In Plane Sight

Baby, you are my angel

Chapter 2- In Plane sight

The ramp shakes slightly as I walk towards the plane. A giant Boeing 747 greets me with Park Enterprises painted across, like a brand. It’s another frightening reminder that I will never be free of my father, or my rigged fate. The plane was refurnished to suit my needs and hobbies. There is a room at the end with a bed and a HD TV, a bathroom complete with a shower, as well as spacious lounge with a bar. I throw my bag onto my bed and collapse on my back. Five minutes down, 9 hours and 55 minutes to go.

The plane ride was overall quite comfortable as no one was around to remind me of my father’s existence. I took a shower, chose a show on Netflix and settled down on my bed with a box of caramel popcorn. Dinner was nice too, unlike last nights, and the night view complimented my jajangmyeon. The air attendant looked at me weirdly. The heiress to a multi-billion empire eating food like jajangmyeon? Stranger things have happened.

I continued to eat, regarding the lady’s judgmental stares with a pinch of salt. I liked to eat commoner’s foods. It makes me feel normal, like someone who doesn’t stand out. But this rarely happens back in the US, even when I eat jajangmyeon, because our personal chef always spices things up with a spoonful of black caviar here or a sprinkle of edible gold there. Sleep was more peaceful and undisturbed. But as we entered Korean airspace, I couldn’t help but feel a bit homesick.

“Miss Park? This way.”

The man showed his identification as a Park employee then gestures for me to follow him. A couple of guys in black suits reach for my luggage and carries it next to me. It is moments like these when I see girls enviously looking at me. LV bags and Prada sunglasses as well as an entourage of bodyguards. If only they knew how desperately I want swap places with them.

We walk towards the VIP exit and I could see the black limousine waiting for me. But this time was different.  A swarm of reporters and paparazzi stands in front and the minute they saw me, my bodyguards pushed them away. But no matter how well my bodyguards protect me, I could still hear the millions of questions directed to my face.

Miss Park? What do you have to say about the expansion of the Park Empire across the world? What do you feel about the oil spill in the Pacific Ocean created by Park Petroleum? What are your expectations of the Park Empire in Korea? How long are you staying? What do you feel about being named “Most successful heir in the world”? What about the fall in shares of Park Enterprises? What are some words you have for your Korean fans?

My head is spinning with the clamoring and noise, and I feel relieved when I smell the familiar lemony scent of car freshener. At least no one is trying to wrestle me down here.

Seoul looks completely different from America. No more yellow cabs, but instead, many small stands selling street food. I salivate a little at the smell of ddeokbokki but resist the temptation to stop the car. We pass many streets and my driver occasionally points out some highlights. Miss Reyna, on your left you can see the youngster street Hongdae. This is the Han River, Miss Reyna. This building is owned by Park Enterprises. After the brief tour, we arrive at the bottom of a tall glass building. Park Enterprises Korea was sprawled across the marble as we walked in, passing the lines of employees bowing respectfully. In the middle of the foyer stood a middle-aged man in a suit with a young lady.

“Miss Reyna! How nice to meet you finally! Was your trip comfortable?” he exclaims in English while reaching out his hand. I shake his hand and nod my head. “It’s nice to meet you Mr. Choi,” I reply in fluent Korean, “and please, Korean is fine.”

The president of the Seoul branch, Mr. Choi introduces me to the lady next to him, who is his secretary. After a brief tour of the building, which was enjoyable to a certain degree, he leads me to a set of elevator doors.

“Miss Reyna, the top floor is for your own use, and this elevator is your exclusive property. After tonight’s rest, I hope you would give me the pleasure of dinner tomorrow.”

“Of course,” I reply and Mr. Choi bows and takes his leave.

The elevator dings when I reached the top floor and the doors slowly open to reveal a gorgeous condo. The windows cover half the room, from the roof to the floor, proudly displaying Seoul’s nightlife. The dim lights illuminate the room and I saw that my entire luggage has already arrived. The king-size bed was fluffy and warm, and the closet was already filled with various clothes and dresses. The bathroom was vast and luxurious with a gilded bathtub and a spa. My favorite shampoo and body washes are arranged on the shelf as well as my toothbrush. I walk back out into the bedroom and curl onto my blankets. My pillow even smells like roses. In this large room, no matter how much it seems like home, the familiar sensation of loneliness creeps up my back as I fall asleep.

I wake up the next morning to the sun shining on my face. My back aches from the weird position I slept in last night, and I groggily walk into the bathroom.  Cold water splashes against my face, and my long chestnut colored hair flops over my forehead. I decide to take a quick shower and then change into a plain black dress. Nothing too fancy I think to myself as I call room service for breakfast. Bacon and eggs, a match made in heaven I thought as I hungrily devour my meal, washing everything down with a glass of orange juice. After that, I brush my teeth, twist my hair into a simple bun, and slip on some red heels. Just before I was about to get in the elevator, my phone rang. It was Mr. Choi. I press the accept button.

“Miss Reyna? I’m sorry for disturbing your morning but unfortunately some unexpected business came up so I would have to excuse myself tonight. Is it alright if we postpone the dinner to tomorrow?” I accept, saying that it was fine amidst his profuse apologies. Once we confirm the time, I hang up and sigh. Now I have nothing to do today. With a mixture of relief and excitement, I call my driver.

“Hello? Yes, can you pick me up now? I would like to go explore Seoul today.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello! i'm backkk. i've missed everyone so much and i've been worrying about my story ever since i left. So this is Chapter 2 (i didnt count the prologue as a chapter whoops) and i can only say that the is comingggg. Soon our male hero will be arriving (hint hint)

I am going to strive for 2-3 chapters every update (then you guys can get more fanfic :3)

don't forget to subscribe and upvote

ALSO LEAVE SOME COMMENTS ON HOW I SHOULD CONTINUUE THE STORY OR HOW I SHOULD IMPROVE!!

anything is welcome

anyways...

until next time,

Sophie <3