I Had a Dream.

I Love Myself

 

When I was eight years old, I had a dream.

Not a strange thing; since another young girls around those age usually also need not time to answer; when someone ask them what they want to become in the future.

Most of their answers will be “doctor”. 

I don’t know why, but even from the point of view of children, doctor is a cool job.

 

Usually those dreams of what-I-want-to-become-for-my-future will change as they grow up. Some because they understand more about what they actually like, what they are passionate about. Some because they follow their parents, what their parents want them to do and to be. Some because the condition forces them to be or not to be what they want. 

 

However, amazingly for the rest, they have known what they want for their future and it never shift. No matter where life brings them, no matter how hard the situation is, no matter how long time has passed, they just continue to live diligently to pursue it. “It”, is what people call as dream.

 

When I was eight years old, I had a dream.

No. Not just a dream. But several dreams.

 

“Here, Suzy-ah. You can write down everything you want for your future here.” Appa held out a medium-sized book to me. The cover is very pretty; with many butterflies and blue as the background color. 

 

I looked at him. “Everything I want Appa?”

 

He gave me a warmth smile. “Yes, Dear. Everything that you want for your future. People call it as dream. Appa wants you to be a person with dreams. Because with dreams you will have guidance to live your life. Even when your dreams might still change later on. But with dreams your life will be more interesting and meaningful. With dreams you will have a life that you will not regret, Suzy-ah.”

 

After that I started to write in the first page of the book. With the typical handwriting of eight years old kid, I wrote: 

 

                                                            Bae Suzy’s Dreams :

  • To be a pianist. (Like Appa. Suzy likes it when Appa plays the piano and Omma sings.)
  • To live together with Appa and Omma until Suzy’s hair becomes white.
  • To study in Julliard. (Appa said it’s a cool place for those who love music. Like Suzy.)
  • To have a verrrryyy big house with a swimming pool. (Just like Krystal house.)
  • To have a boyfriend like prince charming in Cinderella.
  • To have someone who will say “Sarangheo” everyday to Suzy. (Just like Appa to Omma.)

  • To have a big family. (Because it kinds of lonely with only Suzy, Appa, and Omma.)

 

Since that, every night I would open and read Bae Suzy’s Dreams without fail. Then I would sleep while still hugging the book with smile plastered on my lips. 

 

“Dream big Suzy-ah. So even when you can’t achieve it, even when it shatters, the shattered pieces are still big enough.” That also what Appa used to say. 

 

However, amazingly for the rest, they have known what they want for their future and it never shift. No matter where life brings them, no matter how hard the situation is, no matter how long time has passed, they just continue to live diligently to pursue it.

 

I envy those type of people. As I am someone with no right of dreaming.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

For God be the glory :)

NB : I got the "Dream big sentences" from Hearstring Korean Drama.