vi. Awkward [Hanbin]

MIX & MATCH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

requested by: hanbingo! Thanks for subscribing!!

"Lalice!! Please come down! I have someone who I would like you to meet!" Lalice's mom shouts from the living room. Lalice Manoban groans and sits up from her lying position. She stands from her bed and walked towards her bathroom. She did her morning routine and made herself decent. She walks out of her room and down the stairs. She sees the face of a man in his late 40s. He had salt and pepper hair and his face look extremely familiar but she doesn't seem to pin point where she saw his face.

Her mom sees her and smiles. She waves at her to come closer. He holds her hands and she holds the man's hands too. Her mom was a single mother. Her father died because of a hit & run accident. It's terrible to lose your father at such a young age but her mother healed throughout the years and began dating again. Her mother never introduced to Lalice her boyfriend but she blames herself since she was always with her boyfriend. Now that they've came to a mutual understanding to break up, Lalice had more time to stay at home with her mother.

"Lalice, I'd like you to meet Kim Hanjae." Lalice looks at the familiar looking male once more. Kim Hanjae smiles at her and swore to herself that he looked like someone really close to her.

"He's going to be your new father." Lalice's jaw drops. He's going to be her new step-father?!

"W-What?" Lalice looks at her mom, bewildered.

"He proposed to me last night, sweetheart. We've been together for so long and we are very much in love with each other and--"

Her mother was cut off when Lalice tackles her mom with a hug.

"I'm so happy." Lalice squeals and pulls away from their hug. She looks at her step-father and hugs him too. 

"Welcome to the family. The three of us will be such a happy family!" Lalice grins. She pulls away from the hug and sees the look on Hanjae's face. He looked embarrassed.

"Oh sweetheart, I forgot to tell you that Hanjae has a son the same age as you!" She faces her husband and tugs on his arm. "Where is Hanbin?"

Lalice's eyes widened. He has the same name as her ex-- No. It must be a coincidence. There a lot of people named Hanbin.

"Hanbin? He said he'll follow. He's finishing a music project for school. He's actually majoring in music in Korean National University." A proud smile spreads in his face.

Music? Korean National University?? It's the same as his.

Knocking interrupted their conversation. Hanjae separates himself from everyone and gets the door. "It must be him." 

Lalice was crossing her fingers, hoping and praying that it wasn't the same person. She held her breath once Hanjae opened the door. Her heart drops. No wonder Hanjae looked familiar. His son's a splitting image.

"Good to see you, Hanbin. I'd like to meet your step-mom, Tina, and step-sister, Lalice." Hanjae points to them both. Hanbin's eyes went straight to Lalice's and his smile was gone from his face.

"Hey, Hanbin."

"Hi, Lalice."

This awkward.

"Oh, I forgot to tell everyone! Since we're engaged, we planned on moving in together! Isn't that wonderful news?" Her mom clapped and jum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter