Rescue mission

Me, Her and her Boyfriend

 Rescue mission

 

It's time to trust me

 

 

It was Saturday again and Heedo was sitting on the cash register as usual. He didn’t know where Benji was and frankly said: He didn’t care. He was more of worried about other things. “Ahjumeonnie, say could I leave a bit earlier today? I know I am not supposed to and I promise this will be the last time.”, Heedo asked and folded his hands together in a pleading manner. The shop owner thought about it for a second. Heedo was hoping his charms would save him here. He was an actor, if it wouldn't work he would just come up with something like a tragic story involving his mother or similar was already on the tip of his tongue.

 

Luckily he didn’t need any of that because the old lady immediately agreed. This night they weren’t that busy in the shop anyway and Benji was still there so she had nothing against it. Heedo was about to leave the exact same time he had left last week when he accidentally ran into Youngji. “What are you doing!?”, Benji suddenly decided to break his silent treatment. “I am leaving.”, was all Heedo answered to him in all honesty. „But the shift isn’t over yet! I have enough of your special treatment. This time I didn’t even do anything to deserve this, seriously! This is just too much!”, Benji started yelling. “Hyung, I am sorry but this is really important. I promise I will make up for it! Just make ill next week and I will take care of the shift on my own or whatever you want. But I really need to go now.”, Heedo tried to explain, yet Benji seemed to be everything but okay with that solution. But what was Heedo supposed to do? He needed to go now, otherwise he might end up being too late.

 

“YAH! Were you listening! YAH! You can’t just leave! Come back here! Heedo!!!“,  Benji shouted but Heedo was already on his way out. Benji hated him anyway. He couldn’t do anything about that right now. He promised his hyung and himself that as soon as he knew what was wrong with Youngji he would start to fix their friendship, but until then he just needed to wait a bit more.

 

♤♡♢♧

 

Heedo followed the same way he had taken the week before and waited for Youngji to arrive in one of the side roads. He was purposely dressed in black pants, a black shirt and a black jacket in which he could pull up a hoody so that he could hopefully go by unnoticed. Heedo kept a look out for passengers passing by. The time was exact on the spot like when he caught Youngji lingering around this area and Heedo knew it might be stupid but he hoped Youngji would take the same way if she was going to the same destination.

 

Time passed and people went by but there were mostly groups of friends or couples, out to enjoy the night. It was just before midnight when suddenly a familiar looking girl passed him. She seemed to be in a hurry and didn’t even look at him. But Heedo was certain that it was Youngji. Therefore he followed her and was not letting her get away this time. He needed to know what she was up to.

 

Youngji was partly running, partly walking. If Heedo didn’t knew better he would say she was late. But for what exactly? What was she doing this late out here alone. It was dangerous, there were too many drunk old men around who would just love to harass her. It made him want to throw up. Gladly she seemed to be lucky and nobody paid too much attention to her. But if Heedo would witness just one guy going near her… He wasn’t the violent type but he would definitely take care of that person.

 

They passed some more streets and Heedo noticed that they kind of drifted from the full streets with clubbing adolescents to drunken businessmen. Heedo couldn’t put enough emphasize on how much he hated Youngji walking alone here,on display for them all. That was when he heard someone whistle after his crush. She didn’t seem to mind and just walked by but the guy continued catcalling her. Heedo took some time and walked up to him and grabbed the drink he was holding, just to pour it in his face. “Don’t even think about it!”, he growled and continued his chase after Youngji.

 

It was just then when he rounded the next corner that his phone started ringing. “I can’t believe you left me here! That was low, Heedo! So low of you and I swear if I find you at the dorm or out with your friends I am going to smack you so bad, you just wait for it!“ It was a furious Benji, who seemed to have just gotten off work. “I am following Youngji.”, Heedo informed him honestly. „Following her!? Why would you do that!?“, Benji asked and just then Heedo spotted his crush with another familiar face. She had just come out of the club, dressed in what seemed to be some kind of uniform and greeted Youngji. „Doesn’t matter because… Eunjung is here as well.“, Heedo announced. „Tell me where exactly you are! NOW!”, Benji yelled directly, forgetting everything else he had wanted to tell Heedo.

 

♤♡♢♧

 

Heedo had needed about 30 minutes for the whole way following Youngji, but Benji managed to town it down to only 20. He arrived heaving and panting in front of his roommate. “I swear Heedo if you’re messing with me… I will kill you no matter what J-Hoon will do to me afterwards.”, Benji warned the youngest, still not breathing properly. But Heedo didn’t even look at him, instead he was staring at something behind the corner they were currently standing at. “Hyung, what am I supposed to do!? What should I do!? I can’t believe…”, he mumbled and Benji had no idea what was wrong until he saw the building before him. “Don’t tell me…”, “They both went inside…. that host club.”

 

“What are we waiting- “, Benji started already walking towards the club, only to be caught by Heedo. “Stop.”, Heedo only answered, still thinking about what do to from here on. “What are you waiting for? Eunjung is inside there!“, “Yeah but why is she inside there?! What would she do inside there?!,” Heedo asked trying to be the responsible part of the two. “What does it matter?! The possibility that she could be molested or worse is high enough for me to do at least something!”, Benjis said and went inside without waiting for Heedo’s answer.

