Chapter 5

To Keep You Safe(slow updates)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Reminder: Italics = Character's Thoughts

Minhee's Pov


Ugh... I feel bad that we had to leave the movie. Mark spent money for us to watch but here I am, I just had to be the kind of person who gets scared easily and let Mark waste the money he spent. How did I even end up having a date........... wait no what am I thinking! this isn't a date just a hang out right? yeah, just a hang out...... but to spend it with such a nice and kind guy like Mark, who am I kidding, it's not like I have any feelings for him or if anything he probably thinks of me as just a friend.


"Is there anything you want to eat? Minhee?" Mark asks 


"Huh? Oh... anything is fine really. I'm not that picky when it comes to food."


"Okay! How about we go the cafe a couple blocks away?"


"Sure, that sounds good!"


"Hey, by the way, you sure you're fine? You seem very out of it for the past while. Am I really that boring cause last time I checked I was told I wasn't." Mark turns to me with a playful smile.


" No! It's not that! I guess... I just have a lot on my mind today but to be honest, so far I've had a great time with you today Mark. Thanks, I needed it and to spend it with someone who doesn't mind my presence alone, I'm glad I agreed." I turn and smile back at the shocked Mark.
Shaking out of his trance, Mark smiles back at me, a sincere one.


"Well, I'm glad you've been having fun and to be the person who makes you smile. Now let's get on our way before I keep you out too late and I get in trouble with your aunt."


"I'm sure she wouldn't be that mad besides it looked like she accepted you and plus you ARE her best friend's son so...." I replied turning to Mark again only too see that he just realized the point I had stated, causing me to start laughing and soon Mark as well as we made our way to the cafe.

AFTER THE CAFE

"Well.. see you tomorrow Minhee. Goodnight!" Marks says as he backs away making his way out the gate.

"Yeah, bye Mark. Goodnight!" I reply smiling again.

" Make sure you dream of me! Or else!" Mark yells in an attempt to cheer me up one last time.

" You wish! Night Mark." I say as I close the door behind me.

"So how was your date? Hmm... anything special going on between the two of you?" Auntie asks making me jump. Like seriously I have to get the whole being scared easily thing under control or else I think I might just die from it. Note to self, find a solution though it may be impossible.

"Ugh.. Auntie you know I'm easily scared. Couldn't you have given me some kind of warning?" I sigh out of relief.

" Hehehe...Mianhae, I forgot? Now don't ignore my question, so what's up with you and Mark. Huh?" Auntie asks again with a smirk on her face.

"NOTHING! There's nothing going on. We're just friends." I say out of defense.

"Then what was today's date then?" Auntie replies back.

" We just hung out. We both had nothing to do today so the idea of going to the park to hang came up. Nothing else just two friends hanging out."  Yeah, nothing more than that.......

"Fine. I won't force you to admit but once you do, I won't be surprised cause I saw this coming. You've grown up beautifully both you and your sister. I'm glad I have both of you still." Auntie says pulling me into a hug.

" Now go to bed you still have school tomorrow and your sister called saying she's sleeping over at a friend's house so you'll be home alone in the morning c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter