[3/?]

Mvtsqanth.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Three.

 

 

Jaejoong smiles warmly placing two wrappings in his hold onto the nearest empty chair. “Our music genius looks like beggar.” He jokes as he opens one of the wrapping, sets the chopstick and spoon then hands it to a sleepless Yoochun. “You slept here?”

“The students rehearsed till morning. They are so excited about the showcase.”

“You bet. It’s the first showcase in January. They’ll put blood and sweat on it but you are their teacher, why are you working harder than them?”

Yoochun chews the food heartily. “Monitoring.”

“You shouldn’t risk your health, Chun.”

“Yes, mom.” Yoochun sticks his tongue. “No work in studio?”

“I close it till Tuesday.” Jaejoong uncaps a water bottle, drinking. “Mara is fixing the end year studio booking. Can’t believe people are crowding in the studio for year-end shoots. I thought phone camera would be enough for any purposes.”

“You can’t underestimate people’s will to have good hand capturing best moments in life.”
Jaejoong shoves Yoochun’s shoulder. “Music teacher you are, eh.” He looks around the wide piano practice room. “Any plan for new year?”

“You haven’t found any date?” Yoochun teases.

“I’m dating my studio.” Jaejoong scowls. “Mom asks me to be home on new-year eve. She wouldn’t buy any excuse but you or Junsu.”

“Try Junsu.” Yoochun goes on teasing. “Get ropes and nets ready to catch him, though.”

“I’ve asked him.” Jaejoong says. “He’s not sure where he will be on new year eve.”

“Just tell him to come by your studio two days before new year and lock him in till he promises he’ll do whatever you want.”

They burst out laughing. They did it in high school when Junsu was too busy playing baseball ignoring the less sport enthusiast Yoochun Jaejoong. They kidnapped Junsu after school, locking him in Jaejoong’s room till morning when Junsu finally agreed to do whatever they wanted. Their parents suspected nothing since they were close enough to be brothers. They believed Jaejoong when he told them Junsu and Yoochun were having sleepover boy time in the Kims’.

“Old good times, huh?”

“Gold one.”

“We should do it again, Jae.”

“Yeah. We’ll need good army blocking Mama Kim and Yunho, though. I doubt your fiancé would be enough.”

Yoochun coughs. He grabs his water to drink down the food hanging in his throat.

Jaejoong feels the sudden awkwardness. “I forgot Changmin.” He quickly says. “You must have had planned something for new year eve.”

Yoochun drinks more. “No. We haven’t.”

“No need to hide it from us, Chun. We won’t bust up your rated making out.”

“We haven’t.” Yoochun repeats. “I’m monitoring the showcase, remember?”

Jaejoong gives Yoochun a long incomprehensible look.

“I’m being honest.” Yoochun starts to get uneasy. Jaejoong is very good in reading people. “We’ll just probably have dinner or what somewhere close to new year. I’m not sure.”

Jaejoong is still giving him the look. Yoochun coughs again.

“Are you in stupid quarrel again?”

Yoochun ignores the question using meal box in his hand as the excuse.

“What is it this time?”

“Nothing.” Yoochun replies in full mouth. “Nevermind.”

“You guys are getting ridiculous.” Jaejoong scoffs. “I think only newly dating couple would play push and pull cover but you and Changmin are going to marry soon.”

Yoochun stop eating. He puts his chopsticks down as he swallows the half chewed food in his mouth down in one go.
“I would really appreciate it if you stop mentioning my wedding whenever you have chance.”

Jaejoong is shocked at the cold reaction. “I don’t mean-

“Just stop bringing it up. It makes me sick!” Yoochun drinks his water harshly.

“I’m sorry.” Jaejoong feels bad. “It wasn’t a joke, Chun. I was just pointing out that Changmin and you are ridiculous.”

“We are fine. We’ll marry when we want to. Right now, I’m focusing on work and myself. Changmin has wider responsibilities in the store too. We need time to prepare for the wedding, don’t you think?”

“I’m sorry.” Jaejoong repeats.

The uncomfortable silence fills the room. Yoochun regrets his harsh reaction five seconds later. He shouldn’t lash out his frustration in his relationship with Changmin on Jaejoong.

“I’m not even sure we are going to marry or not.” Yoochun mutters, chin goes low on his chest. “It feels heavier from day to day.”

“Don’t say that.” Jaejoong instantly reacts. “You two are made for each other. It’s a normal up and down pre marriage phase. Don’t even think of breaking up, Chun. You’ve gone past the worst of it. You’ve dealt with the ugliest side of relationship yet you two are still together. Isn’t it enough proof of how good you two to each other?”

Yoochun shrugs. “We aren’t that good anymore.”

“Of course you aren’t. I’m so going to burn you up if you still show off how passionate you two are like you did back then. You really made everyone sick with your disgusting PDA.”

Yoochun chuckles. “We were just kissing like any other newly dating couple.”

“Yuck.” Jaejoong makes a face. “Should I play my recorded video now?”

They both laugh again kicking the uneasiness out of the universe.

“I’m sorry.” Jaejoong wants to make sure Yoochun has no bitterness against him. “I really didn’t mean to offend you.”

“Nevermind. I’m too tired, I guess.” He smiles cheekily. “So, new year eve, Jaejoong Yoochun Junsu against the world again?”

“We have to do something on the Junsu part.”
“Leave it to me.” Yoochun picks his meal box resuming his eating. “Pick the place and time. I’ll drag him there.”

“He’s not in Palgan right now.” Jaejoong taps his phone looking for an application. “This. He’s in Neolwha getting his head treatment.” Jaejoong shows the conversation he had with Junsu the night before. “He said he might be there for the whole week then proceed to Junho’s branch office for an article.”

