Are you okay?

Day Care

I TYPED THIS ON MY PHONE AT 2PM SO DONT JUDGE MY MISTAKES OKAY.


 

There Where a number of Things that Jongin had Said to Kyungsoo the other night through his salty tears.

One was that he was 'Sorry because whinnie the pooh reminded him of childhood and he was afraid of growing up' that, 'eating ice-cream made him cry sometimes because his teeth Were too damn sensitive' and Also he was 'sick and tires of people spreading rumours about him that Were not Even close to true'.

It was in that moment that Kyungsoo had vowed to stick up for the younger no matter what the cost. Like a good hyung should.

However over the course of two days, Kyungsoo had come to the conclusion that losing his friend of ten years over a boy he had only met a month ago was a little bit stupid.

Yes, some of the things that the other had Said about Jongin were rude and somewhat harsh. But at the end of the day he knew that Chen was only trying to look out for him. Even if he didn't need to.

Jongdae on the other band, was still angry. Very angry. The day after the incident Chen had refuses to sit anywhere near Kyungsoo at break and lunch. He had Even gone as far as moving away from the other in science class, and when he was invited to the local ice-cream parlour with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, he walked out at the mention of Kyungsoo's name. He was obviously mad. Everyone knew, but no one asked Why...

Well, Chanyeol had but Beakhyun had kicked him from under the table after he uttered the words 'someone's got a temper'

And yes Kyungsoo was still mad at the dino boy, for obvious reasons, but Jongin had been able to calm him down for the most part.

The silver star boy called the latter as soon as they we're out of school on the Thursday and had asked what the hell was going on. Kyungsoo explained what had happened and rather suddenly the younger asked him to come out on Sunday morning with the kids so that the two could talk. And so Kyungsoo got on with his life without thinking about Chen until the Saturday.

He arrived at the Park's house at around half nine. Mrs park had answered the door in her night clothes, her hair tied up in a messy bun and a warm smile.

 "Hello lovely, come in come in." She said stepping aside and welcoming Kyungsoo into the soft pastel themed home. "Jongin is with them already, can you help me with the eggs while I go wake up Anthony. Is that okay?"

"Yeah yeah, it's fine." He said. "You go I'll get started." The short boy made himself at home in the Park's humble kitchen and set about preparing eggs and a couple of other dished for the group he was to be feeding. Mrs park returned again, this time smiling along with her husband.

To Kyungsoo they strangely reminded him of his own parents, always smiling and laughing. Kyungsoo could not image what life would be like to not see his parents together. It was second nature to him that when he thought of happiness he imagined mum, dad and him. It saddened him that jongin could never have that. Could never feel comfort seeing both his mother and father in the same room. He imagined Jongin and his father's as relationship not being good, and it upset the boy greatly.

"Well would you look at that," Mrs park halted his thoughts. "I leave you alone for two miners and you overtake my kitchen," she laughed out. Anthony sat down at his usual spot close to the end of the dinner table and laughed along.

"Well I'm not complaining, it makes a change from your horrible cooking." he bantered. The woman turned to her husband with a mocking shocked look across her face.

"I am offended"

"I love you"

"I know"

 

Jongin entered as Kyungsoo was serving up the plates of egg with Wendy on his shoulders and Jackson on his hip.

He smiled over at his hyung before placing the two children down and walking over to the brown haired male. "Hey," he said softly as the family close to them spoke amongst each other. "Are you okay?"

Jongin placed a comforting arm around Kyungsoo's back and onto his far shoulder as the latter plated up a serving of scrambled eggs for Mr park. He rubbed his hand along Kyungsoo's thin upper arm as the boy replied.

"Yeah, it's fine. I think he just needs time to cool off I think." After plating the food up Kyungsoo turned to the other and it was in that moment he realised how close they were.

Jongins arm had moved its way down Kyungsoo's short frame and was now close to the small of his back. The males chests we're inches apart close to touching. The silver haired boy applied force into the arm he had around the male in front of him and pulled him into a gentle hug. Kyungsoo felt the taller rest his chin atop of his head as the two engaged in the brief embrace. Even though, like most moments with Jongin, the hug seemed to last at least ten minutes.

 "Tell me if your sad okay?" Jongin said as they pulled apart and he placed two hands on the short ones shoulders looking into his eyes with concern. That was the first moment that Kyungsoo really felt like Jongin was real.

The boy stood In front of him was no player, no super hero, no student no son. The boy Infront of him was just Jongin.

 Simple and amazing Jongin.

 And what made Kyungsoo really happy in that moment was, though it could be seen as selfish, it made the boy happy that Jongin cared. It made him happy to be able to see another human care for him. no matter how much Jongins life was messed up and how many of his own problems he had to deal with. (Like the rumours and his parents) Jongin still took time out of his mind to make sure Kyungsoo was okay.

"Are you okay Kyungsoo?" Mrs park had said when the two pulled out of their hug, and had walked over to boil the kettle.

"Whats wrong with soo kai? Is he sick?" Jackson asked innocently from his seat at the table.

"He's not sick!" Wendy said to her sibling "people can hug when they love each other, even if nothing is wrong." She said rather smugly like she was somewhat proud of her statement.

"I'm alright." Kyungsoo reassured everyone in the room. He picked up the last of the plates taking them over to Wendy and her father. "Eat up."

As soon as Kyungsoo was sat down Jongin placed his on the seat across from him and they all began to eat. "Kyungsoo this is delicious, who taught you how to cook?"

"Its just eggs, nothing fancy" Kyungsoo said, "I've been cooking with my farther ever since I could hold a knife. My grandmother taught him all that he has given to me."

