Unpredictable Situation I

Just INFINITE Oneshots

Characters: Kim Myungsoo (L) x You

----

You and Myungsoo were childhood friends but then your parents agreed that you’ll be having an arranged marriage with a certain someone… What will you do? And in what way will Myungsoo be able to help?

-----

 

You and Kim Myungsoo are best friends for 12 years. Both of you  love staying in your favorite place – the park near their school. Saturday morning, you got a problem about your family; you went to the park and called Myungsoo.

 

*phone rings; Myungsoo picks up*

 

“Myunggie, can you come here?” you asked.

“At the park? Wait… I’ll be there” Myungsoo said.

“Okay, I’ll wait.” you said.

Myungsoo went to the park and saw you sitting in one of the green benches, crying. He approached you.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?” He asked.

“My parents’ want me to marry Kris, but I don’t want to”

“Kris Wu,  the heartbreaker?”

“Yes, that guy. But my parents are forcing me and I don’t know what to do”,

“Escape”

“Escape, like hide from them?”

“Yes, or marry another guy”

“What!??”

“You have no choice to stop them.” he said calmly.

“I’ll think about it first”

“Let’s play at the arcade to forget that, c’mon!”

 

You then went to the arcade, play different games. You saw Kris with another girl. You went to him, leaving Myungsoo playing.

 

“Kris! Is she your girlfriend?” You asked.

“Ow, yes, she is, why?” Yunho answered.

“Do you know that our parents had an agree-”

“I know. Stop it, besides I’ll not marry you”

“Good, tell your parents that!”

“Umm… Hey, c’mon!” Myungsoo interrupted.

 “Ow Myung, wait” You said.

“Who’s this guy?” Kris asked.

“My-” you were about to reply when Myungsoo cut you off.

“I’m her boyfriend”, Myungsoo said.

“Ow, tell that to her parents”, Kris said and left.

“Myungsoo …” you whispered to him.

“Just pretend”

“Okay, let’s go home now”, you said.

“C’mon”, Myungsoo said as he held your hand.

 

Days passed, they still continue pretending as couples. But one day, Myungsoo asked you something.

 

He sent you a message saying:

 

Meet me at the park today. I need to tell you something.

— Myungsoo

 

 

You replied by saying:

 

Sorry Myungsoo, I can’t go out today. I’m really sorry. :(

 

But still, Myungsoo waited for you at the park until the sun sets. Wishing that you would come. When he finally decided to leave, he told the guard there to give you a letter. Before 9pm, you came, wondering at the park if he is still there but she saw only the guard.

 

“Ms., Myungsoo –sshi told me to give you this letter” the guard said as he handled you he letter.

“Thank you but where is he?” you asked.

“He went somewhere”, he answered.

“Thank you again”, you said & left. 

 

You went home lonely. You locked yourself up in your room. Then you began reading the letter.

 

The letter contains this:

 

I guess we should stop pretending as couples. I love you. Can we just be real couples? If you have your answer, just go to the place where we first meet.

— Myungsoo

 

You hurriedly went to that place but apparently saw no one. You went to the big old tree and try to look for something – your names that are carved on that tree. You waited for hours expecting that Myungsoo will arrive but still there was no sign of him. So you decided to go home and call Myungsoo.

 

*phone rings; Myungsoo ‘s mom picks it up*

 

“Hello?” his mom said.

“Umm… can I talk to Myungsoo please?” you said.

“Myungsoo is at the emergency room, he was struck by a car 4 hours ago”, his mom said.

“What?! I’ll go there now”, you said as you rushed to the hospital.

 

At the hospital—