Chapter seven

Secrets told

The boy had brown hair that was a little too long and fell into his eyes. He had a grim expression on his face and dark circles under his eyes which showed that he hasn't slept in days. As he stepped forward he limped. Chanwoo looked down to see the cause of the limp, the Elve had a bandage around his right leg which was stained red from blood. Seeing his injury, Chanwoo let his gaze drift looking at the others Elves and seeing them also injured in various places. One of them was being supported by two other Elves, he had long hair that reached to his shoulders. Chanwoo couldn't see much of him due to the other Elves blocking his vision but one thing that stood out from the Elve was that he was covered entirely in blood staining the ground he was standing on with his blood that was dripping from somewhere in his chest area. All of the Elves seemed badly hurt but they didn't look tired, which was weird thought Chanwoo since they've probably been traveling injured for the past two days.

"My name is Seungcheol but I go by S.Coups. I'm the general of Álfheimr and the mate of the Keeper of the Crystal who got badly hurt while protecting the Crystal of Life before I'll start explaining I request of you to heal him." He turned around pointing at the long haired covered in blood Elve who was being supported by two other Elves.

Even though Lay has been healing others for the whole day and looked clearly tired he ran towards the badly hurt Elve. The mate of the General was laid down and lay started examining him .he in his breath and started shouting out different Herbs names while he began closing the wounds on the long haired Elve. While the other was being treated S.Coups started explaining what happened.

"Jeonghan and I were preparing for bed when it all happened. He went back into the chamber to check on the Crystal when I suddenly heard him scream. I immediately ran outside into the hallway to see what happened but before I could enter the Chamber I was held against a wall by a shadow. He didn't have a face yet alone eyes but I felt him staring right into me and tugging at my memories. I couldn't do anything, Shadows don't exist in Álfheimr let alone Shadow people who weren't supposed to exist at all."

Seungcheol kept his eyes on the Keeper who had now been identified as Jeonghan. His expression changed into one of pain as he continued talking.

"In that moment, Dino ran in and managed to defeat the Shadow by using a Light Stone." He pointed to a young boy with a big scar across his face. The cut seemed pretty new. Dino gave him a big smile making his scar move. Chanwoo returned the smile and started to wonder how exactly the young boy managed to defeat a Shadow Person with a Light Stone.

"Together we ran into the Chamber where Jeonghan was lying next to the box where we kep our Crystal, he was bleeding terribly. He had a big hole in his chest. I could... I-I", S.Coups started breathing heavily, the memory of that night has clearly scarred him." I could see his ribs and.... and there were symbols burned into them. I don't know what it said or what language it was, we used our powers to heal him the most we could but we didn't manage to close the wound completely. I took him into my arms and we ran outside into the hallways strangely there was no one outside, which was weird since the castle was always packed with other Elves. It was as if the whole castle had been wiped out.                                                                                                                                                         It was quiet, very quiet the only sounds you could hear were ours. We continued to run and when we reached the gates we found Hansol and Wonwoo. They both were covered in blood, not theirs, though. Wonwoo told us that the Shadow people have attacked the Kingdom and that the Elves who survived the attack have hidden themselves underground, where we still are actually, the Dökkálfar allowed us to use one of their tunnels as a hiding place. Which is quite surprising since we don't really like each other. But anyways, we ran outside and there a was sea of blood with bodies and limps swimming in it. It was horrible!"

Everyone in the room listened intensely at what the General was saying. During his explanation, everybody sat down either on the floor or on the chairs and he was the only one standing and talking. It reminded Chanwoo and Hyuk of the nights they would sit together and listen to the old Seers and their adventures but this wasn't a bonfire story and both of them knew it, this the was harsh reality.

With more information told by S.Coups, the more they realized that the dreaded unfinished prophecy had begun.

 

"Sanha, come on. Hang on a little longer!" whispered Moonbin to the younger who was slipping in and out of consciousness. Moonbin could hear the Shadows following them and feel the rage that was radiating from them.

They were running in the dark through an abandoned house, tripping here and there over stones or furniture.

Moonbin and Sanha hid themselves in the abandoned building after Sanha got hit by a poisoned arrow. They were on their way to the meeting of the Seers when they got attacked by the Shadow people and had to change their route. They wanted to meet with a few other Seers to make their journey safer.

The arrows that had hit Sanha previously started flying again and Moonbin was having a hard time holding Sanha up and avoiding getting hit. He continued running when he suddenly saw a balcony at the end of the room that he just ran into. He fastened his pace, steering for the balcony that was missing a reeling. Running towards the dead-end, he jumped right before the end of the balcony that was on the 13th floor and instead of falling to their death, Moonbin felt the familiar lightness and the changing winds as he navigated himself and Sanhas unconscious away from the old and abandoned building. Out of the corner of his eyes, Moonbin could see how the arrows dissolved when they made contact with the sunlight. Feeling relieved and storing that information in the back of his mind to mention it later at the meeting he continued to fly far away from the building.

After what felt like several hours Moonbin started to feel tired and his grip on Sanha started to loosen, he decided to look for a place to stay and where he could treat Sanhas wounds.                                             In that moment, Moonbin heard the sound of a waterfall and changed his direction in which he was heading to previously. The water could become useful to help clean and treat Sanhas wounds. He lowered himself a little to get a better view of his surroundings. Finally he found a place shielded by trees and giant rocks with the river right next to it. He checked again to see if it really was safe but found nothing, other than some stones. Moonbin laid Sanha down gently using Sanhas jacket as a pillow and his long coat as a cover to keep the younger warm. He turned the other on his side so he could inspect the wound that the arrow had caused.