 

Benji immediately walked towards the entrance of said host club. Luckily there seemed to be no guard around right now or maybe the security guy was busy. Whatever the case was he was just glad he could enter so freely. Immediately Benji started looking around, the place was really crowded and seemed to have different sections. It kinda resembled a club with a dance floor and bar in the center but to the sides it seemed to leave more options to sit and talk. The music wasn't that loud as well and worst of all there seemed to be more guys in here than girls. A fact Benji couldn't stand right now.

 

It was crowded, not the kind of crowded where you would need to try and squeeze yourself past other people but crowded enough to lose the overview of this place. Benji didn't know where to start with his search. Heck he didn't even know if Heedo was trying to get back at him and was just making fun of him! He had no proof that Eunjung was seriously in here and the more he looked at the “costumers” the more he hoped Heedo was seriously messing with him.

 

Then again he figured Heedo wouldn't do something this childish. That was more of a Benji stunt, he had to admit. But it was just making him even more anxious. Why would Eunjung be here? What did she want here with all these guys! Hadn't she had enough with Hakyeon and Jeonguk?! Or was she dragged here against her will?! A thousand and more thoughts, scenarios and possibilities went through Benji’s head and he deeply wished for none of them to be true. He continued scanning the crowd, but when he still couldn't get any sign of Eunjung he started walking through the host club.

 

When rounded a corner into a somewhat different section he finally could catch a glimpse of his desired target. There she was and she wasn't alone. No there was a guy with her, one Benji had never seen before. But the worst of it all was that Eunjung was wearing a name tag. She was wearing a ing uniform, meaning she was working here. She wasn't just here to have fun or anything but guys paid to see her. That as a fact, Benji could understand quite good because it was Eunjung after all. But that didn't mean that he didn't detest it just as much.

 

When he was just on his way to go over and drag her away, someone suddenly stood in his way. A huge guy with broad shoulders probably twice as Benji’s size was blocking his way. “Sorry may I..”, Benji started and was just about to pass him by when the unknown guy blocked him once more by reaching out his arm and keeping him in place. “Sorry buddy but I think I didn't check you when you entered. Could you just show me your ID once more?”, he told him, sounding a forced kind of polite. Benji didn't want any trouble and immediately searched for his ID. 

 

Unfortunately he couldn't really find it... he probably left it at the dormitory. Benji looked apologetic towards the security guy, hoping luck might be with him today and he would let it slide, even though he was sure that wasn't the case either now nor ever...

 

“Sorry but not everyone is allowed inside here, this is no playground for little boys like you.”, the man said, already pushing Benji into the direction of the entrance. Just when he mentioned it a horrible thought made its way into Benji’s brain. “But... this is … this isn't a brothel or anything or is it?!” He was enraged. This couldn't be true, Eunjung would never sink that low or was she that desperate? How could Benji not notice any of this?

 

“No, it's not but that still doesn't mean anyone is allowed in here!”, the security guy answered, he seemed to be everything but amused and moreover annoyed. “Wait! Wait, my friend is working here! I need to talk to her!”, Benji tried but the other one didn't seem fazed by it and just continued shoving Benji out. It was then that Benji caught a glimpse of his other friend. Heedo was quietly sitting at the bar, his gaze set on something far away and Benji was disappointed how he could look at probably another girl when he knew Eunjung was so close around. If Heedo had managed to snuck in the host club, he needed to use the opportunity to save their friend.

 

“Heedo! HEEDO!! Yah, this guy there at the bar, he really is my friend! seriously! Please, I need to talk to him!”, Benji tried over again to get Heedo’s attention. Of course the security guy thought he was only bluffing and finally shoved him out of the building. “Don't let me catch you again, it won't end this nice for you!”, he warned the boy before he returned inside.

 

! Benji was doomed. What was he supposed to do now? How could he get to Eunjung?!

 

♤♡♢♧

 

Heedo was sitting at the bar, browsing through the establishment, still unable to find Youngji. He had noticed someone calling his name just recently but he wasn't too sure if he just imagined things. It was too loud and his thoughts were to occupied with other things. After Benji had immediately dashed of and run inside Heedo had still stayed outside. His thoughts were only circling around Youngji. Not that he wasn't concerned for Eunjung as well but since Benji was probably taking care of her Heedo had thought of a million and one reason what Youngji could be doing here and not one seemed accurate.

 

Heedo had been lucky. At the entrance there had been a huge security guard, one Heedo really didn't want to mess with. The guy had given him a once over and that had been it. But once he had entered, he almost immediately wanted to leave again. The place wasn’t what he had hoped for. The only good thing was that it really seemed to be nothing more than a host club. Heedo had checked the whole club but he couldn't spot Youngji anywhere. Hence, he decided to take seat at the bar and wait for luck to be on his side once again and Youngji appearing somewhere.

 

Still, Heedo couldn't think straight. Was Youngji in danger? Was she desperate? Was she cheating on Jaehwan? Was she here only because of Eunjung? What was the truth? Was Heedo even ready to find it out? For a second he had considered contacting Jaehwan but then again he didn't want to destroy their relationship just because of a stupid assumption. Truth be told, he also kinda wanted to help Youngji out on his own in case she needed help, that was it. Suddenly Benji’s words about his concerns about Eunjung from before ringed in his ears.

 

The possibility that she could even be molested or worse is enough for me to do at least something.

 

Heedo was just about to leave the bar and take another look once again for Youngji when he noticed her entering the room. She walked past the bar across the room and took a seat on one of the tables near the corner. Everything seemed alright, she was alone. But just when Heedo was on his way towards her another guy approached her. He sat down next to Youngji and Heedo wanted to grab him and drag him far away from his crush but Youngji smiled so heavenly at the guy, she must have known and recognized him. She even hugged him in a friendly manner. The whole scene was too devastating for Heedo. All his determination from a second before went lost in an instant. Because they actually seemed like friends. Was she here to meet him? Was that her purpose? But why here and what was Eunjung doing here as well then?

 

Instead of interfering Heedo decided to get back to his seat. He couldn't just leave, he didn't trust that scene. He didn't trust that guy. If they were just friends, why would he get to meet her at a host club? Was that the reason why Eunjung was also here? To have an eye on the two? But then where was she working here?!

 

The guy was cockily sitting next to her, whispering something into her ears and  waved a waiter over to him to order something for the two. Heedo already couldn't stand him. He hadn't seen much but he seemed way too into himself. What did Youngji want from such a guy?

 

Their drinks arrived and the guy paid for both, the worst was that they didn't seem to waste any time and immediately started with some strong liquor. Youngji didn't seem all that comfortable and while the guy took a huge gulp, she only took a small sips. Her companion instantly urged her on to drink more and it disgusted Heedo so much observing the scenery, he felt sick. He was again just about to run to their table and beat the hell out of the guy but in the next moment he finally noticed what Youngji was wearing. It was the same kind of uniform Eunjung had been wearing outside when he had arrived in front of the club. How could he not have noticed it... Did this mean she was working here and the guy was paying for her!?

 

♤♡♢♧

 

Benji had been kicked out but that didn't mean he was giving up. He had circled the building but couldn't find any back entrance except for some narrow windows in one of the narrow side streets. There was one in particular he couldn't reach just like that but which seemed inviting enough to offer him another way inside. Luckily for him there was a trash container near by. So Benji moved it right under the window. He was trying to break in through it, even though he wasn’t sure if he could even fit through that small window. The boy carefully climbed up, slightly disgusted of the container and trash inside. But some smelly rubbish wouldn’t stop him.

 

What actually stopped him though were two persons walking by the narrow street. It was more of what they were talking about which stopped him and made him quickly return to common ground, jumping behind the container where he could see the silhouettes of their shadow on the ground.

 

“Come on Elsie, I will take you to my place.”, the man said, halfway dragging the female along with him. She seemed to hesitate and wanted to go back from where they came from. “Come on, don’t be like this…”, the man went on urging her. If Benji didn’t know any better he would have said that guy was losing his temper. The woman stood still, probably contemplating what to do but somehow Benji couldn’t get rid of the feeling that she really didn’t want to be there. “Elsie! Come on now! I’m waiting!”, he continued dragging her along and the longer Benji watched the more demanding and forceful he seemed to become.

 

“Yunho… lets go back…I don’t want to.”, the girl finally said and Benji immediately sprinted forwards without a second thought. It hadn’t even taken him one second to recognize her voice. “Elsie, come on! You don’t want to be a party pooper, do you?”, the guy didn’t stop and pushed her against the nearest wall. He was leaning way too close to her. Worst of all was that Eunjung was even trying to push him away without any success. He was invading her personal space by leaning towards her so closely and he even dared whispering something into her ear. Eunjung was obviously in discomfort and not amused at all.

 

Benji didn’t hesitate and grabbed the guys shoulder from behind, turning him around to face him. Yunho seemed shocked and confused, Benji  taking advantage of it to push him away from Eunjung and grabbing him by his collar. “Benji!?”, Eunjung exclaimed just as shocked as Yunho. “Yah! Kiddo, what do you think you’re doing!? Let go now!”, the elder warned Benji who of course didn’t listen to him. After all he had almost molested Eunjung. How could he be so arrogant and threaten Benji to top it all? “You don't touch her, okay? Couldn't you see how uncomfortable she was!? Leave her alone!”, Benji hissed, still holding onto the other’s collar.

 

“Elsie? Is he one of your clingy suitors you told me about?”, Yunho asked, obviously mocking Benji. “SUITORS!? DON'T TALK ABOUT HER AS IF SHE WAS SOME !? WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?”, Benji shouted completely furiously about the way he treated his beloved Eunjung. ”For your information: I am the one who is paying for her right now and the next hours. So off!”, Yunho told him, peeling Benji’s hand of himself. “No! I never…”, Eunjung suddenly interfered but Benji already had enough. Without saying another word he punched the elder square in the face. Benji might not have looked like it but he wasn't weak. Yunho fell back to the wall on the other side, stumbling to the ground. He looked at Benji not believing what he had just done. He immediately got up and reached out for the younger man’s collar.

 

“Hey Kiddo, this is no place for you to play, you get that?!”, Yunho hissed before pushing Benji forceful against the wall. “Yunho! Stop! Please!” Eunjung was now behind Yunho, trying to calm him down, yet her costumer was too rilled up and instead of listening to her he rather had enough of all this and hauled off to get a punch back at Benji. Unfortunately he knocked out Eunjung at the very moment he moved his arm backwards, not caring of even noticing that he had injured the girl he had wanted to take with him just a few minutes ago. Benji wasn't sure what the reason was but he noticed it immediately. “Eunju-!”, he wanted to call her but was unable to finish when Yunho’s fist collided with his jaw. The pain was running through his whole head, numbing all of his other feelings.

 

Yunho was just about to land another punch when Benji broke free, taking the nearest smaller trashcan and sending Yunho colliding to the ground with it. He didn't care how unfair or whatever that was. The guy had hit Eunjung without a care in the world. For a second Benji wanted to launch at him again but he quickly decided against it as soon as he saw Eunjung wobbly standing up. “Are you alright?”, he asked her, lending her an arm to help her stand up. “What are you doing here anyway?!”, she huffed at him. She was everything but glad to see him. Especially in such a situation. Benji was just about to answer when they heard Yunho interfering.

 

“You little er…!”he insulted Benji, standing on wobbly feet as well. “Elsie! I will make sure you get fired! You can’t treat me like that, I am still paying for you and I can do what the I want with you and you know that!”, he continued to take it all out on her. Benji got seriously mad at him. No matter who he was or what he had paid or whatever… He had no right to speak to her like that. “You don’t talk to her like that or I’ll make sure you don’t speak at all anymore!”, Benji threatened,when he reached Yunho once more, ready to fulfill his promise.

 

As mentioned Benji might not have been weak but he also wasn’t the best fighter and his big mouth costed him more than expected. It took Yunho only one real punch to knock Benji to the ground. “Mark my words, this was your last day here! I will personally make sure of that.”, Yunho hissed towards Eunjung. He was about to walk back into the club but not before kicking Benji a last time in his guts, the boy still lying on the ground and gro.

 

As soon as Yunho was gone Eunjung made her way over to Benji who was still rolling on the ground, wincing in pain. “Are you alright!?”, she asked slightly panicked. Benji just continued holding his face and whining. “My beautiful face!? I will get a black eye for sure!”, he whimpered. At least he seemed to be just fine. Eunjung was more than relieved to hear him still going on talking nonsense in a situation like this. It was typical Benji. “You . Don’t pick a fight if you can’t even hit someone properly!”, she nagged and hit him herself a couple of times in his back. “Yah! You don’t hit injured people!”, Benji ed. “And you don’t make people worry about you if you’re not really injured!”, Eunjung ed back at him. “HA! So you’re worried?!”, “Not about you! Never about you!”, she announced and hit him once more. Both of them laughed until suddenly an uncomfortable silence settled in between them.

 

“Eunjung, are you alright?”, Benji asked, getting up into a sitting position to be on eye level with his friend. She widened her eyes, surprised where the sudden seriousness came from before her gaze averted towards the ground, avoiding his worried eyes. Eunjung wasn't proud of her job at the host club and from all the people who could have found out about it she regretted it being Benji the most. What would he think of her now... She was afraid of his reaction, was afraid of his either pitiful or disgusted look.

 

“Eunjung …?”, he asked again and was about to reach for her shoulder to get a reaction from her. The girl nevertheless didn’t react. “Did he maybe try to fill you up? Are you drunk?”, Benji went on still concerned. “No, you . Such a situation fortunately sobers you up quite fast…”, she finally answered. Benji being so serious was something Eunjung had rarely witnessed. The shock had vanished and Eunjung threw herself into Benji’s arms. “Thank you, thank you so much!”, she mumbled into his neck, hugging him out of relief. “I swear you are unbelievable…”, Benji mumbled, hugging her back just as strong.

 

♤♡♢♧

 

Heedo hadn't moved an inch and was still sitting at the bar. The bartender had asked him multiple times if he wanted anything to drink, even recommended various drinks but Heedo wasn’t a drinker, though. Sure sometimes he would tag along with his hyungs for a night out but even then he was the one who stayed sober and had an eye on all of them. 

 

But right now he was tempted to just drink his sorrow away. Wasn’t that why most people drank to begin with? Because he really wanted to forget what he was witnessing over here. As if liking Youngji wasn’t already hard enough…As if her having a boyfriend as dumb as a donkey wasn’t already enough… Here he was watching her be friendly with another way older male. He couldn’t believe Youngji was like that and exactly that was stopping him. He was sure something was offe and it was all a huge joke or something.

 

Across the room at that very table,  Youngji and the unknown male were still ordering one round of alcohol after another and if Heedo didn’t know any better he would have thought that guy was trying to fill her up. With each drink he was becoming more daring as well and inched his way closer to Youngji. By now he already had his arm around her shoulder. Heedo felt the deep desire punching him, just because. But that wasn’t him, he wasn’t someone to retrieve to violence and so he kept on squirming in his seat.

 

“If I were you I would look for someone else.”, the bartender suddenly chimed into his thoughts. “What do you mean?”, Heedo asked a bit confused. “You’ve been staring at Youngji since you took seat at the bar. You clearly have your eyes set on her. But I am telling you, Jaejoong over there has been seeing and paying for her for the last weeks and is trying to finally get her home with him. That was the first thing he announced when he entered the club today.”, the bartender continued, confusing Heedo even more and as if he could read his thoughts he explained further. “You see, Jaejoong is one of our regulars and he had his eyes set on her since she started working here. He is also really generous with his tips for her, but he also clearly wants more than we offer. Don’t get me wrong, we are definitely just a host club but that doesn’t mean our girls don’t sometimes tag along for some extra cash. If you know what I mean.” The bartender winked at him and Heedo most definitely understood what he was referring to. But he couldn’t believe his ears. Youngji would never…! But then again Heedo had to remind himself that he didn’t really know her and that he also never would have expected to meet her at such a place. Had he been misguided by her? Had he been wrong all along?

 

The bartender left him alone with his thoughts and Heedo could only stare at the table across the room, not believing what he had just been told. But then it all made sense somehow. That Jaejoong guy was definitely trying to fill Youngji up so that he could take her with him. What a low and disgusting move. Heedo felt like punching him again. He really couldn’t let that happen. But who was he to have the right to stop her? He was a nobody, just a mere junior trying to win the girl’s affection.

 

Heedo contemplated going over to them or even leaving. In the end he didn’t move and just stayed, observing the other two from afar. His heart couldn’t believe that he had been so wrong and that he had misjudged Youngji that badly. It might have been better to leave now, not witnessing anything at all and just forget about her. But he just couldn’t do that. The scenery at the other table was beginning to make him feel sick. Jaejoong was invading Youngji’s personal space and even though she often averted her gaze or just looked into the other direction, she never really stopped his advances. Heedo wanted to tear them apart so badly, especially when Jaejoong seemed to continously whisper things into her ear. Heedo wasn’t sure if Youngji was in discomfort or if she was just being shy. However, he wanted to separate them. He really wanted to but as long as she didn’t show any signs that she didn’t want this, he wouldn't interfere. He felt like he had no right to stop them.

 

Some minutes later, Heedo enduring what was happening on the other table even though it tore at his heart, when Jaejoong suddenly was bold enough to grab Youngji’s tights and was about to place a kiss on her neck, Youngji finally pushed him away rather forcefully. Heedo sat up straighter to get a better view immediately. Jaejoong was shoving her arm out of the way and seemed to want to continue even though Youngji clearly was trying to get him off her.

 

That was it - the sign the boy had waited for the whole time. With large steps Heedo walked across the room in the matter of milliseconds and was pushing Jaejoong off of Youngji, sending him flying to the other end of the bench. The two separated people looked surprised and confused at the young giant in front of them. Heedo was boiling at the moment, how could that guy even dare?! All his thoughts about Youngji being a different person jut vanished in an instant, she clearly wasn’t like that and whatever plan Jaejoong had been following,. Youngji would never play along and now Heedo was making sure that nothing would happen at all.

 

No one said a single word. Heedo just scowled angrily at Jaejoong who was still catching up to what had happened. “Hey sweety, this is nothing for you, okay? Just go and let us be.”, Jaejoong arrogantly spoke to him and was about to push Heedo away when the younger shoved his arm away and stood his ground. “She obviously didn’t want you to touch her. “, Heedo only commented, shielding Youngji from that guy. “Well, that is something she doesn’t get to decide, my dear. So if you would kindly move away…”, Jaejoong snarled, being about to get back to his seat as if what he had just said wasn’t the most disrespectful thing Heedo had ever heard someone saying about a female.

 

Heedo was furious and even though he was just standing there, his face was clearly displaying the turmoil he was feeling inside. How could someone be as arrogant and disrespectful towards any person? Heedo wasn’t pro violence but he was so mad at the moment, plus Jaejoong clearly deserved a punch or another. And that was exactly what he got. Heedo couldn’t hold back any longer and punched him right in the face, sending him lying on the bench.

 

What he wasn’t expecting though was another person immediately grabbing him from behind and holding both his arms down, locking him in place. “Nah nah… we don’t want any pointless fights here.”, the person behind him breathed into his ear. For a second Heedo thought it was the security stopping him which would have been understandable. But then he noticed Jaejoong smirking and the next thing he felt was a sharp pain near his jawline and Jaejoong cockily staring him down.

 

“Thanks Yunho. He was just about to become a nuisance.”, he appreciated his friend arriving just in time, making his way back to Youngji who was still sitting on the bench not having moved an inch. She looked concerned over to Heedo. “No problem, wouldn’t want you to go through the same I just had to. What is wrong with you guys, like where do you suddenly come from? Cute little guys trying to play the hero when they can’t even fight…”, Yunho mocked Heedo, still holding him down.

 

“Come on, let’s go somewhere else.”, Jaejoong said towards Youngji, grabbing her wrist and dragging her along. “No, let go! I don’t want to!”, Youngji protested, trying to break free. Since they were at the other end of the room and in the far corner no one seemed to notice the turmoil happening, Jaejoong was just about to continue dragging her along. Once Heedo finally had enough, with all the force he could muster he broke from the tight grip. First, he knocked Yunho to the ground with his elbow, then he went over to stop Jaejoong, punching him once more, making him stumble but most importantly making him let go of Youngji who retreated towards the nearest wall.

 

Heedo was just about to land another punch, when he got attacked from behind again, making him wince in pain and falling to the ground. Yunho had thrown himself on the younger and Jaejoong landed one kick after another at Heedo while he was held down by Yunho. With a good amount of luck the young student grabbed one of Jaejoong’s feet and send him brawling on top of Yunho. He rolled away from the two, stood up and was about to hit the guys when he was once again held back. Only this time it seemed to be someone much stronger.

 

“YAH! That is enough! Our regulars are not to be messed with. You wanna fight? Then look for someone outside! But not our costumers!”, he barked. It seemed to be the security guard and Heedo was afraid he would drag him out, leaving Youngji alone with those bastards because Heedo clearly had no chance against him. “No wait! It wasn’t like-…”, Heedo started but was interrupted. “Sure,…. That’s what they always tell us.”, the huge guy said and continued dragging him away.

 

Heedo saw Jaejoong triumphantly smirking at him and instantly he felt like a fish out of water. He felt so helpless because he couldn’t do anything to help Youngji who was cowering in the corner, not saying anything. It was then that he came to a hold and it was the bartender who had stopped his colleague. “I had a closer eye on them and Jaejoong obviously molested our Youngji. This guy here was just helping her even though he went a bit overboard.” The security guard send the bartender a questioning look but let go of Heedo a second later. He immediately went back and grabbed Yunho and Jaejoong, sending those two out with the help of another security guard, the two regulars protesting loudly when they were thrown out.

 

“Thanks.”, was all Heedo could say to the bartender before he dashed back to Youngji. “Are you alright?”, the boy asked, his voice full of concern. Youngji still didn’t say anything and only carefully caressed Heedo’s face, making the younger flinch back. The girl retreated her hand and Heedo was shocked to find blood on it. He looked Youngji in the eyes and saw them water. Without a second thought he enveloped her into a hug. She immediately started crying, soaking his shirt in her tears.

 

♤♡♢♧

 

After Eunjung had thanked him, the two friends got up from the ground and slowly made their way back to the campus. At first Eunjung wanted to go and get Youngji since it was late and she didn’t want her best friend to walk home alone, especially not at that time of the day, but Benji had informed her about Heedo still being there, probably waiting for Youngji so his friend didn’t need to be worried. Yet, Eunjung didn’t understand what Heedo was doing here to begin with. Still, she was just relieved that she could return home immediately. Before they went home though, both of them texted their best friends that they were already returning home so that the other two wouldn’t worry about them, either.

 

When they were finally on their way back to the dorms, the atmosphere was rather tense and the two stayed silent. Benji was thinking about what he could say or do to make it less awkward but he couldn’t come up with anything. “Sooo…”, he hesitatingly started, having lost his hopes in finding anything decent, so what the heck. He would come up with something. “Don’t ask!”, Eunjung cut him off immediately. “I wasn’t about to… I was just trying to tell you something!”, Benji defended himself. “As if! I know how curious you always are!”, Eunjung continued. “No! Seriously I was just asking… I wanted to know… I mean… just remind me to apologize to Heedo and ask him why he was following Youngji…!”, Benji mumbled, the last part regarding Heedo following Youngji being incomprehensible to Eunjung. “What do you always do to the poor guy?!”, she suddenly shouted at him, clearly overreacting for no apparent reason. “What…?! He just left me alone…!”, “ Everyone would leave you, Benji! You’re annoying as hell.”, Eunjung teased, enjoying the way it rilled him up.

 

“Not true! You are here!”,

“Only because we have to walk the same way!”

“Liar ! I know your mother taught you better than to lie!”

 

♤♡♢♧

 

Not even ten minutes later Eunjung started whining. “Beeennjjiii, my feet hurt… will you carry me?! Please!”, “No! Remember we just walk the same way. We are in no way related and you’re too heavy anyway!”, Benji answered out of protest. He continued walking, leaving the stopping Eunjung behind and waited for her sharp reply. He thought she would insult him any moment but he wasn’t expecting the shoe that came flying his way, though. “Yah are you out of your mind!?”, Benji screamed and turned around, facing her.

 

“Why are you being like this?!”, Eunjung yelled back, walking past Benji, and her shoe, just leaving it  lying on the ground. “Eunjung, your shoe!”, he called after her but she didn’t budge. “Come on, don’t be like this! I will carry you! You can’t walk with just one shoe!”, Benji said, picking it up from the ground. “Forget it, you can have both of them! I don’t want to be carried by you anymore! I wish Hakyeon was here! Or Jeonguk! Each of them would have carried me!” With that said she threw her other shoe towards Benji . “Again you and your lies!”, the boy said, teasing her back and taking the other shoe as well.

 

They continued walking like that and even though Eunjung was still walking ahead of Benji, he knew she wasn’t really mad at him. She had even slowed down a bit, so he could and would catch up to her. Benji was trying hard not to burst out laughing but a smile still settled on his lips.

 

“You can go now. I arrived safely, you don’t need to worry anymore.”, Eunjung said, gesturing with her hands that he should finally leave when they had arrived in front of her and Youngji’s dormitory. “Yeah yeah, I will go, don’t worry.”, Benji promised, waved her good-bye and was about to walk away when he was suddenly stopped.

 

“Benji! Wait!”, Eunjung called him back. “I…I kinda…“ Her words left the boy in anticipation. What was coming now? Did the day finally arrive where she would be his? “I have no key to the room. I must have forgotten it in my locker… I…”, Eunjung had run up to him and destroyed his hopes the very moment she had built them up. "Do you think Youngji will come soon?“, Benji asked, sounding a bit disappointed. "I am not sure.. usually our shift would end in an hour and it takes almost an hour to get back to the dormitory…", Eunjung drifted off, obviously disappointed that she was just robbed the opportunity to get some sleep. 

 

“Come on, you can sleep over at our room.”, Benji offered, grabbing the chance when it showed up so clearly in front of him and dragged her already along before she could even start to protest. “But that's not allowed!“, she reminded him. "It's also not allowed to be outside the room after curfew which was two hours ago. So either way your breaking the rules. Wouldn't you then prefer doing that by sleeping in a comfortable bed…?", Benji argued. "But what about Heedo?”, “Don’t worry, you will sleep in my bed and I will sleep in Heedo’s. And when he returns he can sleep on the ground.”, Benji said jokingly. “Yah! If you will let him sleep on the ground I will throw you out of the window!”, Eunjung threatened and hit him on the shoulder. “But it is my room!”, “I don’t care! How can you do this to that sweet guy! He deserves a better friend than you!”

 

As soon as they arrived at the boys’ room, Benji handed Eunjung and oversized shirt and a pair of shorts so she could at least change out of the stupid uniform. She was currently occupying the bathroom while Benji was already comfortable lingering in Heedo’s bed. In a different situation Benji might have been glad to have Eunjung sleeping in his bed but under those circumstances he was just glad nothing had happened today and that he could offer her shelter.

 

The events of the last hours passed him by and Benji still wondered why Eunjung had been working at a host club. He wondered if she needed help. Did she need money or was someone forcing her? He wanted to help her, he really did. But at the same time he didn’t want to make her uncomfortable by prying into her business because she obviously didn’t want to talk about it.

 

When Eunjung returned she quietly went over to Benji’s bed. The girl caught him staring at her and turned around facing the wall. “Sleep tight…”, Benji mumbled, closing his eyes and getting ready to let sleep take him away. “Benji?”, Eunjung’s voice resounded quietly. “What is it?” Benji whispered as if afraid to break something if he might be too loud. “I just-… Thank you… seriously, thank you so much.”

 

♤♡♢♧

 

Heedo and Youngji were still at the club, sitting on one of the benches with a glass of water for Youngji. She still hadn’t said a word and Heedo was rather worried. He felt dumb for even once questioning her intension, behavior and all in all her whole person. He was disgusted with himself. On the other hand he was relieved. Relieved that she was alright. But his heart ached seeing her this broken, if that was even the right word to describe her current state…

 

Her eyes were red und puffy and she was staring into the room, at nothing in particular. Heedo tightened his hold around her shoulders and squeezed them to remind her that she wasn’t alone. “Youngji…?” But she didn’t really respond and seemed to be deep in thoughts. Heedo had no idea what to do. He felt so helpless and stupid. “Should I call Jaehwan? Should he come- “, he started but was quickly interrupted. “No! Please, you can not tell him any of this! Never!”, Youngji almost shouted, taking Heedo aback.

 

“I-… He shouldn’t know about this. No one should…”, she drifted off. “Eunjung and I just wanted to go to Paris and neither one of us could find another job. Then someone offered us this one and we thought ‚Why not? If we go together nothing would happen right?‘ … Now it almost ended like this…”, Youngji explained as if finally letting go of something.

 

Heedo heaved a sigh. That stupid, expensive Paris trip, he thought. Benji and him were working for the same reason. But he wondered why the girls would go such a drastic way. Then again he remembered how most of the jobs he had applied for required them to be male and the two had been  turned down multiple times, too. At least Youngji was just working at a host club, but still… his own thoughts drifted off.

 

“Thank you, Heedo.”, Youngji simply said and rested her head on his shoulder. She was obviously tired, probably due to the late hours and the incident from earlier. It seemed as if the whole world was weighting down on her shoulders. She seemed so lost and fragile. Heedo just wanted to take care of her. So he did what he could and provided her with warmth and comfort by wrapping her in a careful embrace.

 

“It’s alright, that’s what I am here for.”, he appeased her as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Just for a second he didn’t think about her as his love interest, didn’t think about his conscious and the conflict of his crush having a boyfriend. He just wanted to make her feel better.

 

“Youngji, let’s go home okay?”

 

♤♡♢♧

 

They had grabbed Youngji’s stuff from her locker and were now on their way home. Youngji was comfortable settled on Heedo’s back, her head resting on his shoulder. He wasn't sure if she was sleeping or not, at least she didn't say a word. But then again she had been quiet the whole time. Heedo wondered what was occupying her mind.

 

"Oh!, Heedo I forgot Eunjung. She must be worried or... we need to go back!“, Youngji was suddenly frantically waving with her arms, trying to get off Heedo. He let her carefully slide of his back, careful of that she wouldn't fall or hurt herself. Youngji wanted to walk back to the club immediately, but Heedo prevented it by holding her wrist. "Wait, let's call her first. Benji was looking for her. They might be home already.“, Heedo proposed.

 

Youngji grabbed her cellphone and the first thing she noticed was a message from Eunjung which informer her that her best friend was with Benji on her way home and since it was already over an hour ago she figured Eunjung was already back home. She heaved a sigh and all the previous panic vanished. "I thought I left her alone.", "Don't worry she is alright. Benji would always take care of her, you know that. Now let's get you home, too.“, Heedo said, tugging at her wrist so that she would follow along. He didn’t admit it but when she caught up with his steps, he still kept his hold on her and even slipped his fingers between hers. His mind was justifying the action with his care for her and that he wanted her to feel safe and secure but deep down he knew that he was doing this for much more selfish reasons. If Youngji had anything against it, she didn't voice it out loud and so Heedo didn't stop himself.

 

The two arrived at the girls’ dorm and went up to Eunjung’s and Youngji’s room. Even though Heedo wasn't allowed inside he didn't want her to go up alone and was almost sure they wouldn't cross path with anyone at five in the morning. Youngji opened the door and peeked inside. "Eunjung is not here...", "She must be with Benji then... maybe she didn't want to stay alone or she was drunk or something.“, Heedo assumed, reassuring her.

 

He was just about to see her off and be on his way to his room. "Heedo, do you wanna come inside?“, Youngji asked carefully as if it was forbidden, which it kind of was, but who was Heedo to deny her. He slightly nodded and followed her inside. "Sit down, I am just going to the bathroom.“, she told him and gestured to the couch in the middle of the room. Heedo hadn't been in her room before and it was  just like he had imagined. There were two beds, one rather messy while the other was exactly the opposite and Heedo was sure his crush was the tidy one of the two best friends. Her side was also decorated rather homely with a lot of pictures from friends and family and other items.

 

"Heedo if Eunjung is at your dorm she is probably sleeping at your bed, isn't she? I don't want to be disrespectful or anything but... ehm you can sleep here if you like. I- I mean you can sleep in my bed and I just sleep in Eunjung’s.“, Youngji soffered when she came out of the bathroom, having changed into a pair of cute pajamas. Heedo was rather surprised she would let him sleep over. Not only was it against the rules but wouldn't he make her feel uncomfortable? They didn't know each other that well after all. It was an entirely different story from Benji and Eunjung whom were familiar with each other and something like best friends on top of that.

 

"No- no. I mean I can just sleep at the couch at our room, don't worry about that. It's just one night. I don't want to invade your personal space or anything.“, he said and was just about to reach the door and grab it so that Youngji could finally go to sleep and rest but Youngji stopped him by grabbing his wrist this time. "It's not just that,... I- I actually don't want to be alone. Could you stay... please?“, she asked almost frightened. Heedo didn't know how or even what to answer, so he just carefully nodded. "I am just gonna sleep on the couch, though.“, he said and without another word Youngji grabbed her pillow and a light blanket and brought them to Heedo who had just returned to their couch.

 

He thanked Youngji and made himself comfortable on his sleeping place. Youngji watched him for a second and then made her way to her bed. "Heedo, I am glad it was you, thank you.“, she said and made him proud. "Of course, thanks for letting me sleep over here. Now rest well.“

 

 


 

Author's Note:

Dam dam daaaaaam, I feel like this really shows how different Benji and Heedo are. Benji is like the one to do stuff right away and only thinking about it afterwards while Heedo is the exact opposite... both could learn a lot from each other XD Also, don't hate me for using Jaejoong and Yunho as sugar daddies... I have nothing against them, I just needed some more mature idols OTL and YES! Cheers of pure happiness for Benjung!!! They're finally having a real moment!!! Let's hope for more of these guys! I need your support on this! <3 <3 <3

-mr_johnnie