Psycho alert

Me, Her and her Boyfriend

Psycho alert

 

My love to you had reached the point, I'm done

 


 

Benji's call had reached Heedo in the worst condition of the day. He probably would have killed Jaehwan if it had gone on like this. "What's the matter?", Heedo spoke into the phone, his voice a bittersweet mixture of annoyance and relief. "We need to go to Lotte World tomorrow after classes!", Benji shouted into Heedo's ear. He sounded wrought up and somehow hysterical like a mad wife who caught her husband cheating. “Why?“, was everything the younger but mentally more grown one could say. "This Jeonguk bastard called my Eunjung! He's taking her Lotte World tomorrow! Out of all places he picked Lotte World! There are just couples! Who in earth does he think he is?!“ The whiny voice on the other side of the line was so loud that it was ringing in Heedo’s ears. "Hyung...don't you ever think you're going too far sometimes? If Eunjung wants to go to Lotte World with Jeonguk, leave her be. It's her decision.", Heedo talked calmly, his nerves still being overstrained by both sides. Benji and Jaehwan.

 

Once Heedo had mentioned Eunjung's name, Jaehwan had looked up like a curious dog. He instantly looked for his phone, typing in something. Who was he texting to now? Heedo rolled his eyes. He could have bet his on that it was Youngji.

 

"This guy is no good to her! I can't watch her being entrapped by someone like that! Come home now! We need to talk about our plan!"Without even waiting for an answer, Benji hung up after having said what he had wanted to.  So typical. Like always Benji was only thinking about himself.

Heedo still wasn't fond of the idea stalking Eunjung. But how would he escape Benji's crazy plans? Well, at least the guy had an excuse now to leave the other weirdo and since Jaehwan was the bigger evil, Heedo was even thankful that Benji took him out of that absurd coffee shop scenery.

 

♤♡♢♧

 

There had been no escape out of the troublemaker’s crazy plan. Benji had forced Heedo to meet him after classes in front of Lotte World the next day but Heedo didn't want to waste his day like that, calling Jimin and Hyejeong to accompany them. At least it would be somehow normal and perhaps even enjoyable if the girls joined them. However, Heedo wasn't too sure if he could seriously let them meet his psycho of a friend.

 

"Yaaaah...why did you take friends with you...?", Benji complained when he saw Heedo and his company walking towards the entrance way where he was already waiting for his roommate. 'I don't want to waste my day like this, that's why.', Heedo thought, though he knew that Benji wouldn't take it like this. "How are we supposed to find Eunjung when it's just the two of us? We'll have higher chances finding them if we're four.", Heedo explained, gaining puzzled looks of the girls to which he replied with a simple head shake, signalizing them they shouldn't think too much about it. "Ahhh....!", Benji sounded as if he had listened to real words of wisdom. "I should let you plan things more often, you're really clever.“ Heedo sighed over Benji's obvious naivety. It was unbelievable how this guy made it to graduate. "Then how do we start now?", Heedo went on, just wanting to get things over with. "We'll split. And the person finding Eunjung first, calls the others.", Benji ordered all motivated and was already good to go but before he could start his mission, Heedo chimed in another time. "Let's walk around in pairs.", Heedo suggested, immediately gaining a more than irritated glance by Benji who furrowed his eyebrows, showing the lack of understanding.

"Don't you think Eunjung will be upset when she figures out we're stalking her? Let’s walk in pairs and when we run into her and get caught, we can claim we’re here together. If each of us goes alone, it’ll look suspicious.“

 

The taller guy rubbed his chin and tilted his head, thinking about the younger ones words. He had a point. “Alright. Then let's get going in pairs, Heedo let’s-" Already sensing that his friend was about to suggest something which wouldn’t brighten the younger one’s day, he quickly interrupted him with another explanation and better suggestion. "Let's each go with a girl. If Eunjung finds us following her, we can at least claim being on a date ourselves.", Heedo said. “Make her jealous, hyung. Show her, you’re good without her as well. Who knows, maybe it’ll work!“, he even cheered him on and already saw the amazement in his roommate’s eyes sparking. 

 

The small girl next to Heedo dropped her jar as soon as she heard him suggesting pretending to be on a date and in reaction to that grabbed his arm in excitement. "Okay, let's go on a date!", Jimin shouted happily and started moving, dragging Heedo unexpectedly with her even though she didn't get half of what the  boys had been talking about, leaving Hyejeong and the perplexed Benji behind.

 

“So…what is this all about?", Jimin asked after the two made-up couples had separated. Heedo looked at her as if he had been surprised over her sudden interest. "Well...", he looked for a right way to explain the situation, finding it best to not tell her too much since she didn't even know Eunjung at all, "A friend of us is dating someone... and Benji thinks they're not matching.", he said. "And that's why he's following her around? Sounds like Benji is a creep.", Jimin commented. "It's not like that.", even though every normal person would have thought the same, „That girl is something like his best female friend.", Heedo further explained. "Hmm..." His classmate still didn't seem satisfied with his explanation but she got distracted very quickly when she found one of the gift shops nearby and got all excited over it. It was a typical shop parents with their children or couples would have bought something in.

 

"Heedo! Let's buy something!", Jimin exclaimed and grabbed Heedo's arm to drag him into the shop. He was forcefully taken into it and almost stumbled over his own feet."Ribbons?", Heedo asked in disbelief once he faced what exactly made Jimin freak out like a little girl who had seen a puppy. "But isn't that more for little children or girls?“, he wondered and his eyebrows formed an uncomfortable line. "I think it's cute. Let's buy it.“, the girl still insisted and started to browse through the shop. Jimin quickly found a matching pair and even put a red, big ribbon onto her head, then tiptoeing to place another blue one on Heedo’s. "See? It's cute!“ Heedo kept being silent, just accepting how Jimin was treating him like a doll. A doll was better as a kid, the guy couldn’t help but compare her behavior to Jaehwan’s. Both were good in forcing things on others they liked, yet Jimin’s more mature way to do so was pleasing Heedo a lot better. Jimin went over to the shop assistant to pay for the ribbons and then dragged Heedo out of the store to find a new destination.

 

"Let's buy some cotton candy next!", she already suggested, almost moving but Heedo stopped her in an instant as soon as he found something more interesting. In front of him and Jimin the person they were told to find was walking with that certain someone Benji hated the most at the moment. "Eunjung!", he mumbled. "I need to call Benji.“ Heedo freed himself of Jimin's grip and quickly called the other guy while trying to follow the target.

 

♤♡♢♧

 

Eunjung and Jeonguk had met up early in the morning and were walking through the amusement park for a few hours by now. They were walking around the ice skating rink, armed with iced coffee Jeonguk had bought for them after needing a break from all the roller coaster rides the had taken. "Where do you want to go next?" Jeonguk asked. He was smiling brightly at his classmate, willing to go anywhere she wanted. "I'm not sure.", Eunjung answered, feeling a bit uncomfortable. Jeonguk had tried his best to make her enjoy the day but still there was that certain awkwardness between them. "You're not too impressed, huh?", Jeonguk asked.  As a sort of answer to that Eunjung raised her eyebrows, feeling both busted and even bad for letting him notice. "No, it's really not…-“, she tried to appease him but was cut off. „You don’t know this but… this is the first time I asked a girl out like this.“, Jeonguk told her and looked at the ground, smiling like a happy boy just for himself. "Huh?" Jeonguk's sudden confession left Eunjung in surprise.

 

The dancing prodigy was smiling a bit embarrassed while placing his hands nonchalantly in his jeans pockets. "I mean, it's not my first date but I never asked a girl out I talked to for the 2nd time. I just couldn't wait to ask you...I was too afraid someone would take you away from me.“ His cheesy words caused the girl to chuckle in embarrassment. "AIGOO...! Don't say things like that! That's too cheesy! I’m gonna cringe!“, Eunjung complained and softly slapped his upper arm.  "It sounds as if I'm super special!“ Jeonguk started laughing and grinned at her, his expression already saying more than words. "I think you're funny. Funny and weird. To be honest I first thought you and Benji were dating.“ If he hadn’t brought up this sensitive topic, Eunjung would have slapped him for being even more kitschy but mentioning Benji was taking her mind to somewhere completely else. "What?! We're not dating at all!", Eunjung defended herself immediately causing Jeonguk to laugh about her behavior even more. "I know.", he assured her, "I knew when I saw how you observed Hakyeon. Your crush is extremely obvious." Even though he was smiling towards her, Eunjung felt attacked by Jeonguk all the more. "W-what...I...I don't...", she muttered nervously. "No need to deny. I already confirmed it through Victoria.“, the guy admitted and shrugged his shoulders. "Yah! Why does she tell others of my crush so open-minded?!", Eunjung now asked angrily. "It's not like it was a big secret.", Jeonguk convinced her in an amused manner. "...but if you knew. Why did you ask me out?“ Eunjung’s voice had turned completely sheepish. Feeling busted wasn’t nice. It felt burdensome and she felt even worse because she had agreed to go on a date with someone who knew that she liked some other guy. "You're interesting. And I think I can do better than Hakyeon. If this is a battle field, I'm willing to step on it... and I'll declare it a war right now." Jeonguk playfully raised his fists and acted as if he was holding a weapon in his hands. Eunjung replied with a simple laugh. "You're crazy. Crazy and too self-confident.", Eunjung laughed it off and shook her head. "You forgot 'handsome'.", Jeonguk added and both of them laughed together. "No, I'm being serious now. I don't want to make friends with you. I will teach you dancing starting today, but I want you to be willing to give me a chance convincing you I'm better than Cha Hakyeon, in return."

 

The fun atmosphere suddenly disappeared and Eunjung found herself sipping at her iced coffee thoughtfully again. No matter how quick Jeonguk had turned the atmosphere into a joyful happy one, he had let it drop like a stone in the water just now. The young woman had to think about what she should do. To gain Hakyeon’s attention she needed to somehow stand out. Dancing was a pretty easy way but going out with another guy… wasn’t that cheating? Even though she wasn’t dating Hakyeon all of this didn’t feel right. At least without any conditions. "But that doesn't mean we're dating.", she agreed after a while, pointing up her finger. The point was set. Meeting as dating people was cheating. Meeting as friends was not. "Yah...who do you take me for? As if I needed to buy me a girlfriend with my skills.", Jeonguk blurted out, acting all offended and pinched Eunjung into her waist. "YAH!", she squeaked which left Jeonguk with loud laughters. "So, next time you're to choose where we'll have our next date!", Jeonguk told her with a grin and pinched her again, forcing an agreement to the second date with it - and it worked out pretty well. "Alright, alright!", Eunjung surrendered while trying to push his hands away, almost running into one of the signposts.

 

"Be careful!“ As she almost bumped into it, Jeonguk  pulled her back to avoid her hitting her head at it, right into his arms. "Ah...sorry!", Eunjung mumbled until she realized where he had dragged her to. His right arm was completely placed around her waist, pushing Eunjung against Jeonguk's body. Her eyes formed small slots when she glared at him. "...YAH!", she shouted and hit her fists again Jeonguk's chest. He immediately let go of her and winced in pain. "This was on purpose!"

Jeonguk was rubbing his aching chest but laughed. "You wouldn't believe me if I'd say no, so I'm not even trying to deny it.“ It didn’t really satisfy her, hearing his admission. All she could do was making a face and cross her arms. "Who allowed you to do that?“, she asked a bit salty about his cheep attempt to build up some skinship. "Do I need allowance to touch the girl I like?", Jeonguk and demonstratively grabbed her hand. "What the-?!“, the girl huffed but her date cut her off. "Come on, I've got some fun idea!"

 

♤♡♢♧

 

Benji and Hyejeong met up with Heedo and Jimin a few minutes after Heedo had called. All Heedo had told his roommate was that they had found the elder’s crush and her date, but not in which condition or situation they were in. Benji just caught up with them the moment when Jeonguk started pinching Eunjung. Witnessing someone touching his beloved Eunjung was driving him mad enough to make him forget that he was actually stalking her and shouldn’t get caught. He was about to run right towards them but Heedo managed to hold him back and drag him back to the little gift shop he and Jimin had waited behind. "Ya-!", Benji wanted to yell outraged but Heedo quickly covered his mouth with his hand, his roommate trying to fight him and drooling all into his hand. "Shhhhht!", Heedo hissed, ignoring the saliva running over his palms. "Don't get caught like that, hyung! Don't you ever think about what you're doing before you actually take action?!“ It was unbelievable how mindlessly Benji was running through society. "Mhhh! Mhh-Mhhh-MHHHHHH!", Benji tried to communicate through Heedo's hand. When he managed to free himself out of Heedo's unexpected strong grip, he got all the more angry. "How can you stand in front of me and watching this ?! Don't you like Eunjung? You also got a crush on her, so how can you accept this?!", Benji barked.

 

The girls remained silent, Jimin first looking irritatedly from one guy to the other and then step by step got more than displeased over Benji’s informative outburst about Heedo’s alleged feelings for Eunjung while Benji's outburst itself caused Heedo a serious headache. The young student placed his fingers between his eyes and sighed. How should he explain things to Benji so he wouldn’t cause even more trouble?  "If Eunjung is happy, I'm also happy... you should be happy for her, too, if she finally found someone she likes.", Heedo tried to calm him down in a way Benji could relate to. But as expected, he couldn’t. "Even if she really likes him, how can I accept someone next to her that is not worth her just a bit! He's not right for her and I won't ever accept anyone with her if he's not 100% the right one! You shouldn't either! Even if the person you like is in a relationship with someone, she probably can't see how that person isn't matching with her! Then it's your job to save her!" Benji was all worked up. Luckily he wasn't able to see how Jeonguk had pulled Eunjung into his arms, as it was all happening behind Benji's back. Heedo did and while Benji was ranting on him harshly, he couldn’t concentrate properly because he was praying that Benji didn’t turn around and get even more furious about Eunjung’s and Jeonguk’s lovey-dovey time. But when the troublemaker was finally done talking, he turned around and noticed how Jeonguk grabbed Eunjung's hand and dragged her with her into the haunted house.

 

"YAH! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" Benji shouted and ran after them.

 

"HYUNG! NO!", Heedo called him and followed, too. 

 

♤♡♢♧

 

It was almost pitch black inside of the haunted house, fake screams echoing through the narrow hallways. It was empty enough so the two staling boys were able to hear Eunjung's screams and Jeonguk's amused laughters once they had set step inside. It sounded as if Jeonguk scared Eunjung on purpose.  "I swear I'm gonna kill that rascal!", Benji hissed and hurried through the hallway to follow the origin of Eunjung’s screams, Heedo close up behind him. 

 

They reached a big room full of mirrors, the lights in it turning on and off like lightnings, sometimes turning off completely for a few moments while low - voiced laughters were played in the background. Eunjung and Jeonguk were standing on front of a cage in which someone seemed to be captured. As the person inside suddenly moved against the cage wall, Eunjung got scared and jumped right at Jeonguk and hugged his arm, screaking.

 

"YAH! HANDS OFF OF HER!!", Benji growled immediately and approached them. "HYUNG! HOLD ON!“, Heedo shouted and wanted to grab his shoulder to hold him back when suddenly the lights switched off again and the students were all covered in darkness. Heedo rarely managed to grab Benji's arm being relieved that he could prevent him running into deeper just to witness that it wasn't who he had expected when the lights again. “...oh oh…“, Heedo muttered. 

 

Jeonguk looked up at Heedo who was about half a head taller than himself. The bow Jimin had put  on his head made him look ridiculous. "Yah...who the heck are you... did you seriously mistook me for your boyfriend?", Jeonguk asked, freeing himself from Heedo's grip. The tall guy just looked shocked back at Jeonguk. Boyfriend?  But why…? It took him a minute to remember that Jimin had put a blue ribbon on his head. Aww no! Seriously? In frustration Heedo grabbed the ribbon and pulled it of his head. “Don’t misunderstand! It’s not like that!“, he wanted to defend himself but Jeonguk wasn’t willing to listen. "I'll get going.", he simply said and already turned around. Panic spread in Heedo's body. If he was with Jeonguk right now, Benji was probably with Eunjung and just by looking at Jeonguk's tattooed arms, Heedo feared for Benji's safety. Jeonguk would beat the out of Benji if he saw him nagging his current date. He needed to protect Benji somehow…after all they were friends. And he would be the one to take care of the beat up Benji afterwards.

 

"Don't leave me alone!", Heedo suddenly started whining and grabbed Jeonguk’s arm, pulling him back. After all Heedo was an acting major. If Jeonguk thought Heedo was gay, he would play gay then. Maybe he would win some time for Benji with it. It just needed to be enough so Benji would gain back his right mind and finally leave Eunjung alone. 'You owe me big time, Hyung!', the maknae thought while holding onto Jeonguk.

 

 

 

Meanwhile Benji had dragged Eunjung away into a dark hallway full of candles. "...Benji?!" Eunjung's face showed how shocked she was about Benji suddenly appearing out of nowhere. "What are you doing here? Where is Jeonguk?“, she asked bewilderedly and looked around, searching for the missing boy. "I...", Benji thought about if he should deny that he had been following Eunjung the whole day or not. In the end lying seemed more dangerous to him than to admitting everything. "Don't freak out, okay? I followed you-“, he tried to start an explanation but hot-tempered Eunjung was losing it in an instant. "YOU DID WHAT?" Eunjung's voice screaked unnaturally highly. "HAVE YOU GONE INSANE?!“ Benji sighed, moving uncomfortably on the same spot. "I didn't want Jeonguk to hurt you and prevent you from being foo-!“, he went on, being once more silenced by the loud voice of his friend. "WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE WHAT IS GOOD FOR ME OR NOT?! ARE YOU CRAZY?! DID YOU EVER THINK ABOUT HOW I FEEL AND THAT I WANT TO DECIDE ON MY OWN WHO I'M ACTUALLY DATING AND WHO IS GOOD FOR ME OR NOT?!", Eunjung was shouting furiously. " But I just worried-!“, "SHUT UP!", Eunjung interrupted any attempt of him to talk. Just then Jeonguk, followed by Heedo, rushed into the dim - lighted floor. Eunjung was gnarling in silence, containing herself as good as possible, but she was obviously angry as hell. "I don't want to see you for a while now. So just leave me alone, okay?", she hissed and then looked at Jeonguk. "Thanks for today, I had a lot of fun...but I'm leaving now." She turned around and left the haunted house alone, the guys behind her watching her back as she disappeared.

 

"What happened?", Heedo asked, not having witnessed a bit of Benji’s and Eunjung’s fight. Benji was about to give him an answer but was interrupted by Jeonguk who had started laughing.  "What's so funny to laugh about?", Benji asked not amused at all. "You're cute.", Jeonguk answered and walked over, patting Benji's shoulder who just angrily slapped his hand away. "I'll give you some really precious advice, dude. Stay away from my girl. She's not even an inch interested in you.", Jeonguk’s laughters died out and were replaced by a warning seriousness. The smaller guy was moving his jar in anger, heaving an annoyed sigh as he was starting to challenge his rival openly. 

"Where the hell would you know that from?", Benji barked back at him."You're friends for a long time now, huh? Dude, you're so deep into the friend zone, you won't ever get out there again. Don't keep your hopes up too high.  Eunjung will never appreciate you as a real man that could match with her.“ Jeonguk’s more than arrogant sounding words made Benji's hands formed fist. "But you're more than just a friend to her?", he hissed through gritted teeth. "Yupp. 'Cuz I told her right away what my intentions are. I don't try to make fiends with her. I want her to be my girl, and still she's hanging out with me. That should be proof enough, don't you think so?“ Jeonguk placed his hands in his trousers pockets.  "I'll give you a deadline. Until the big semester's end performance you can try to get her…but if you fail from that day on she'll be mine. I'll make sure of that, I promise. Give your best, buddy...though even that won't be enough.“ Jeonguk grinned and then left like Eunjung before, his competitor watching him in such a furry that his whole body was trembling. "What an ...", Heedo murmured and approached Benji. "Hyung, are you alright?"

 

Semester's end performance? Seriously?  This guy was making fun of Benji. The semester's end performance was a kind of concert  where the top 5 female and top 5 male evaluation groups would perform at. He would definitely get Eunjung until then and then make Jeonguk crawl in front of him, begging forgiveness. Benji was looking at the ground, his whole body was shaking of anger. He snapped and then rushed outside.

 

„HYUNG!"

 

 


 

Author's Note:

Dating time and love trouble! Poor (stupid) Benji is like always messing up his own chances with his Eunjung. Well... now he's in some very deep trouble, how will he get her back since she's so super angry at him? I'm so excited for the next chapters...omo they're going to be much more fun after this dramatic chapter! Jaedoo all the way! (Yes, I'm also a Jaedoo shipper,hahaha). I don't have a lot to say in this author's note, I'm sorry. I'm just thankful for all of you reading our story :)

- Jey-chan