As We Both Done (An Epilogue)

As We Both Collapse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Baekhyun could say that what happened on his noona's wedding, in some extent, was his fault. His fault for letting Chanyeol comes into Seohyun's life. His fault for hand her over to Chanyeol. His fault for trusting Chanyeol that he would change his feeling towards Kyungsoo. Even though deep down, he knows Chanyeol always save his feeling for Kyungsoo, but Baekhyun ended up trusting him in the name of friendship.

He was wrong.

And he can't stop cursing Chanyeol with all the words he has for him. And after he run out the words, he start cursing his own self. He sit on the floor, watching his noona despairing her own heart on her best dress she would ever wore, the best make up she ever had, the prettiest she can ever be. He has no heart to watching her like that, for someone who even don't deserve her.

"okay.. I'm finish..", Seohyun says after wasting her tears for the last hour. "i ran out tears for him, let's wrap this wedding away", she says a bit too excited for the one who is heartbreaking.
"i'm sorry noona," Baekhyun says slowly. "i shouldn't let him do this to you. You don't deserve it"
"you should feel sorry for not beating him up enough", she says try to make a joke to cooling their tension. "i should've know that, right? That there would nothing change about them"


Baekhyun sit up from the floor, getting closer to Seohyun to gives her a warming hug. "don't come near me!", she says to prevent him because it just makes her tears falling down even more.


But Baekhyun just being the best dongsaeng he could be, to comfort his noona. He hugs her tightly, her pretty hair and feel all this preparations has wasted.
"i hate you, now. You make me crying again, Baek! Aaahhh", she says as she tries to stop her tears from falling.
"it's okay to cry your heart out, noona. Sorry for not taking care of you enough"
"i'm taking your sorry if you beat him more", she says.
"i will, promise you i will", Baekhyun says and they both chuckles. Of course Baekhyun won't do that and Seohyun didn't mean it. Even Chanyeol does deserve got beaten more, Baekhyun still have his conscience to think straight not ruin the friendship, at least he's not the one who started to break it.

*

It's been three days after the wedding cancellation, and Chanyeol fell sick since then. He got high fever and Kyungsoo always there, taking care of him. The fever is pretty bad that Chanyeol can't get up from bed without a help from Kyungsoo, can't eat the porridge Kyungsoo made for him without the latter feed him. At night, when the fever at its highest temperature, Kyungsoo would lay his body beside Chanyeol. Wrapping his arms on Chanyeol's, try his best to comfort him and make sure he knows that Kyungsoo there to take care of him.
And Chanyeol only could whispers "thanks, Soo" because he ran out of energy even he has so much words to say to Kyungsoo. He only can wish that his words is delivers his means to Kyungsoo.
"just get better soon, Yeol", Kyungsoo would answers before they both fall asleep.

Because Kyungsoo knows that Chanyeol falls sick is because he stressed out about the wedding. That he's not fine with that because after all, Chanyeol is not a heartless bastard. And not to mention that he let a perfect girl every guy would ever dream of just to be with Kyungsoo. And also to sacrifice his friendship with Baekhyun, again for Kyungsoo.

At the fourth day of his sick, Sehun comes to visit Chanyeol on his shared apartment.
"how could he be the one who is stressed out by the wedding? He's the one who called off the wedding..", Sehun says straightly with his face, forgot about Kyungsoo is the reason of all that happened.
"uhmm sorry hyung", Sehun says after got no respond from Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo used to Sehun's sarcastic lines, even his sorry doesn't feel like one.
"at least he still has a heart to be stressed out like that", Kyungsoo says, defends Chanyeol as he finishes preparing the fruits Sehun brought for Chanyeol.
They then delivers the fruits to Chanyeol room at the upstairs of the apartment.
"cheer up Hyung, at least you've done something less critical", again Sehun says it sarcastically.
"have you heard from Baek?", Chanyeol asks, still concern how their friendship would go after this.
"yup, he said he would beat you more after this", Sehun says jokingly even that was the real word Baekhyun told him. Not to mention the wink he shares to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo just smiles.
"well, i have someone who would taking care of me, so not scared", Chanyeol says a bit teasing Kyungsoo.
"whoah, watch your mouth, i have a life too, okay?", Kyungsoo says. And the three of them end up laughing together.

But as soon as Sehun taking his leave, Chanyeol back to his real condition, that he still sick. They already go to the doctor, but Kyungsoo knows that it's not only the physical that is sick.

Kyungsoo washing the dishes after done feeding Chanyeol and his own self a dinner. Chanyeol take a rest on his room in the upstairs and he is busy cleaning up the dishes in the downstairs. After finish it, Kyungsoo can feel the silence the room shares on his shared apartment that lead him to think. He sits on the living room, thinking about what ever happened there. The moment when Chanyeol found out about their couple ring that he left there and led them to had a fight. Now the ring is on his own finger, fit perfectly on him. And then he remember the moment when he found Chanyeol got beaten up by Baekhyun just to be back with him. Chanyeol go through it for Kyungsoo and the latter can't feel more blessed than this.


But There's something crosses his mind. Is this what Makes Chanyeol really happy? Is this the right decision for Chanyeo's life? Because if it is, then why he stressed out so bad like this. Is he only become a burden for Chanyeol? Kyungsoo feels bad too, of course he is, for what happened to Seohyun and Baekhyun. But, what can he do when he happy about winning Chanyeol. He needs a closure to what happened lately. He even haven't talked about it with Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo took his phone out and can't believe that on this late hour, he dials a number he barely ever call. The called guy doesn't answer until Kyungsoo's third attempt.

Calling...
Byun Baekhyun

Baekhyun: yes? (Baekhyun says coldly since he knows who calls him. Not wanting to hate him too but still, there's unpleasant feeling towards Kyungsoo)
Kyungsoo: Hi, Baek..
Baekhyun:...
Kyungsoo: i'm sorry for calling you this late.
Baekhyun:....
Kyungsoo: Baek, i'm..i'm sorry..
Baekhyun: really, Soo? Do you guys really have to be this far??
Kyungsoo: Baek, please..
Baekhyun: what Soo? If you just going to make an excuse, just go already.
Kyungsoo: wait, Baek. At least listen to me.
Baekhyun: there's no need to.
Kyungsoo: you must want to hear something since you're not hanging up this call.
Baekhyun: here's the thing, Soo..Even you're not there, you still ruin everything. Just live your life happily, don't mind my noona.
Kyungsoo: Baek, please..
Baekhyun: *sigh* i try to understand about you guys, i really do. But when it comes to my Noona's feeling, can you imagine how to be me?
Kyungsoo:....
Baekhyun: *sigh again* Soo, i try to not hate you, and maybe i don't hate you. But, you guys are grown up man, i wish you both can act like one.
Kyungsoo: i love him, Baek. I'm sorry, but i really do. And i just-
Baekhyun: you knew you love him before this, Soo. And you let it all happened.
Kyungsoo: i let him to choose
Baekhyun: he's too stupid to be responsible. You should've know him better, shouldn't you?
Kyungsoo:......
Baekhyun: and now i feel like i'm the bad guy by letting out all my anger on you.
Kyungsoo: i wish you would know that he's not fine with that too, Baek. He's been sick and not even getting better till now.
Baekhyun: i couldn't concern about him, Soo. At least not now.
Kyungsoo: okay, then. Thanks, Baek. For not hanging up the phone.
Baekhyun: okay, Soo.
Kyungsoo: take care yourself
Baekhyun: you too.

Then the call is over. Not sure what is into him but Kyungsoo think that maybe he needs to talk to Baekhyun a bit. To let all the weight on his shoulder, the guilty feeling. Eventhought he doesn’t sure if it was an appropriate call to do.

 

*

 

At the tenth day of his sick, Chanyeol start to take care of his own self because Kyungsoo has to go back to his work since three days ago. He couldn’t feel more blessed than this, to have Kyungsoo always stay beside him. He wish he can get well soon, so he can ask Kyungsoo out properly, as a couple. Because if we’re talking about a couple, there’s still a blur for them as a couple. They haven’t talked about them after the wedding. Chanyeol need to get better soon, but he can’t even get over about what happened on the wedding.

But what can Chanyeol do when he still weak mentally and also physically? He try to take care of himself but he can’t barely wake up from bed. What happen to his body? Fever won’t make him weak like this, normally. He eat his lunch downstairs, he pees on the bathroom, but his b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter