His Last Gift

Just INFINITE Oneshots

Characters: Kim Sunggyu x You

------

Married for a year, Kim Sunggyu has always been beside you ever since you got commited with each other. What will happen to you if you found out that he has less than 3 months left to live?

 

------

- hospital room -

x YOUR POV x

"Babe, why you lied to me?' I started to cry.

"I don't want you to worry", he frowned.

"Babe, it's the same, right now I'm worrying about you", I throw tiny punches on him.

"Mianhae babe", he started to cry.

"This is so unfair", I cried on his hand.

"Let's just enjoy the remaining days babe", he tried to smile.

 

 -- flashback --

"Babe, faster! We'll be late for Sungjong's engagement party!" he waited for me in the living room.

"Just one minute!" I shouted while putting my earrings on.

I hurried going down after doing final touches before going to the party and to meet my always handsome husband, Kim Sunggyu.

"Babe? I'm ready", I tapped his shoulders. He turned around to look at me.

"Wow! You look perfect babe", he tried to kiss me but I blocked it.

"Stop, my make up will be ruined. Maybe after the party. We can", I laughed. He frowned.

"Kaja?" I hold his hand.

"You wait for me outside, I'll just check the doors and windows", he headed to the kitchen. I went outside our house.

I am waiting. I waited for more than 5 minutes. I went inside our house and found out that he's already lying on the floor, unconcious.

"Babe?' I kneeled on his side.

"Babe?" still no reply.

"BABE?!" I shook his shoulders.

I called the ambulance, they took Sunggyu to the hospital. I called Sungjong to tell him that his hyung got admitted and we're not gonna be attending his party.

 

- at the hospital -

"Dr. Son, what happened to my husband? Is he okay?" I stood to meet his doctor.

"It's a seizure"

"A seizure?"

"Did he told you that he has brain cancer?"

"Brain Cancer? He never did"

"He has brain cancer and he has less than 3months to live", he walked to his office.

"Brain Cancer? 3 months?" I said to myself. "How could he?"

"Mrs. Kim, you can see Mr. Kim now," the nurse tapped my shoulder.

-- end of flashback --

 

2 days after ...

"Kansamnida Dr. Son", we bowed to him.

Today is the day Sunggyu is out of the hospital.

"So babe, where do you wanna go?" he looked at me.

"Today, I want you to rest", I smiled.

He nodded. We went home. We spend the remaining days with each other at the parks, malls, resorts, with the Infinite members. Months passed, we spent those with memorable stuffs. Decorated our house with cute things. Created a garden at our backyard. Watched different movies. Ate at expensive restaurants. Took cute photos together. We treat each day as if it is his last until one day. He got admitted again.

"How do feel babe?" I checked on his condition. It was 10 in the evening.

"I'm feeling better babe, just a slight headache", he eyesmiled.

"Just rest babe", I caressed his cheek and rested on his hand.

Minutes turned to hours that has passed. I woke up because of that fast beeping sound coming from the machine that's attached to him. I was alarmed because of the unstable movement of the lines in the heart rate meter. I called his doctor.

"Mrs. Kim please step aside", he said in panic.

I stepped aside. He called the nurses.

"Defibrillator!" he ordered one of the nurses. The nurse took the Defibrillator.

"Clear!" he started reviving my husband. No response.

"Clear!" No response again.

"Clear!" The heart rate went zero. He's dead.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Kim, we did all we can. Time of death, 12:28", he went out of the room with the nurses.

"12:28, December 28, the day we got married", I'm crying on his side.

He got cremated. The Infinite members stayed by my side for the first days.

One morning, I started vomitting. Lee Sungyeol and Kim Myungsoo stayed last night in our house.

"Nuna, what happened?" Sungyeol's head popped in the bathroom's door.

"It's nothing, it always happen since last week", I washed my mouth.

"Last week? Nuna, you should go to the doctor", Myungsoo suggested.

"We'll go with you", they dragged me to my room.

"Change now nuna", Myungsoo closed the door.

I changed my clothes into this: [click]

They waited for me outside my house. We went to the hospital. Checked on the Ob-gyne.

"Mrs. Kim, since when did you started vomitting?"

"Last week", I replied coldly.

"Did you have your monthly period?"

"I can't remember, but I was delayed"

"Mrs. Kim, you might be pregnant. You can have the pregnancy test in the laboratory."

I took the pregnancy test and waited for the result. Minutes passed.

"Mrs. Kim, the doctor wants to talk to you and bring the boys too", her secretary called out.

Sungyeol, Myungsoo and I went inside the office.

"Mrs. Kim, congratulations. You're 14 weeks pregnant", she shook my hand.

"Nuna! You're pregnant! Myungsoo exclaimed. Sungyeol was clapping.

So I am pregnant.

"Kansamnida Dr. Shin," I bowed.

We headed home. Sungyeol went to his own house and Myungsoo did the same. So I am alone all by myself tonight. I saw a mail in our mail box, I took it. It was from Kim Sunggyu.

(Inside the letter:

Dear my always beautiful Babe,

                  I know by this time you received this letter, I already passed away. I'm really sorry for not telling you about my sickness. Please forgive me and also the Infinite members, they know about this and I asked them to take care of you starting the day that I died. Remember the times when I was with you. I know you're pregnant, our baby is my last gift for you. Please give him/her a nice awesome name like mine. :D And don't worry, from wherever I am, I'll watch out for you and our baby. I love you babe.

Your always handsome husband,

Kim Sunggyu

)

I started to tear up but it turned into a smile. I went to the bathroom to take a bath and change into pajamas. I headed to our bedroom, laid on our bed and hugged the pillow he gave me.

"So our baby is your last gift, eh?" I thought.

"Saranghae Kim Sunggyu."

Kim Sunggyu is always full of surprises.

 

 

-----------------

Comment. Subscribe. Let's Be Friends.

kkrryyon91 xx