet, how was my time?"

Minhyuk looked at his stopwatch. "Nine minutes"

"Darn!" Sera sighed.

"I guess we can cross speed off the list" Minhyuk crossed it off on his clipboard.

"What's next?"

"Well, we all ready tried balance, flexibility, and strength. Maybe it's not an athletic skill?"

"Maybe, but let's keep trying just in case" She looked around "Let's try hand-eye coordination!"

Minhyuk groaned "Fine" and he followed after her with his clipboard.