v. Betray [Chanwoo]

MIX & MATCH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Chanwoo wasn't your ordinary high school student. He performs very well actually. He's the son of the CEO and Founder of Jung Enterprises, the smartest student in his batch, the captain of his basketball team, the president of the student council, the crush of many women, the list goes on but he had a deepest darkest secret hidden from his adorable facade.

He enters the Jung Mansion, butlers and maids welcome in his entry. He hands his bag to one of the butlers and removed it his school coat, giving it to the maids nearest to him.

"Young master, your father awaits for you in the dining area." One of the maids informs him. He nods and walks his way towards the dining area. His hands were in his pockets and a permanent vacant expression in his face. The maids open the doors to the dining area and there he sees his father, Jung Yunho, sipping his usual whisky. He was sitting at the end of their long dining table, newspaper in hand. He glances towards the doors and sees his son, a proud smile spreads on his face. He puts the glass down and stood up from his seat.

"There's my son! Come here." His arms spread wide for a hug. Chanwoo accepts but he did not return this. 

"Hello, father. The maids told me you were waiting for me. What is it do you need?" Chanwoo asks in a deadpan tone.

"Always straight to work, aren't we?" He pulls away from the hug and grabs the newspaper from the table. He points to the article and Chanwoo sees the picture of an old man who happens to own the 2nd most successful company after his father's: Lee Corporations. They have been rivals ever since Lee Corporations stocks rose to the ceiling, the fast growing sales that they've ever seen.

"You see this man? His name is Lee Hakyeon, the CEO and Founder of Lee Corporations. Their sales rose higher and making ours drop. Lee Corporations is now first in the stock market. I want you to... get rid of him permanently" His father trails off, an evil smirk forming on his lips and a glint of murder in his eyes.

 And once Jung Yunho sees a potential threat, Jung Chanwoo exterminates them.

*

Chanwoo enters his classroom, books in hand. He sat at the very back by the window and gazed the clouds. What was it like to be free? He asks to himself. 

At the young age of 3, his father enrolled him in a martial arts training facility. At the age of 6, he was considered to be the master of Taekwondo, Hapkido and Judo. At the age of 7, he held his first gun. At the age of 9, he killed his first target. 

He was trained in the very raw age. He continues his training every day after school despite being a master of his arts. He never laughs, smiles or cries. This is normal for him. This was his everyday routine.

The teacher enters with a small girl following her. Chanwoo notices this and was taken aback from this girl's innocent aura. Her eyes were wide and full of hope. Her lips were small, pouty and pink and her pale complexion just made her look angelic.

"Good Morning, class! Today, we have a new transfer student! Please introduce yourself, Ms. Lee." The teacher beams at her and the girl glances at her and scanned the crowd. Her eyes landed on Chanwoo's eyes and he swore to himself his breathing stopped for awhile.

"I'm Lee Jinah, daughter of Lee Hakyeon. Please take care of me" .

Everyone applauded and the teacher hushed them.

"Please take a seat beside Mr. Jung Chanwoo. Chanwoo, please raise your hand." Double .

*

The whole time that she was seated beside him, his heart was beating 10x faster than before. He felt sweat dripping by the side of his face. He never broke a sweat when training nor did he feel like his heart was to explode. By just sitting beside this girl, he experienced this and he didn't like it one bit! He felt like a nervous wreck! He didn't feel nervous during his missions.

"Uhm, Chanwoo-sshi?" Her voice broke his concentration. He looks at her with a poker face and she smiles at him. 

If it were possible, he felt his heart rate went faster than before and his hands started to shake. How can this girl make him feel this way?

"I was wondering if you can show me around campus? The teacher says that you were the president of the student council. It's okay if you decline I mean--"

"I will." And he quickly regret his decision.

*

The past few days went well. Chanwoo and Jinah were starting to get closer. The wall that he built around him was starting to break because of this girl. This girl who was too innocent. She was too good for him but he didn't stop. He continued this and endangered himself from all these emotions that he were starting to feel.

One day, the sun was shinning exceptionally brighter and everyone seemed happier that day, even Chanwoo. He was about to do something that he never done before: ask a girl on a date. 

He sits on his usual seat and awaits for the entrance of Jinah. He sighs and the edge of his lips hitch up. He hears someone sitting besid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter