[8/?]

Mvtsqanth.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

a/n. holaaaaaaa. happy new year everyone \^______^/

Good news is I've found us a beta/proofreader. please welcome the flower ikemen cassie_minnie. She.. oops. I mean, he is responsible for every lil mistake you bump into this fic. LET ME REPEAT. HE'S RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERY SINGLE MISTAKE YOU MEET in this fic. yaaaaayyy. i'm sooo happyyy. /dance dance dance/.

if you have any complaint or displeasure of dissatisfaction, feel free to floor him with greetings. XDDD

another good (or not too good for some of us)  news is junsu is taken. by that, i'm not sure whether I would write more about him because he has had himself a great person. I feel like respecting him and blah blah blah. I might still write him if my mood strikes but i'm not sure whether i'd write the same pairing or het one. hehe.

 

 

 

 

Eight.

 

 

 


Why must it be Changmin and Junsu, his best friend? Why not anyone else? Why not that Yeonhee model girl? Why not Kibum? Why not one of the store staffs? Why Junsu? Why, Min?

“I’m sorry.” Changmin genuinely apologizes. “I’m sorry it has to be this way.”

“You are not sorry.” Yoochun rebuts. “You said you’re not sorry.”

“I’m sorry I hurt you.” Changmin is guilty but he has to do it. “I’m sorry I’m not in the right mind downgrading your sincerity and willingness. I want to, really want to have us back the way we used to be, the way we should be if my mind isn’t bothered by something else.”

“We could give it a try.” Yoochun holds on. “It’s not easy, I know. We’d gone through worse time, Min. Our wedding was postponed because of it but look, we’re still together.”

“Chun.” Changmin reaches his soon to be ex fiance’s hand. “I definitely would give it a try with you. I would, but I’m thinking about someone else right now. How is it a fair try if you are the only one keeping our engagement going?”

Yoochun’s hand is cold. “Can’t we just forget everything and start over? I could try to forget what you did. I could ask.. We could leave it as past incident, couldn’t we?” He tries again even though the more he holds onto it the clearer it is for him that they don’t walk on the same path anymore. He wants and is willing to make a difficult step forward and ahead but Changmin wants to stop and take left turn.

“Wouldn’t it hurt you more?”

Maybe it wouldn’t. Maybe he just wants to believe he would be able to overcome this.

“I don’t want to hurt us further.” Changmin squeezes the cold hand. “I love you and I want the best for you, Chun. I can’t be the best Changmin for you right now. I can’t even be your usual Changmin anymore.”

“Is there no other option?” Yoochun asks in hitched voice.

“Will you let yourself stay in an unequal relationship? Will you accept a dysfunctional engagement? What if you suddenly meet someone great but that one holds his or herself from taking the needed step because you are still in a hanging engagement?”

“I’ve met someone great.” Yoochun’s eyes meet Changmin’s apologetic ones. “I was ready to stay by his side for the rest of my life or for the longest time we could be together but he changes his mind in the middle of the way.”

Changmin retreats his hand to his side. “That someone isn’t as great as you said.” He shakes his head. “He’s an ugly idiot person who can’t return your love and sincerity as much. He’s heartless and mindless for doing this to you but he chooses to be honest than to deceive your love on him.”

Yoochun’s lips tremble. “I love you, Min. I love you.” His eyes speak his heart better.

Changmin holds Yoochun’s both hands. “I love you too, my micky Yoochun. I’m sorry my heart sees someone else. I’m sorry I can’t return us back in love. I’m sorry.”

Yoochun slowly moves his hands held by Changmin. “Is this really it?”

“I’m sorry.” Changmin brings the hands onto his lips. “If later my heart wants you back or I grovel on your feet to take me back, just kick me. You deserve better.”

Tears blur Yoochun’s sight. It blurs Changmin’s handsome face in his eyes. He mustn’t cry. He must not. He knew Changmin would leave their relationship sooner or later after he found out about the kiss. “Why must it be Junsu, Min?” He whispers. “Why must it be my best friend? You are too cruel.”

Changmin moves learning forward over the table between them planting his last kiss on Yoochun’s teary eyes. “It’s something I can’t explain. I don’t understand myself either why.”

“Explain it. However crazy it sounds, I wanna hear, please. If you ever really love me, explain.” The struggling not to cry eyes demand. “At least let me know what changes your heart.”

Changmin slowly leans back on his chair, hands crawling away from Yoochun’s. He gives Yoochun a long look before he slips his engagement ring out of his left finger. He places the circle gold ring on the table near Yoochun’s cold hand.
“I woke up this morning.” Changmin speaks after a suffocating short silence. “Taking it off my finger to read your name graved inside the circle. But instead of yours, I read someone else’s name. it was for a blink, a split second I thought my eyes tricked me because the next moment I read it again, it’s your name.” He pauses, searching for any reaction Yoochun might do. Nothing. He continues. “And I remember, I asked you not to go to far places like going out of town for any reasons because our wedding was in less than two months ahead.”

Yoochun listens even though he doesn’t understand.

“I looked through your past traveling record while I was waiting for you in the academy earlier. You were in town most of the time. You went for work business around Palgan but you didn’t go further than Ranchview district.”

Yoochun still doesn’t get what Changmin is saying.

“That time I was in Insa.” Changmin continues. “I went back to Palgan a day earlier than I should have had because I got a call from here.” He takes deep breath for strength. “I couldn’t remember clearly what the call was about but it’s about you. My fiancé had an unfortunate…” Changmin shuts his eyes. The sudden uninvited throbbing pain slaps his head hard. 

“Min?” Yoochun calls. “Changmin?”

-Your fiancé was hit by fast running motor, Min. He’s in ER since yesterday. Could you please go home soon after your work is over? We’re running out of B blood supply.-


--


“Don’t force yourself to move yet, boy.”

Changmin wears his jacket not minding the imperative persuasion. “I have to solve this as soon as possible, aunt.”

“You almost fainted. Whatever it is you need to do, it can surely wait till you’re better. Shall I call home?” She offers half threatens the young nephew. “We need you back in the kitchen asap, you know. It’s been hectic with you and Fei taking leave at the same time.”

“I’m better.” Changmin zips up his jacket. “I told mom I would be out till very late. No sweat.” He pats his aunt’s back. “I’m leaving.”

“You’re riding your motor?” the aunt protests. “What if your headache strikes when you are on the road?”
“I know when my headache will strike.” Changmin winks in tease. “I’m plugging out the source of it now. See you, aunt.”

The aunt sighs as she sees Changmin approaches his parked motor, wear his helmet and rides off in speed. “I hope he knows what he’s doing.”


----


Jaejoong doesn’t expect to find Shim Changmin in his studio’s valet when he’s back from short break. No customers today. Mara takes her day off. Most of Jaejoong’s works are done. He simply drops in his studio to get a few miscellaneous stuffs and lock it before he goes to Yoochun’s house.

“What are you doing here?” Jaejoong doesn’t bother hiding his dislike.

“I just broke up with Yoochun.” Changmin informs.

Jaejoong stares at the man, not sure whether it’s a good or bad news.

“I owe you an explanation.” Changmin says. “I’m going to explain everything you want to know.”

Jaejoong’s cold judging look is expected. “You broke up with Yoochun yet you come to me to explain yourself? Does your head have a tendency to get onto hard floor or hard walls?”

“You’re one of the reasons of my break up.”

“Me?” Jaejoong gapes in disgust. “Me? Why? Because I saw how low you are? How sick you are?”

“I’m sick, you’re right.” Changmin accepts it. “But please let me explain what I owe you. I have been figuring out why I kissed Junsu.”

Jaejoong contemplates of ripping this creature called Shim Changmin off its existence but that would be a lot of dirty work though he doesn’t mind it.
“Shoot.”

“Can we go somewhere we could talk more comfortably? It’s going to be long and I’m sure you’ll need some drinks when you hear my explanation.”

“I don’t have much time to deal with ****bag.” Jaejoong snarls. “Just shoot!”

“Listen to it first before you say something. You’re needed to fill the gap in my explanation.”

Jaejoong really has no time for this stupid ridiculousness.

“Remember you called me when Junsu had an accident in December two years ago?”

“Yeah.” Jaejoong has very dark look.

“You asked me to go home to Palgan soon after my work finished because Junsu got hit. Junsu was my fiancé, Jae. I rushed home as soon as I got your pending texts.”

Jaejoong’s eyes widen in lost expression. “Junsu what?”

“My fiancé.” Changmin repeats, determined. “Do you remember what you texted me?”

Jaejoong is still at loss. What the hell is Changmin bullsh*tting now?

“Jae? Please?”

“What are you trying to joke, Min?” Jaejoong snarls.

“The f*** are you trying to prove?”

“I went to my provider care center to ask my whole past two years texts printed.” Changmin quickly says before Jaejoong sees him as a real freak. “The printed texts went at fault on June to December two years ago. They could only print parts of it. If it’s only a day or two, a week, or certain times, I could understand but the whole seven months? And it went blurry at the same point too?

“I don’t get it.” Jaejoong admits. “Why is my text to you related to your break up?”

“I’ll show you.” Changmin extracting rolls of papers from his bag. “I haven’t showed this to anyone else yet. I don’t think they’ll believe me.”

“What make you think I will?”

“You sent me the texts. You called me too when I packed my goods in haste informing me that Junsu was in hospital. These papers revealed part of your sent texts but blurred other certain part. Now, if you would be kind to remember what you sent to me..” Changmin let his sentence unfinished.

“I don’t see why my texts or call leads to your break up.”

“You’ll get the connection later if you would tell me what you sent.”

Jaejoong looks at the tall man’s pleading yet honest eyes. “I texted you to go home soon because we needed as much as B blood supply as possible. I texted and called a lot of people to help Junsu.” He finally complies.

“Are you sure you texted me because of my blood type only?"

Jaejoong nods. He snatches the roll of papers in Changmin’s hand. “We were desperate. He was in bad unconscious condition when he was transferred from Khila local hospital to Palgan central hospital. The blood transfusion they gave during the trip wasn’t sufficed to keep him from losing blood.”

“You didn’t remember texting me referring Junsu as my fiancé?”

“How could Junsu be your fiancé?” Jaejoong frowns as he unrolls the printed text record. “You’re Yoochun’s fiancé.”

Changmin pulls the tip of the paper to get to the page he wants to show. “This is your sent texts, right?” he points at one page. There are a lot of blurred lines along with the numbers of sender, receiver, and time of sending and delivering all along the whole.

Jaejoong looks at the paper closer. Yes. it’s his number and his text. “Why the blurred texts?” he frowns deeper. There are several unclear printed words on his sent texts to Changmin. The same ones with Yoochun’s texts asking Changmin to go back soon to help Junsu.

“I sent this.” Jaejoong taps the paper.

“What’s in the blurred part one?”

Jaejoong tries to remember. What did he text Changmin in December two years back? “I don’t remember.”

“You texted ‘Your fiancé is in critical state. Call me or Yoochun as soon as you get this message.”

The printed texts only reveal critical state. Call me or Yoochun as soon as you get this message.

Jaejoong looks up. “How could you assume Junsu was your fiancé? You’re engaged to Yoochun, for God’s sake!”

“I could prove it through my incoming call’s record but it will take time to retrieve the record.”

“What are you proving here, Min? Yoochun deceived you?”

Changmin shakes his head. “No. None deceives anyone. Things changed somewhere in December. Junsu was my fiancé, Jae. We were engaged before December. I was going to marry him, not Yoochun, but then we all woke up in one morning with this changed position. I’m engaged to Yoochun instead to Junsu.”

“That’s impossible.” Jaejoong denies. “You dated and engaged to Yoochun. You never dated Junsu! What’s wrong with you?!”

“Do you remember when I officially proposed to Yoochun?”

“In a park you booked. You asked me to be there to support Yoochun and you.”

Fused memory just as Changmin has expected. “Where was Junsu?”

“He’s there. He’s the one shoving Yoochun off of the bench so he saw you standing next to you.”

“Was it really Junsu?”

“Of course. I was beside him!!”

“Who got drank badly that you had to drag him home

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter