A Night Woman

I Love Myself

 

My name is Bae Suzy. I am a e. 

 

“Suzy-ah, have you finished already?” Yuri’s voice startled me.

 

“Hemm. Just a minute.” I put a red earring, which match with my bloody red low-cut dress, in my left ear and walked toward the door. I opened the door. “I’m ready now.” 

 

Yuri looked at me from the top to the bottom and nodded silently. She raised her thumb. “As always, you look so pretty Bae Suzy. No wonder Mommy likes you more than the others.”

 

I kept my face straight as I asked “Where is she?”

 

“She is waiting for you in the living room with the fresh chicks. Come on, let’s go there. You know that Mommy doesn’t like to wait for too long right?” Yuri grabbed my hand and pulled me.

 

Fresh chicks. The term that Yuri just used to describe a bunch of new innocent young women who will work as a night woman under Mommy’s surveillance made my blood boil. However, I know that I couldn’t direct my anger toward Yuri. She is a victim, just like me. If there is someone I should get angry with, it should be Mommy.

 

A woman in her forties that all of the girls here call as Mommy sit in one of the sofa. Leg crossed. Cigarette in one hand. In front of her five young girls which Yuri referred as fresh chicks before stand nervously. Even only by seeing their backs, I could guess their ages. Fifteen or sixteen at the most. The same age as me when I first came to this cursed place.

 

I shrugged the thought from my brain as I walked closer to them. I could hear Mommy’s words from this distance. “Don’t worry pretties, as long as you work hard, Mommy will treat you nicely.” Her smile looked more like grimace in my eyes. She looked up when she saw me.

 

“Oh Dear. You are here already.” Her voice was too cute for a woman in her age. At first I found it disgusting, but now I’m used to it. 

 

I nodded. “You call me Mommy?”

 

Mommy nodded slightly and raised her hand toward Yuri. She understood right away, as she bowed and left the room. Mommy turned her gaze back to the five young girls “Pretties, this is Eonni that Mommy mentioned before. She is the one who will assist you and tell you all the things that you have to do. She is also the most favourite one here. So you can ask and learn from her. How to dress up. How to put make up. How to act cute in order to attract customers.” Mommy looked at me with pride on her eyes, as if I was her best trophy.

 

I forced a smile. “Hello girls. My name is Bae Suzy. Just like what Mommy has said, you can tell me if you need anything.”

 

One of the girl, the one with long hair and a bit too much make up which made her look older than her actual age, looked at me with enthusiasm. “Eonni you are really pretty. Please help me so that I can become like you. I want to be the belle here.

 

This is the type of fresh chick that I hate the most. The one who is willingly came and work as a e. Oops. Did I just say fresh chick? Well, for this type of girl the term is suitable. 

 

I don’t know what Mommy promised her or how she deceived this girl. But she seems to be happy to be here. 

Yet for me, she is just stupid. She doesn’t realise that she just sold, not only her body, but also her life. Her future.

Mommy laughed. “Good spirit Pretty. But you still have a long way to go before you can be like this Eonni. You…”

“Mommy.” I cut her. “There are many things that they should prepare if you want them to be ready for tonight. So, if you have nothing more important to say, we’ll get going.” No one here dare to speak like that to Mommy. Except me.

And it seems that Mommy has gotten used to it. Because then she just nodded and waved her hand. A dismissing signal. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I lead the five girls to their room. “Alright girls, from now on this will be your room. There are several dresses which you can pick to do your job. As for the make up you will have to provide it for yourself. But because you are still new, you can borrow from me or the other Eonnis here. Later on when you get your payment you can use it to buy more dresses and make up. Of course after give 65% of it to the Mommy first.” Those are an explanation which flowed from my mouth naturally. As I’ve said it numerous times before.

 

I could even predict the question that will be asked after this. 

 

“What? 65%? But Mommy said that it will be fifty-fifty. Even forty-sixty. That was what she said to my parents.” The girl with too much make up from the previous one, which turned out has a beautiful name; Taeyeon, asked the predictable question.

 

“That’s right Taeyeon. But you have to wait several months for it. Until your tariff reach a certain amount. When that happens, you can save more of the payment for yourself.” I explained patiently.

 

She looked disappointed. “But Mommy said….” She couldn’t finish her words. For the first time since I met her I could feel pity for her.

 

“All of you listen to me. Mommy is a dangerous woman. You should behave appropriately in front of her. Try not to make her angry or displeased with you. Because you’ll not be able to imagine the punishment. However if you can appeal good in front of her, you can attract many customers and earn a lot of money, she will treat you nicely. And believe me you don’t want to see the bad side of her.” I warned them whole heartedly. This was the only advice which I could give to them. At least this what they could do to make their life here bearable.

 

“Is there any other question?” I asked them.

 

The most pretty among all, Yoo Jung, spoke for the first time. “When will we start working Eonni? Is it tonight?” I could see fear in her eyes. 

 

I smiled encouragingly. “Yes Yoo Jung. But don’t worry. For the time being you will only need to serve one man only. And Mommy’s bodyguard will also guide you.”

 

She tried to be brave as she opened to ask further question. However when she speak her voice was shaking. “Will we… Will we be able to quit working here if we don’t want it anymore Eonni?”

 

I saw that coming. But this has never an easy question to be answered. “I’m afraid the answer is no, Yoo Jung. You can’t quit because you don’t want to work anymore. As long as you still can earn money for Mommy, you will still be here.” I tried to select my words carefully because I didn’t want to scare them. Nevertheless I could see Yoo Jung trembled.

Like I’ve indicated before, this is not my first time meeting new girls who will work for Mommy. I’ve met many girls before. So I knew. I knew which one came here because the situation forced them to, which one came because they are being sold, which one came because they are being deceived, or which one came willingly because they thought that they could earn much money and help improving their family condition by working here. 

For certain, Yoo Jung is not belong to the last category. So am I.

 

“I don’t know how you can end up here Yoo Jung. But because you are already here, you have to follow the rule.” I gave her one sad smile.

 

“As for my last advice. Never trust anyone here. Not even me.” I closed the door to let them have some rest before their first night serving customer.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Sorry for making you wait, Sweetie.” For a man in his forties, he still looks handsome and cool with his casual outfit. 

 

Immediately I control my expression. ‘Never let your true feeling be known.’ That what I learned after all the years working as a e girl. I gave him a seducing smile. “Not at all. I also just come. So shall we go to the room directly, Oppa?” I gave him an aegyo.

 

He put his hand around my shoulder. An act which made me shiver and tremble uncontrollably at my first night. But now, I just lean closer and whispered in his ears “You look handsome tonight, Oppa.”

 

He moved his hand to my waist and hugged me even tighter. “I can’t wait to spend the night with you, Darling.” He kissed my cheek and lead me to the suite room that he has booked before. 

 

And here I am. Spending a long night to satisfy the lust of rich man who aren’t satisfied with the wives they have back at their huge mansions. Just like yesterday night. And countless nights before.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Mommy, this is the payment that I got from last night.” I gave her 35% of the fee. 

 

Because I’m the most popular girl among all Mommy’s girls or I can say I am the ‘belle’ here, Mommy charged a very high tariff for those who want to get my service. My clients were also not ordinary people. They varied from actor until big politician. That’s why even with only 35% of the fee, the amount is much bigger than 50% of the fee which she usually collect from the other girls. 

 

Mommy looked at the money like a cat who saw fish. She took it and gave me a wide smile. “Thank you Dear. You are really my gold mine.”

 

I began to walk away when she stopped me with her words. “Suzy Dear. I saw how hard you work for these couple of weeks. That’s why Mommy decided to give you three days break. Starting from tonight, you can take time off from serving the customer.”

I looked at her, almost couldn’t hide my happiness. Fortunately I still protect my expression and gave her a flat response. “It’s not usual for you to do that Mommy.”

 

She smiled even more wider, showing me her polished teeth. She still looked young and pretty with her routine beauty treatment and trendy appearance. “Business are good these days. And you have brought a lot of money for Mommy Dear. So I thought for long and come up with this present. You like it right Dear?”

 

I just nodded slightly. “Thank you Mommy.”

 

Annoyed by my flat response, she said “Rest well Dear. So you can refresh yourself and earn more money. But remember not to do anything stupid again Dear. You know you are Mommy’s favourite. It breaks my heart to see you get hurt, Baby.”

 

I knew Mommy said those sentences to make me angry. That’s why I tried my best to look calm as I answered, “Don’t worry Mommy. I’m not a hot-blood teenager who acts without thinking deeply anymore.” 

 

With that I walked back to my room. Looks like I would have a peace night tonight.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Heyy.. So here is an update.

I know this chapter is kinda frustrating.

But I need this to show you Bae Suzy's  background.

Things will get more interesting after this. The boys will come into the picture.

 

Anyway, I want to say Happy New Year 2016 for all of you guys.

May His blessing always be with you for the whole year ahead.

 

For God be the glory :)