Moonbin already took out the arrow and bandaged his back before the Shadow people had found the, right now he was cleaning the wound to get rid of as much poison that the arrow was dipped into away. He looked around him trying to find a bowl of some sorts to transport the water so he wouldn't have to hold it in his hands where it would flow out. He sat there looking around him but couldn't find anything so he tried keeping it in his hands which failed miserably because he lost the water before he could even reach Sanha. Worrying about his younger friend and feeling frustrated that he can't help him he picked up a small rock and threw it into the river.

"Ow! Have you lost your mind?" yelled a voice that seemed to come out of the river. Moonbin was so surprised by the presence of someone else that he froze up and couldn't move. Suddenly bubble started to appear on the water surface just a few meters away from Moonbin. A black haired head appeared beneath the surface. A boy with a rather average face rose from the water his eyes shut tight. The boy shook his head which resulted to the water in his hair flying around and getting on Moonbins body. The stranger blinked a few times to get the water out of his eyes. He looked up and gave Moonbin a blinding smile, his eyes closed and dimples appeared on his cheeks.

" Hi, I'm Donghyuk! Why did you throw a stone at me?" The straight to the point question of the stranger named Donghyuk whose body was still in the water took Moonbin off guard which resulted in Moonbin looking like a little child who tried to steal a cookie but was caught by their Mum in the middle of the act. He quickly collected himself to answer Donghyuks question but the damage was already gone and Donghyuk started laughing like crazy his head disappearing from time to time under water.

"Your face looked great! Like a fish out of the water!" laughed Donhyuk. Moonbin raised an eyebrow after hearing the comparison. Since the other was actually the one in the water but he let it go and started to apologize.

"I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you, I was just a little frustrated-"

"Oh, why?"

"My friend got hurt by a poisoned arrow and I wanted to clean his wound but I don't have anything where I can transport the water in." Moonbin looked defeated on the ground.

"I can help!", answered Donghyuk as he started to come out of the water," I can control the water and can try to filter most of the poison out of his bloodstream." By the time Donghyuk finished his sentence he made it out of the water and stood next to the shore in all of his glory. He created a little snake out of the water which he led to Sanhas wound.

"Would you like to cover yourself up with something?" offered Moonbin as he tried to keep his eyes of the star stranger.

"No, it's alright but thanks for asking." answered the other who was kneeling in front of Sanhas back while he was filtering out the poison from the younger's body. Moonbin sat across from Donghyuk studying Sanhas face while Donghyuk was taking out the poison from the others body.

After around fifteen minutes Donghyuk stood up and made the poisoned water fall onto some rocks a few meters away. Happy with the result of his own work he leaned onto a big rock, closing his eyes with a blissful expression on his face. Completely obvious to the person in front of him who was watching him with curious eyes. Shaking his head at the others behavior, Moonbin took out a scarf and bandaged Sanhas back with it. Moonbin finished bandaging the youngers wound as he felt a a pair of eyes  watching him intensely. He looked up meeting the others curious gaze. Moonbin lifted an eyebrow as if to say 'What?'.

"You are Seers aren't you?" asked Donghyuk without hesitation. Moonbin choked on his own breath after hearing the others blunt question. He gathered himself again and looked at the other questioningly.

"How did you know?" Even though Moonbins question was simple it made the other quiet for some time, seemingly pondering how he should answer that question. Finally, he spoke up:

" A long time ago I met a kid he was about 9 years old, he was hurt and said that he was dropped off into the forest as a form of training. When I asked him what kind of training or who has sent him here he didn't answer." Moonbin sat across from Donghyuk crosslegged. He started to get an idea who that kid could be but didn't interrupt the other.

"After I cleaned his wounds I showed him a few tricks on how to survive in the forest, what to eat and not to eat. We started getting really close and he also showed me a few things that he knew. Even though we only spent a day and a night together I felt like I've found a friend in this big and lonely forest. On the next day when I woke up he was already preparing to leave. Before he left he told me that I will find a lot more people like him, the first ones will be two boys one of them will be injured and that I'll heal him. He told me that he was a Seer and that he was preparing to save the world. Shortly after he left with no trace of him ever being here.

At first, I didn't believe him, How could I 'He was completely nuts' I thought. But I somehow always clung to the thought of meeting others like him. I spent years waiting for somebody to come and I was about to lose faith in any of that happening but then you appeared, giving off the same aura as him and having an injured boy with you." He finished his story and Moonbin looked at him impressed.

'That he kept hoping that somebody would come after all these years and believing in the words of a 9 year old boy. He has either got to be crazy or really lonely. Donghyuk had a sad smile on his face remembering his time with the boy who Moonbin felt positive was Chanwoo.

"I think I might know who it is.He is a fellow Seer. His name is Jung Chanwoo."

"Jung Chanwoo? Isn't that the new consultant of the Kings of iKon?" Moonbin looked up surprised.

"What? Chanwoo and Consultant? He wasn't even able to pick up letters, and now he's a Consultant? iKons doomed! " 'How the times have changed, huh?' Moonbin had a relaxing smile on his face as he sat down next to Donghyuk and put his arms behind his head.

"By the way, why are you living in the forest all alone?"

"Well, you see......"

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys Im so sorry I didnt update for two weeks but I wasnt really happy with how the chapter turned out so I had to rewrite it. Anyway I hope youre happy with the new chapter and will leave a comment! :) I could really use some motivation!

What did you like the most in this chapter? Did you expect any of these characters? Did I make some mistakes or confused you? Please tell me so I can make this story better! <3