Yoochun reads the convo record. “Junho’s branch in Raghsteel? He’ll spend new year eve with his brother?”

“Likely.”

“He didn’t even tell me he’s leaving to Neolwha.” Yoochun grumbles. “Does he think so high of himself that we have to use SNS to talk to him?”

“Maybe his bad headache is coming back.” Jaejoong sighs. “I call him whenever I can to hear from him. He sounds a bit annoyed at that.”

Yoochun could feel Junsu’s irritation. Jaejoong could be super demanding and attentive when his caring mode is on. “I’ll ask mama Kim about it.”

“I already did.” Jaejoong says. “She says it’s a follow up treatment. Nothing to worry about.”

“Then we can pull him back to Palgan.” Yoochun grins. “The treatment would take two or three days. He should be free around new year.”

“He might have planned something.” Jaejoong isn’t sure.

“I’ll ask Yunho then.”

“Chun.” Jaejoong sends the musician a cold warning look. “Don’t go that far.”

“I’ll just ask whether Yunho has planned something for Junsu so we could slip in it before or after. I wouldn’t ask him to cancel his plan.”

“Don’t do that.” Jaejoong’s tone also turns cold. “Don’t step in their business more than what you did last week.”

Yoochun’s heart stings. “I did what?”

“Telling Yunho to date Junsu. I heard what you said to him.”

“I was joking.” Yoochun feels his nape getting cold. “Nothing like telling him to do what or what.”

“You could say it as joking but I know you. You were telling him to date Junsu.”

“I was just..” Yoochun gulps. “Yunho needs some smooth pats.”

“What he does for Junsu is his choice. We shouldn’t get in it.”

Yoochun puts down his meal box for the second time. He carefully watches Jaejoong’s cold expression. “Do you.. mind it?”

“What?”

“Yunho dating Junsu?” Yoochun’s careful tone meets Jaejoong’s sharp voice.

“Why would I mind Yunho dating Junsu?”

Yoochun his lip. “You like him.”

“So what if I like Yunho?” Jaejoong snaps. “It’s my feeling, my choice, and my personal keep. I like him alright doesn’t mean I have right to interfere in who he likes or what he does about it.”

Yoochun’s hear Changmin’s words ringing in his ear. “Junsu would not accept Yunho.” He empties his drink. “He would ask Yunho to consider you.”

“It’s Junsu’s choice too.” Jaejoong crosses his arms. “I would respect and appreciate whatever he does with Yunho liking him. My feeling to Yunho has nothing to do with our friendship!”

“But..

“We all are adult people, Chun.” Jaejoong’s hardened face is so apparent. “We know the consequences of our choices. Until Junsu himself comes to me and throw himself into stupid friendship bond devotion blah blah, I would not do anything as long as he doesn’t harm himself. I would beat him to death when he does sacrifice his feeling for me but till then, it’s his choice.”

Yoochun is silent. Changmin has been right about it.

“And I would really appreciate it if you didn’t pull prank on me using Yunho.”

----

Jessica waves her hand at Yoochun signaling him to join her table. She’s alone. Her bag is placed on the table together with several laid paper and color pencil.
“Sorry for calling you out of nowhere.”

Yoochun sits across from her. “No problem. I was on my way to Academy. What’s up?”

“I need your help.” Jessica looks messy. “Saiko turned this over to me just yesterday and I’m short of human source.” She points at the scampered papers between them. “I just remembered Changmin has a model friend. Do you happen to know him?”

“Changmin’s friend?” Yoochun frowns. “Minho and Kyuhyun aren’t model.”

“Not them. We know them, right? I mean some friends we met once or twice but hardly hang out with us.”

“I have Siwon’s number.”

“Not him please.” Jessica facepalms. “He has ego the size of Arctic.”

Yoochun chuckles. “I don’t know who you mean.”

“Can’t you ask Changmin?” She pleads.

“I’ll try.”

“Now? I’m kinda cornered and desperate.”

Yoochun scrunches his nose. “Why don’t you call him yourself?” he fishes his phone dialing his fiance’s number. They haven’t talked for about three days. Real talk one, just short messages and SNS chat. Last time Changmin texted him was last night around eight reminding him to have dinner.

“Tried. He didn’t answer. Perhaps he would if it’s you.”

“Jaejoong? He has loads of model friends.”

“He’s in bad tempered mode. Some clients made ruckus in his studio."

Unanswered. Yoochun redials the number. “Joong Ki might help if you persuade him well.”

“Joong Ki is already booked for live radio shows in central studio. He’s looking for guest speakers for his late session.”

Unanswered again. Yoochun shakes his head. “He doesn’t pick up.”

“His store?”

Yoochun is reluctant calling Changmin through the store’s phone but Jessica’s puppy pleading eyes are hard to resist. He dials the store’s number and picked up after four rings.

“Shim Heaven dessert, cakes and patisserie. What could we help?” a woman’s voice greets Yoochun.

“Hello. Can I talk to Shim Changmin?” Yoochun keeps his voice neutral.
“Who’s speaking?”

“Jung jes- Jung Jeung Wan.” Yoochun quickly corrects earning him Jessica’s widened eyes.

“Please wait a moment, sir.” The woman leaves the line open, probably looking for his fiancé.

“Why are you using anon?” Jessica’s eyebrows meet. “You guys aren’t fighting or something, right?”

“Shhhhh..” Yoochun shushes the girl. He taps loudspeaker icon and rests the phone on the table. “Go ask him when he’s answering.” He sticks out his tongue.

They heard rustling sound and Changmin’s familiar voice greets them.
“Hello?”

“Changmin.” Jessica squeals. “Why is it so hard to call you?” her pout is heard well in her cute voice. Typical Jessica when she tri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter