The Acedemy

Spy Academy

Sera sat in the passenger seat of the taxi cab and peered out the window. She was on her way to her new school out in the middle of the country side. Suddenly she felt her phone buzz in her jean pocket. Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out her phone and read the message aloud. "Have a great time at school, I know you'll love it". She sighed at the message from her mother. 

A few days earlier she was thinking she was going to a completely different school. But that plan changed when she recieved a strange acceptance letter in the mail. It said that according to her oustanding test scores, she was accepted into an extremely prestigious school. Confused, she called her mother to ask if she knew anything about it. Her mother claimed she didn't, but told her that it sounded like a great opportunity.But the idea of joining some stuck up boarding school didn't sound very appealing to her, so she didn't really consider it.

That was until a strange man knocked on her door. 

~FLASHBACK~

Sera opened the door to see a man in a tan plaid suit. "Hello" 

He smiled at her. "Park Sera?"

"Yeah, that's me"

His smile grew wider. "I'm the principal of Grandview Acedemy. Are your parents home?"

Sera shook her head "No"

"Oh, well can I come inside? I think we should have a chat"

Reluctantly, Sera let the man come in. She sat him down in the living room. "Would you like something to drink?"

"No, that's okay"

Sera sat down in an arm chair across from the principal. "I was actually a little confused when I recieved my acceptance letter. See, I never applied"

"Of course you did. Everyone does"

"I'm sorry" A confused look appeared on her face.

"Remember that mandatory test you took at the end of the year last year?"

"The IQ test?" 

"Yes, only, it didn't only test IQ, but emotional intelligence as well."

Sara put the details together in her mind. "So, because I got a high score, I got in"

"It's not based on scores. You have a certain skill set that I think would fit well into our school. The test just helps us narrow down the canidates."

"So, I wasn't just excepted because of my parents?" Sara was relived to hear that her parents, the well-repected diplomats, had nothing to do with it.

"No, it was all you" His smile then faded and he became very serious "But this isn't just any school"

"What kind of school is it?"

"It's a school for archaic intellegencers"

Sara laughed "You mean like spies?" But she quickly stopped laughing when she realized the serious expression still on the man's face. "Are you serious?"

"Our student's are all in training with the hopes of joining international intelligence agencies around the globe. They study everything from world languages to close combat"

Sera still could'nt tell if he was serious. What he was saying was just too ridiculous. 

After the man left, Sera told her parents about the school and the visit from the principal. Oddly enough, her parents weren't suprised. They had heard of this school and insisted that she join. So she packed up her things and left her old friends behind. 

~

When she arrived at the school she was in awe. It was an older English style building that reminded her of the mansion from Xmen. The school was filled with parents dropping off their children. Unfortunetly Sara was by herself. Her parents were off at work, but it wasn't anything she wasn't used to. 

tumblr_mcpw8hvisi1r2l9nco1_500.jpg

 She pulled out her backpack and slung it on her back. Then the taxi driver  popped open the trunk so she could grab her suitcase. She attempted to  pull it out over her head with one hand but it slipped and it started to fall. 

 Thankfully someone caught it right before it landed on her head. Sara  turned around to say thank you but froze when she saw who it was. He looked like he had walked out of a magazine. He was tall and seriously attractive.

 He waved a hand infront of her face. "Hello?"

 She snapped out of her gaze. "Oh sorry. Thank you so much" She closed  the trunk and tried to flee from embaresssment. 

 "Do you need help?" He asked.

 "No, I got it!" Sera tried to keep her cool but was well aware it wasn't working.

He laughed "The dorms are that way" he pointed in the oppposite direction than where she was headed.

"Oh, yeah. I know. Thanks again!"

After being pointed in the correct direction, Sera found her dorm room and used the key that she was given to open the door. It was small, like a coat closet, and was filled with only a bed and a wardrobe. Inside the wardrobe, Sara found her school uniform as well as her gym clothes. She was busily unpacking when she heard a knock at the door.

She opened it and saw a blonde boy standing at her door with a wide grin on his face.

"Hi!" He said.

"Hi" She replied.

"I just thought I'd come by and say hi, since we're neighbors and all" He seemed a bit nervous.

"The boys and girls dorms are mixed?" 

Minhyuk shrugged and nodded "They're very trusting"

Sera looked at the clock and then back at Minhyuk "Are you going to orientation?" 

"Yeah! Do you want to go together?" Minhyuk's enthusiasim made Sera smile. 

"Okay, let me grab my jacket"

-

Minhyuk and Sera walked together to the auditorium for orientation.

"So is this your first year here?" He asked.

"Yeah, how about you?"

"Yeah" He replied "It's crazy isn't it? One minute were normal teens and next thing you know we're in a school for secret agents."

"It's almost too crazy to believe." 

At the auditorium, the two sat next to one another in the middle. Once the auditorium was full, the principal came out onto the stage. 

He cleared his throat before speaking "Welcome students to Grandview Acedemy. I want to start off by saying thank you for joining us. But don't think that you should take this oportunity lightly. This is a very prestigious school and we hold ourselves to a very high standard." He took a deep breath before continuing "After you graduate you will have the opportunity to transfer to many different training acedemies where you can train to become agents."

The members of the audience started to murmer and whisper.

"Another opportunity we offer is the Grandview Selection prize. This is an internship and a career in the agency of your choosing without any more needed training. This oportunity, however, only applies to the top student. A leader board is placed in the gym so you can check your staus throughout the year. Keep in mind that you all will be ranked with the upperclassmen. Points will be given, or taken, throughout the year by your professors and coaches."

-

After orientation Minhyuk and Sera walked back towards the dorms. On their way they stopped at the fields where they saw some of the upperclassmen training on one the obstacle courses. Sera thought she was watching military training, and couldn't help her jaw from dropping.

"They're intense" Minhyuk stated.

One guy in particular caught her attention. He was particularly sweaty and covered in dirt. "Who is he?"

"Oh, I read about him! That's Shownu, he placed second last year for the Grandview Selection. Odds are that he'll win this year."

Sera started to wonder if she was in over her head. These people were serious and much more prepared than she was. She was starting to wonder what she go herself into.