The shorter male watched as the whole family, not forgetting Jongin, tucked into their morning meal and chattered amongst themselves. He ate slowly wanting to savour the moment with the lovely children (and Jongin.) as well as the couple who had done nothing but care for the two babysitters since they first entered their home. They are all such kind people.

Kyungsoo's thoughts were interrupted when the silver haired boy let out an ungodly and rather obnoxious moan into his plate. "Soo you need to make all of my meals for me. Can i just like- pay you to come and live with me." He said through a mouthful of food.

"You eat twenty four/seven, and not to mention like a pig."

"I'd prefer to say like a wolf,"

Kyungsoo snorted, "In your dreams! Like hell could you pull off a wolf, the best you could do is a baby bear. You're not intimidating enough to be a wolf."

The table watched the two banter in amusement. The two adults looking at the teenage boys with a hint of knowing in their eyes.

"-aww so you agree that im adorable then?" Jongin said with a teasing smirk.

"Nope you're just not agressive in anyway whatsoever." The boy deadpanned back to the other one.

"I can be aggressive when i need to be..." Jongin pouted to his hyung, unhappy that he was losing the manly aura he always tried to front. Kyungsoo stood, taking his now empty plate to the sink as well as Jackson's cup of juice to refill.

"Kai you're about as aggressive as a chicken nugget, no offense."

His pout increased, "Well i think you look like a penguin."

 

The room fell into a deep silence before it erupted with laughter for their viewers. "Great comeback Jongin" Mr Park said tapping the boy on the shoulder lightly. Jongin groaned when Kyungsoo turned around with a grin on his face.

"You know," Mrs Park paused in order to chew a little, "You two bicker like an old married couple. Are you sure there is not something you guys want to tell us."

Jongin's face flushed with shame and embarrassment. Kyungsoo continued to clean after he replied with a sarcastic "I'm into more aggressive men."

 

 

They were at the cinema by around two o'clock. Wendy said that she wanted to see a new film and surprise surprise Jongin wanted to see the exact same one. Aggressive my .

They bought snacks and entered their screen room, talking up four seats along the back row. Jongin, Kyungsoo, Jackson, Wendy in that order. Wendy had said something about her friend as their mum coming later on. Sure enough the little girl who Wendy referred to as Irene with long blonde hair and her mother arrived in no time. The two babysitters introduced themselves to the polite woman and her daughter just before the adverts started up.

 

The film was pretty childish (something about guardians?) And Kyungsoo was finding it rather hard to concentrate when Kai's thigh was pushed so close to his own.  The boy found it hard not to recall the noise of pleasure that Jongin had made a little earlier in the day while eating and so when Jackson asked if her could go to the toilet with him, he was more than grateful. He carried the small child on his hip through the double doors and to the cinema toilets, moving hastily because Jackson didn't want to miss anything important.

Its should have been no trouble at all. The screen room that they were viewing the film in was only a couple of steps away from the toilets. However god must have had it out for Do Kyungsoo because as soon as he stepped out of the boys bathrooms ,with Jackson again balanced on his hip, he spotted a familiar face. And they spotted him too.

Chen strode over to the short boy and the child and when he arrived infront of the two no one spoke for a while, until Jackson whispered to Kyungsoo that he was missing the film.

"I'm sorry here you go," Kyungsoo said putting Jackson down. "Will you be okay, do you remember where we are sat?"

"Yes." He said tugging on the heavy door for Kyungsoo to open it. He smiled and patted his head a little, so cute.

"Tell the others i won't be long"

"Okay"

 

Kyungsoo turned back to Jongdae with his well known pokerfaced, pretending to be unaffected by the other. In reality though he was frightened of what the other boy might have to say.

"Hey " Chen said looking dead into Kyungsoo's orbs, "I want all of my back from your house."

Kyungsoo lifted a brow at the taller one, "Thats it?"

"Yeah I'm not going to waste my time with you for anything else am i?"

"Sorry but you'll have to get back to me at some point. As you can see I'm at work right now." He said, staring down the other intensely. Anger slightly bubbling up inside.

"Oh sorry i didn't realise that wasn't your own kid. You know with the amount you sleep around it's no wonder you don't have one already." Chen laughed sarcastically.  

"Sorry that you have to attack other people's lives because yours is so unsatisfactory." Kyungsoo deadpanned.

"You're such a ."

"If you think I'm a why are you still talking to me."

The door into the screen room opened a little and Jongin emerged from the darkness of the room. He looked worried up until he saw who's company Kyungsoo was in. He slid over to the short boy and placed a hand on the small of his back. "Is everything okay?" He said. Voice thick with venom and bitterness.

"Perfectly." Kyungsoo replied while still glaring at Jongdae.

All that the other did though was utter a "Don't come crawling to me when you get hurt." before walking away from Jongin and Kyungsoo into the male toilets.

 

"Are you okay" Jongin muttered into the shorter males ear after a while of them standing completely still. Kyungsoo cleared his throat awkwardly and looked over at him.

"Yeah I um," he said slowly "your err arm is still around me. Not that I'm really against it." He laughed out. "It could get me mad popularity at school"

"I hate you." Kai replied sarcastically, directing his hyung back into the theatre. They finished up with the film and decided that after they had taken the kids back, the two boys would go out to the park that was local to the two. With a few heart-warming farewells from the two adorable children and the Parks (as well as some money) the two we're on their way. With a freshly bought sandwich in each hand Kyungsoo made his way over to his most cherished spot in the public garden.

Between the rose bushes and the daisy field. 

 


Next chapter is gonna be cute as oh my god i cant wait ~Lucy