One

MT Mishaps

Thank you ladycatcvx, lovelypencil, creativePANDAS, aufaa_, disclaimer, theCraft, 23SuperJunior15, DevilDeer85, aarushic_18, DredhezRei, lastrainhome, Annie1017, Baekseungjoohhani, chrysantslurvletters, ByunBaekhyun01, idkmelss, Crush1205, galaxyplusalien, leissa68, and jihuns for subscribing! And hugs to tatertot for subscribing and upvoting!


Kim Jongin hates rabbits.

Not just any kind of rabbits. Those adorable, fluffy ones with the tails that almost seem like genuine cotton. The ones with the soft, silky fur that radiates heat as you pet them, burrowing their little heads in your hand. The ones that wriggle their nose cutely and twitch their ears at every little sound. And he especially hates the ones that have those doe-like, round eyes, and stare at him innocently like he hasn’t just spent the last hour and a half of his morning trying to catch the little motherer.

Now Jongin wasn’t out of shape. He was a dance instructor at the SM Advanced Arts Academy and when he wasn’t teaching complex dance routines with his co-instructor Yixing, he was typically keeping fit by being chased down the halls by his angry coworkers (he and another coworker Sehun had a tendency to get bored during their planning period which often led to them doing very stupid things). In fact, Jongin was quite fit and often got compliments on his figure (except when Baekhyun and Jongdae called him fat because that was when they were just being s).

It all started when Chanyeol suggested they go on a camping MT. Chuseok break had just begun and the leaves on the trees were turning a variety of red, orange, and brown like they did every September. They were all huddled on the couches in the living room of Junmyeon and Sehun’s dorm, like they had done for the past 3 years to decide what to do over the week off. Almost immediately, a flood of rejections and “hell no’s” had been voiced at the idea, turning Chanyeol’s expression to that of a puppy that had been mowed down by a machine gun.

“But-”

“No buts Chanyeol, you know that whenever you suggest an idea everything goes horribly wrong.” Junmyeon said in a stern tone.

“Yeah!” Zitao piped up, “Remember when you suggested that we go to Lotte World last summer and Luhan-”

His sentence was cut off with a gagging noise as Luhan wrapped his fingers around Zitao’s slender neck, saying in a sickly sweet voice, “Zitao sweetheart, we don’t mention the Lottle World incident. EVER.”

“Got it-Ge-” Zitao managed to choke out in gasps before Luhan returned his ability to breathe, the dangerous glint in his eyes unwavering as he flopped back down in Sehun’s lap.

“I wouldn’t mind going on a camping trip,” Minseok spoke up, bringing them back to the original discussion as he usually had to with this group of idiots.

“I wouldn’t have either, but now that Chanyeol’s mentioned it, there’s no way we could go on that trip without it ending in a complete disaster,” Yifan pointed out.

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement as Baekhyun comforted the still sulking Chanyeol, running his fingers through his boyfriend’s hair to soothe him.

“Besides, I don’t think those two could go more than an hour without some form of internet access,” Jongdae added, sending a pointed look in the general direction of Zitao and Sehun. The two aforementioned pouted simultaneously, clearly offended by the comment.

“That’s not fair, hyung! If you’re going to insult the maknaes why didn’t you include Jongin?” Sehun complained, Tao throwing in a “Yeah, insult Jonginnie too!”

“Jongin would like to stay out of this, thank you,” Jongin quickly said as he massaged his temple with his fingers, just wanting for everyone to decide on a destination so he could go back to his dorm and drink the well needed coffee Kyungsoo had brewed for him this morning. However, his comment had only sparked more comments and soon a full blown discussion of no topic in particular had arisen. Every moment he spent sitting there listening to his pea-for-brain friends argue about how they should spend their break made him regret his decision to not drink the coffee beforehand or bring the mug down with him.

Don’t bring it with you, his brain had said, you won’t need it yet, it said.

His brain had clearly forgotten what his friends were like.

Sleep began to cloud Jongin’s mind, and just as he had found a comfortable spot on Minseok’s shoulder- ignoring the glare Jongdae was throwing him (he would have rested his head on his boyfriend’s shoulder but the last time he tried, Kyungsoo had almost dislocated his jaw with a single punch)- his two second nap ended rather abruptly when Junmyeon slammed his hands down on the oak coffee table, effectively silencing everyone in the room.

“For our own protection and safety, we are NOT going camping. Now if someone else doesn’t have another suggestion for a vacation destination we will just spend our week off in the dorms,” he said in a firm tone.

“But hyung...” Chanyeol’s bottom lip jutted out and began quivering as his eyes grew large and watery; Baekhyun’s attempts to comfort him were looking very much like a lost case.

“You know this is for our own good, Chanyeol-ah. We’re not going camping and that’s that.”


Next few chapters will definitely be longer. This is more of an intro than anything.

Going through old writing is so awkward RIP

I got two of my wisdom teeth ripped out today TT^TT Mouth hurts like a motherer ;;

If you enjoyed reading and would like to keep up, please do subscribe, upvote, and comment ^^

Less than three,

PalmerPie