[2/?]

Mvtsqanth.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Two.

 

 

 

Yunho would hear no rejection from Junsu tonight. He keeps on driving leading the car to Palgan central hospital despite the flood of protests made by Junsu.

                “I know my body best than anyone else!”

                “You don’t listen to your body often.” Yunho ignores the heated glare. “I can hear your body plead in dark corner because you silence its voice down.”

                “You can hear my body?” Junsu scowls. “Great. What does it say now?”

                “Brief check-up. You coughed a lot.”

                “Thank you.” Junsu replies in sarcasm. “Glad to find out I’m deaf to my own body.”

No damage done. Junsu is fine like he says he is. Still, Yunho requests the medical team to let Junsu rest overnight under monitor just in case.

Junsu has had it enough. He storms out after sneakily paying for the brief check. He doesn’t bring much money because he didn’t plan to be out so late or to bump into Jaejoong’s crush or to meet Jaejoong and Yoochun. He was just restocking his medicine kit and planned to be home right away. In his spontaneous will going out tonight, he managed to slip his card inside his pocket. He is glad he did it so that he could escape from Jung Yunho’s illogical irrelevant overreacted caring trait.

                “Junsu! Wait!”

Junsu has jumped into a taxi. He tells the driver he’s being chased by a relentless crazy ex. Yunho’s loud calls shouting and running after him helps his lie that the taxi driver runs the car fast. Haha. Got you, Jung Yunho. You think you’re always right, huh? Take that!

He doesn’t bring his phone with him either. Again, buying his usual headache prescription wouldn’t take longer than twenty minutes in a return walk. Mama knows he goes out getting his pills. He needs not worry about important calls or whatever. Not that he’s expecting any either. Isn’t it good? If Yunho tries calling his phone now, he’ll meet auto answering robot. Hahaha.

But Junsu forgets something crucial.

                “Your medicine pack.” Yunho waves his hand at the Kim’s living room. “Your mom told me to wait for you here. “I told her we met some old friends and got carried away.”

Junsu crosses his arms. “Thank you.”

                “I’m thirsty after sudden night exercise.”

Junsu sticks his chin up as he pours two glasses of water. He adds two spoonful of lemon honey drop and three cubes of ice onto Yunho’s glass.

                “Thanks.” Yunho likes the drink. His favorite one. Junsu remembers it. He drinks it up till the last drop. “Could you be kind giving me another glass? I’m unusually thirsty.” He grins at Junsu’s sour face.

Junsu snatches the glass from Yunho’s hand granting the request. He makes same composition of water, lemon honey drops and ice cube.

                “No offense, sir.” He extends the filled glass to the guest. “It’s already eleven pm. I’m sure you have a lot to prepare for tomorrow and our modest house is not functioning for a guest bedroom right now.”

                “The couch will do.” Yunho smiles, teasing. “It’s comfortable.”

                “I beg your pardon?” The beady eyes rounds wider.

                “I’ll go home soon. Don’t worry.”

The sour look doesn’t change.

Yunho finishes his drink quickly. He stands up signaling to leave right after his glass is empty.

                “Ah. I forget I haven’t refilled my gasoline in my haste delivering your medicine. I’m afraid I would run out of it. is there any nearest gas station around?”

Junsu breathes deep. “There’s one in next two blocks after you go past the portal gate.”

Yunho looks thoughtful. “Two blocks? Left or right?”

Junsu grits his teeth. “For an expensive sophisticated smart phone, yours is useless.”

                “Can’t help it. GPS often misleads me than actually helps.”

                “Wait here.” The sour faced man disappears and reappears wearing long loose sweater. There’s another loose sweater in his other hand. “It’s getting too cold at night nowadays.” He hands the sweater to Yunho. “Come on. I’ll show you the short cut to the gas station.”

Yunho’s tank is full and he is warm enough with his two piece tops. He wears the loose sweater as he walks after Junsu’s fast pace heading to his car.

                “Your back…” Junsu holds his smile. He turns Yunho around fixing the sweater’s bump on Yunho’s back. His hand flattens the stuck up fabric material. Yunho has to hold his breaths. Junsu doesn’t know how he affects Yunho.

                “Okay. See this road?” Junsu’s arm stretches out pointing at the street outside the Kim’s house. “Just go on straight till the reach the side corner of the hmf-

The kiss is brief and short.

                “Night.” Yunho pinches Junsu’s cheek. “I’m sorry I overreacted again tonight but you coughed really bad.”

Junsu is still in the process to decide whether to launch a sharp fist on Yunho’s face or to run a cutter onto the car’s wheels. The four of them. If he punches Yunho’s face, his parents would hear the noise, Yunho will need ice pack and blah blah. In short, He will stay longer. Bonus extra scolding for Junsu. If he stabs the four wheels, Yunho can’t drive. His car will be parked in his yard. Some tow service will come. His parents and next door neighbors will wake up. In the end, Yunho will stay longer too.

                “You still have the image of me as the old Jung Yunho?” Yunho touches Junsu’s nose with his finger. “One month away can’t reset it yet?”

                “You’re the one and only Jung Yunho.” Junsu finally settles to ignore the kiss.

                “Too bad.” Yunho smiles. “Maybe three months will do.”

                “Yun..

                “No. Junsu. I know what you are going to say. That Jaejoong is good person. He takes great pictures. He’s warm caring person. He cooks well. He drinks well. He charms people in a snap of fingers. He is kind. He’s passionate. He’s amazing. I know.”

                “You don’t know.” Junsu negates. “You just heard from people.”

                “Believe me I know. I see how much he cares about you. I see how he looks after you. I see how he bullies you. I see how you two truly care about each other like brothers. I see how you two are similar in some ways and totally different in a lot more ways. Do you still find it difficult to believe that no matter what I see in him, gold or platinum, you are the one my eyes rest on the longest, the most, the final?”

                “You haven’t really known him like I do!”

                “Do I have to know everything about him to know I love you first and most? Do I have to spend time seeing how well Jaejoong and I are together when I already know I want you beside me? Not Jaejoong. Not Lisa. Not Ayumi. Not Dean. Not anyone else.”

Junsu looks back into the pair of black almond eyes.

                “I know you still see me as Jaejoong’s potential partner. I can’t force you to change your mindset. I’ll wait a bit more till you could see me just as a Jung Yunho, a man who wants to stand beside you.”

                “This is tiring.” Junsu mutters. “To both of us.”

                “I don’t feel tired. I know you care about me. I know you could love me back if you want to. I won’t go anywhere, Junsu.”

Junsu lets a long breath. “I have so much running in my head.”

                “This?” Yunho leans forward kissing Junsu’s hair. “Don’t think too much. Not good for you.”

                “Why are you always kissing me?!” Junsu pushes Yunho away, irritated. “I mean it when I said I have so much going on in my head, Yun. I need to sort those garbages out and once I do, I don’t know when, I would tell you how I feel about us.” He glares at Yunho. “Till then, if you mean what you said just now, please let me have my space.”

                “If it’s about your injury-

                “It’s not.” Junsu quickly denies. “You are a good man, Yun. You deserves the whole me when we do start our journey. I don’t want to use your generosity for my own comfort.”

                “You are not taking anything from me.” Yunho’s hand reaches out for Junsu. “What I am now, the person you see standing before you at this moment, is just half of me. You’ll see the complete piece of Jung Yunho when you trust yourself and heart onto my care like I trust my heart on your mercy.”

The cold night wind blows their hair. They stand close facing each other in calming silence.

                “Go home.” Junsu slowly looks aside. “It’ll be midnight soon.”

                “I feel like I’m home.” Yunho squeezes their hands. “But the gate is closed. Should I climb over to get it opened from inside?”

The other man chuckles. “You have no idea what you are going to see inside.”

                “Surprise me.”

                “Go home.”

                “Yes, sir.” Yunho reluctantly releases Junsu’s hand from his. “Thanks for the water and this sweater. I really like them.”

                “You are welcome.” Junsu pushes the guest to get onto the awaiting car. “Safe drive.”

                “Two blocks from the portal gate, right? Left or right?”

                “Right turn. They hav-

The sealing kiss is tender. Yunho takes his moments as long as it could last. He is thrown into driver seat in three seconds. Junsu looks like he’s about to break Yunho’s bones.

                “Night.” Yunho winks as he drives slowly heading back to his own bed.

Junsu watches the car disappears from his sight till few minutes after the still cold air reminds him he should go back inside. He takes long heavy breaths before turning around walking back.

                “Nice man.”

Junsu jolts up in surprise. Mama Kim is smirking suggestively at him right before him out of nowhere.

                “MOM!”

                “You had dinner with him?” the woman presses her palm at Junsu’s cheek. “Surprise date?”

                “Coincidence.” Junsu peels his mother’s hand off his cheek. Why does everyone so worry about him over nothing? He’s fine, dammit. Just becau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter