Jealously & "Just a friend"

Day Care

It was five days later that Kyungsoo was seated on a slightly wet bench in their local park observing Jongin playing with his dogs and the kids. They had taken them out for a while so that Mrs park was able to go shopping for some general household essentials without having to drag around the two balls of energy with her. Kyungsoo was cold and slightly uncomfortable, so as soon as jongin came and sat with him on the bench, he embraced the younger's body heat. Scooting closer slightly.

"They are so cute" Jongin said after a little while of looking out towards the kids who were now talking it in turns on the slide. "I want to squish them until they suffocate because they are so adorable"

"I honestly can't tell if you're on about your dogs or the kids" Kyungsoo laughed turning towards the other with a cheeky grin on his face.

The park was mostly full, busy with children running and playing. And so at first it didn't look as though the girl with the pretty blonde (dyed hair) was walking towards them both. However as soon as she was stood directly in front of Jongin and Kyungsoo, they finally caught on. The girl looked down at Kyungsoo a pretty blush across her face. She opened her pouty lips to speak but when no words came out she simply handed a small scrap of paper to Kyungsoo and scurried away. Kyungsoo and Jongin both looked down at the bit of paper and noticed it had a number written on it in fancy pink writing.

Finally they both caught on and Kyungsoo slipped the number inside of his coat pocket. She was pretty, it's a shame he didn't swing that way.

Neither of the two spoke after that, they simply sat in silence until the two children came back over to them saying that they were cold and wanted to go back.

"You know" Little Wendy said "Kai looks like my mummy does when daddy does something that she doesn't like"

"He does." Jackson added on.

"Are you two boyfriend and girlfriend?" The two blushed

"They're both boys though"

"But Soo is really pretty he could be a girl if he wanted to"

"Kai is pretty too"

"Would that make them boyfriends then?" The two wittered on until they reached the Park house again. Jongin slightly blushing at the strangeness of the two's convocation.

They had dinner with Mr and Mrs Park (Kyungsoo helped Mr Park to cook while Jongin helped to put the children to bed. They had had their tea a little early) And for the rest of the night Kyungsoo and Jongin did not speak directly to each other until they were both home and tucked into bed. 

Kyungsoo's phone buzzed next to his head and he groggily pulled it up to his ear. His voice was low and raspy from his almost sleeping state as he answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Let's go out on Saturday"

"Who is this and why?"

"It's me, and because we only hang out when the kids are around."

"Hey Jongin" The older groaned sleepily.

"Hello Kyungsoo," he could hear the other laughing quietly through the phone in his slightly tired voice. And god did Jongin sound hot when he was tired. "So come out with me?"

"Ugh if i must."

 

 

Jongin had insisted that they go to his favourite chicken place, and so here Kyungsoo was with a plate full of fried chicken and a diet lemonade to share between the two of them.

"-so now that you've gotten a contract for this dance studio thing, does that mean that you'll have less free time because you're practicing more?"

"No i'll probably have more time to be honest, i wasted so much of my time practicing for that audition when i shouldn't have really been stressed out about it anyways"

"I really want to see you dance"

"I really want to see you sing" Jongin said back with a smirk, taking another bit of chicken to his mouth and biting down on it. He seemed to be really trying his best to not make a mess but for the most part he was failing. There was bits of the batter scattered across the plate in front of him and he'd even gotten a little sauce on his face.

"Jongin you've got stuff on you" Kyungsoo giggled a little at the puppy boy. Jongin sighed, putting down his chicken and picking up a napkin.

"This happens every time," He wined, wiping around his mouth in a slow fashion, trying his hardest to regain a slight bit of his dignity. However failing. He turned to Kyungsoo and asked, "Is it gone?" Kyungsoo shook his head with a no and the other passed the napkin onto him. "Get it for me hyung" He pouted.

"The things i do for you." Kyungsoo cleaned him up real nice and as soon as Jongin was able to see other things that just Kyungsoo he noticed something, or rather someone from across the room.

"." He said as the other person started coming closer to them both.

"What?" Kyungsoo said looking around the room and seeing a tall boy with blonde hair heading towards them.

"It's Sehun, i told him i couldn't hang out today because i was working on a project" He replied, pulling his hood up over his silver head of hair but it was too late. The other already knew it was him.

As soon as the other reached the table, he slid into the booth across for the other two boys and smiled. "Hi Jongin!"

"Hi" Jongin groaned, trying to not make eye contact.

"You didn't tell me you were dating, is this your little project then?"

"We're no-"

"I'm Kyungsoo," He cut off Jongin slightly. "We're in lit class together" Kyungsoo  said leaning over the table to shake Sehun's hand.

He shook it lightly, before leaning down to take a piece of the two's chicken.

"Hey if you're going to eat you could at least pay" Jongin said to the other, slapping the boys hand away.

"If you don't want to hang out with me you could at least tell me instead of making lame excuses." Sehun  snapped back at Jongin.

"Um- I'm sorry about that, it was my idea to say about the project." Kyungsoo intersepted looking down at his lap and twiddling his thumbs. "It's just that i didn't want anyone to know that me and Jongin are dating so i told him to say we were working on a project when you asked to hang out. We've been planning today for a long time now and i really didn't want to have to wait any longer. I hope you don't mind. I really don't want to ruin yours and Jongin's friendship." Kyungsoo acted out in the best pity inducing tone he could muster. before finally looking up at Sehun with fake tears in his eyes.

 The kid was annoying and kind of a brat. He wanted him to leave as soon as he could get him to. He then looked over at Jongin sat beside him, his eyes were as wide as the moon and there was a pink hue tinting his ears that did not go unnoticed by the elder. "R-right Jongin?"

The younger boy finally coughed slightly before linking his hand with Kyungsoo's "Yeah baby."

Whoa.

Kyungsoo really liked the way he said baby.

Sehun was looking dumb and awkward. Jongin saw this as a chance to get the hell out, before Sehun came out of his trace and started to ask questions. He looked at his phone, pretending to check the time and widened his eyes. ", baby its 6 we need to hurry or we'll miss it."

"Oh okay, um it was nice to meet you Sehun."

"You too"

"Please finish the chicken for us"

"For real?"

"Yeah."

Jongin really wanted that chicken.

 

 

About an hour later they were at Kyungsoo's house. Jongin was wrapped up in a bundle of Kyungsoo's blankets with the latter's legs laying across his own in a casual fashion.

As soon as they stepped in, Kyungsoo and the taller one made their way up to the boys room. Kyungsoo grabbed a pillow and his duvet, along with a change of clothes and he plotted back down the stairs as though Jongin had been here a million times.

The two boys were watching 'the fox and the hound', which just so happened to be one of the films that made Jongin blub like an idiot. His soft cries filled the room and Kyungsoo had a comforting hand placed on his head to calm his sobs. Not that it would ever work, Jongin was a big baby.

Jackson was more of a man than Kai would ever be.

The sound of Kyungsoo's mobile ringing woke the boy up from hi comforting position, however it took everything in him not to groan when he looked at the contact image.

"What is it Baek?"

"What are you doing right now?" The boy on the other end asked enthusiastically.

"I'm watching a film with a friend why?"

The other end was silent for a few seconds before Baekhyun spoke again. "With who?"

"Oh you probably don't know him." Kyungsoo deadpanned, wanting the convocation to be over as soon as it could be. He was still very secretive when it came to talking with or hanging out with Kai. It wasn't as though he was embarrassed by the younger boy, in fact, it was the complete opposite.  If his friends found out that Kyungsoo had so much as touched Kai it would be all over the school (maybe even the town) within hours. Jongin was at this point an idol of the school. And Kyungsoo - well he was just - Kyungsoo. If people found out the boy was friends with Jongin soon enough he would have people befriending him in order to get to the younger boy. And so whenever Kyungsoo had a funny story to tell about the two's time together, he was always just 'Kai'.

"Kyungsoo."

"Yeah?"

"You never hang out with anyone unless you are forced to."

"What's your point?"

"Tell me who you're with"

Jongin was still blubbing like an idiot and by this point he was missing Kyungsoo's soft comforting touch. And so he pulled his body up slightly making it easy for the taller to cuddle into the boy slightly. He cried into the boys neck a little as the other replied to Baekhyun with a simple why should I?. "Soo" he whined a little, mad that the elder was still on the phone. It was not his intention for it to sound that way it did - or be as loud as it was.

"Kyungsoo oh my god did someone just moan, what the hell."

"No nobody moaned."

"ARE YOU HAVING RIGHT NOW KYUNGSOO BECAUSE I SWEAR TO GOD."

"NO I AM NOT HAVING BAEKHYUN."

"WELL IT SURE AS HELL SOUNDS LIKE IT!"

"I'M HANGING UP BAEKHYUN."

"WHA-"

Jongin left a couple of hours after the two ate some of Kyungsoo's homemade kimchi spaghetti. Kai praised the boy intensely between his first to last mouthful and even ten minutes after that.  And soon after that Kyungsoo received a text from no other than the heteroual dragon that preferred to go by the name Chen than he did his real name.

Baekhyun told me uve got a boi. congrats fam.

Kyungsoo turned off his phone for the rest of the weekend.