Run Away

I Love Myself

I looked at my bank book. The number that I saw there made me smile. “Finally. The time has come.” I whispered to myself.

 

 

“Suzy.” I could hear Mommy’s voice call me from downstair.

 

 

“Yes. Wait a minute.” I tied my hair into a ponytail and left the room.

 

 

Finding her, in her usual spot, with the cigarette that seems couldn’t be separated from her in her left hand, I gave her a tint smile, “What is it Mommy? You look so happy.”

 

 

“You’ve got a client.” She smiled wider.

 

 

“So? What’s so special with that?” I gave her a straight face. Confused. “I have so many clients everyday, what’s new then?”

 

 

“The client that is new, Dear. And also special. He is a politician. One of the most powerful in the nation.” Mommy explained enthusiastically. “When I showed him your picture, immediately he falls for you. He will wait for you in G Hotel, Diamond room, tonight.”

 

 

I never care with the background of the clients that I need to satisfy. For me, they are all the same : Animal. Yeah, that’s how I see them. “Do you forget Mommy? But I’ve been booked for tonight.”

 

 

“Don’t worry about that, Mommy will take care of it. You just have to serve this special client, tonight. Don’t you hear me? He is one of the famous politician in our nation, which means that he is so rich. He will pay you triple your usual fee.” still in her enthusiastic mode, she explained to me.

 

 

Upon hearing “triple”, I couldn’t help, but smile. “I’m going to need it”, is what I thought in my head. “Alright Mommy. I’ll serve him then.”

 

 

“Put on your best dress, go to salon to have your face and hair done. I want you in your best tonight. Make him satisfied with your service. Is that be understood?”

 

 

I gave her my sweetest smile possible. Almost the most sincere smile that I ever showed her, “Yes, Mommy. Thank you.” I paused. “For this one and for everything that you have done for me up until now.” 

 

 

Mommy couldn’t hide her startled face. Up until now, I always select my word carefully and never let my expression be seen. But just now was different. This is the last time I’m going to see her anyway. Even though I really hate her, she is still the one that give me place to stay all this years. That’s what my “thank you” for.

 

 

Although she was shocked, but it seemed that she didn’t want to press further, as she only said, “Don’t disappoint me!”

 

***

 

“So, you are really going to do that tonight?” Yuri’s sentences sounded more like a statement rather than a question.

 

 

“Yeah, I’m. You are not going to stop me, aren’t you?” I asked softly.

 

 

“As if it will change your mind.” She gave me sarcastic look.

 

 

I smiled. “You know this is what I’ve been waiting for all along.”

 

 

With a glint of sadness in her eyes, Yuri nodded. “I know Suzy-ah. This is what you have been longed for.”

“Finally, the time has come, huh?” For the last sentence, Yuri said it more to herself.

 

 

I took her hand. “Yuri-ah, thank you for everything you have done for me up until now. You know, you are one of those few people who keeps me sane in this rotten place. I’ll never forget you. One day, I’ll definitely come back for you.” I said sincerely.

 

 

“You already know the risk, that’s why I’m not going to start again, but still.. Take care. Go. As far as you can. Never go back here. I don’t wish to see your face again after this.” She said it with tears in her eyes.

 

 

“Yuri-ah…”

 

 

“It’s dangerous. Even when you think you are safe already, but if you try to contact me, whatever methods you use, Mommy will be able to use it to find you. That’s why, once you gain your freedom, don’t ever look back. You deserve to be happy, more than anyone else, Suzy-ah.”

 

 

This time, I couldn’t hold back my tears. I hugged her. “So are you, Yuri-ah. So are you.”

 

 

We hugged each other, no one said anything anymore for a while; until a knock in the door startled us. 

It’s Kim Yoo Jung.

 

 

I quickly wiped my tears. Forcing a smile, I greeted her, “Yoo Jung-ah. You need something?”

 

 

Closing the door behind her, she faced me. “Eonni, you’re leaving?”

 

 

Startled, I looked at Yuri. She shook her head. 

 

 

“Mianhae Eonni. I accidentally heard you, when you were talking with Sehun Oppa this morning. But don’t worry, I won’t report you. I just want to hear it directly from your mouth. Is that true Eonni? You’re leaving this place?” Yoo Jung is almost crying by now.

 

 

I breathed heavily. Joo Yung and I have grown closer this two years. I have regarded her as my own little sister. 

 

 

“Yoo Jung-ah. Look at me. What you heard is true. Eonni is leaving. I’m sorry, I can’t protect you anymore. I’m sorry.” 

 

 

Yoo Jung shook her head. “Ani, Eonni. It’s okay, don’t worry about me.” She said in between her sobs. “Just don’t forget me.”

 

 

This time, I hugged Yoo Jung. “Of course, I won’t. Mianhae, Yoo Jung-ah.” I her back.

 

 

After a moment, Yoo Jung calmed down. “Is there anything I can help you with, Eonni?” She asked with determination in her face.

 

 

“No. I don’t want to drag you into this.”

 

 

“Suzy is right. You know what will happen if Mommy know you take part on this, Yoo Jung-ah.” Yuri said behind me.

 

 

“I know. But, this is the last thing I can do for you, Eonni. I’ll help so I won’t have any regret, whatever the consequences.” There was determination in her voices.

 

 

I shook my head, but before I could say anything, Yoo Jung started to speak again. “Eonni, I’m fully aware with the consequences. But I’ve decided to help you. This is the only way I can pay your kindness to me. Please let me be.”

 

I looked straight into her eyes, “Are you sure?”

 

 

She nodded. 

 

 

“Alright, then. You can help me, by creating a distraction here. Buy me a time, so Mommy won’t immediately know that I’m escaping.” With a heavy heart, I asked her this favour. Until the end, I still be a burden, for those whom actually matter the most for me. But my selfishness won over me this time. 

 

 

“Alright. I’ll do my best, Eonni.” You Jung took my right hand and holding it.

 

 

“Don’t leave me behind, Suzy-ah. I’ll also help.” Yuri winked her eye and took my left hand.

 

 

I smiled to both of them and looked in front. Telling myself, that everything is gonna be okay. Trying to be brave.

 

***

 

“This is your fee, Pretty. I’m so satisfied tonight. Thank you. I’ll contact you again.” My client, the politician, winked at me.

 

 

I pinched his cheek flirtatiously, “Glad to hear that, Love. See you.” I gave him a kiss bye.

 

 

Waving my hand, I watched him getting into his car and disappeared into the darkness of the night.

 

 

I was in the lobby of the hotel. Immediately, Luhan, one of the bodyguards that especially hired to look after me, approached me. “Let’s go back now.”

 

 

“Where is Sehun?” I asked Luhan about my another bodyguard.

 

 

“Oh, right. He is still in phone. I’ll go call him.” Wuhan started to turn around. 

 

 

“No need. Let him finish his business. I still want to take pictures in this luxurious hotel. Can you help me?” I gave him my phone.

 

 

A groan escaped from Luhan’s mouth. He clutched his stomach. His face was pale. 

 

 

“What happen Lu? Are you sick?” I asked with concern.

 

 

“Truth is I have stomachache. I don’t know why, but I had gone back and forth to the toilet for several times by now.” Luhan seemed to be in so much pain. 

 

 

“Then go to the toilet. I also want to re-touch my make up.” I gave him a comforting smile.

 

 

“But no one will look after you.”

 

 

At that time, I look Sehun walked toward our direction. What a good timing! “Ahh. That’s Sehun. You can go to the toilet now. I’ll ask Sehun to wait in front of the woman’s toilet.” I told Luhan who brightened up and ran towards the man’s toilet immediately.

 

 

Shun walked faster toward me. “The preparation is ready. I’ve marked the window, which you can escape from.”

 

 

“Sehun-ah, thank…”

 

 

“Come on, Suzy. There is no time for this.” He didn’t let me finish my sentences and dragged me towards, the woman’s toilet, which was located quite far from the man’s toilet.

 

 

“This is your bag. Now, go. Don’t get caught.” Shun said with a stern voice, but didn’t look me in the eye.

 

 

“Will you be okay? Won’t you regret, helping me like this?”

 

 

“We have talked about that, Su. It’s not you who came to me, it’s me who proposed to help you. So, of course, I won’t regret it. Now, you really have to go, Luhan can come out at any moment.” 

 

 

I stayed quiet for a moment and observed him. “Thank you, Sehun-ah.” 

 

 

At that, Sehun raised his face and looked at me for the first time. I gave him a sincere smile. “Good bye.”

 

 

I didn’t know how he response to that, as I quickly entered the woman’s toilet, removed my shoes, and using the closet as a foothold, I escaped from the window, that Sehun has marked from the outside, before.

 

***

I ran and ran. 

 

 

Hopefully Yoo Jung succeed in making a distraction, so she could buy me time to reach my destination. I need to go to the station. There is a small city outside Seoul, where my parents once took me when I was a kid. That city is where I’m heading right now.

 

 

I’ve always wanted to run away from that dirty place. Since the first time I’ve been brought there, my only objective is to leave. 

 

 

This was not my first attempt to run away. It was one year after I’ve been forced to be a e, or three years ago, that I tried to sneak out. I had managed to get back to my old hometown, just for one day, before Mommy could find me and dragged me back. 

 

 

That time, the punishment I got was unimaginable. Yet, it never stopped me to plan this escape again. I’m not stupid though, if during my first attempt, I was still naive and didn’t have a well-thought plan, right now is different. I’m on my legal age and I have more than enough money to survive on my own. 

 

 

The only thing I regret is that I have to drag people that love me to take part in this escaping plan. This afternoon, Yuri helped me to sneakily mix laxative into Luhan’s coffee, while Sehun distracted him. Without that, I would not be able to get away from Luhan’s tight stakeout earlier. 

 

 

As for Sehun, I know he has always been in love with me, even when he has always tried to hide it. I didn’t want to use him like that, but it was him that came to offer his help, when he first heard about my run away plan, when I talked to Yuri, two years ago. And because I was desperate, I agreed. Now, even after two years has passed, he still kept his promise.

 

 

Now the only thing I need is to be succeed. I need to change this from an attempt to an actual successful escaping plan. Only with that, I can repay Yuri, Sehun, and also Yoo Jung. 

 

 

“I hope the three of you will be alright. Now and years ahead.” I whispered in my heart.

 

 

The station is near already. I turned my head to make sure that no one was after me and jumped to cross the highway.

 

 

Because I was not fully concentrated, I didn’t see a car speeding towards my direction. 

 

***


I know. I know. It has been very long since my last update.

And I'm so sorry for that.

Even after this, I can't promise the next update.

But I'm going to try with my best.

The story will get even interesting after this, so please bear with me.

PS : I 'm so happy right now, because I'm going to Korea tomorrow, to have an exchange for one full semester!!!!!!!  This has always been my dream. I finally can visit the places that I could only see in the K-Drama, all this time. Arghhhhhhh. *scream* *too happy to be spilled into words*. 

It's all only because of His grace. I can do nothing without Him. My Sherperd, my Helper, my Great Advisor.

TO HIM BE THE GLORY ;)