Another day, another chance

Me, Her and her Boyfriend

 

 

Another day, another chance

 

When your problem becomes mine

 

 


 

 

"Yah! Heedo don't be like this! Get up! You need to go to your lecture!“, Benji nagged as he not so gently kicked the lump on the other bed. The third day of the semester had just started opposed to the very first one. The duo had 20 minutes left until their lesson would start and while Benji was already showered, motivated and dressed in clean clothes, Heedo was still sulking on his bed. "Maknae! Don't be like that! You have no right to mop around! Your hyung will be fine! It might not look too good for me right now but just wait and I'm gonna show this guy where he belongs to. Definitely not to my Eunjung!“, Benji declared, dragging Heedo out of his bed.

 

Yesterday when they had met Eunjung’s evaluation group and Benji’s love rival, things didn't seem all that bright. Heedo and Benji both didn't stay for much longer after they had been introduced to everyone. They had felt a bit too uncomfortable around them. The two couples showering each other with affection and Eunjung’s goggling over her crush weren't really helping the matter. Benji was sure he was the one in the bigger misery but somehow Heedo behaved more miserable than him. He had even seemed quite devastated. The maknae hadn't said a word through out the whole encounter and whenever someone tried to involve him into a conversation he would just answer as short-spoken as possible, blocking any attempt. Even when they returned to the safety of their own dorm room he had kept his silence.

 

Sure Heedo wasn't the most talkative one but he wasn't that quiet usually, either. So something seemed off, especially when he was behaving that awkward even a day later. The only encounter happening was the one with Eunjung, so what was the trigger to Heedo’s extreme mood change? What else could have upset him this much except for Benji’s love problem? The elder couldn’t tell.  He could just assume. And it wasn’t a secret that Benji was utterly bad at it. “Don’t worry Heedo, you still gonna see Eunjung a lot from now on. I am just gonna beat this guy! No chance in hell he will-", Benji started his speech, but was rudely interrupted by Heedo ignoring him and walking straight into the bathroom.

 

 

♤♡♢♧

 

 

"Okay Heedo, help me come up with a master plan!“, Benji continued as soon as the two had left their room with the younger one looking a lot more awake. Heedo wasn't sure where his hyung got his motivation from but then again Benji had just to fight a simple crush, not a boyfriend for who knows how long, like he did. Why was he dumb enough to fall for the first girl he had laid his eyes on?

 

"I could sing for her, you now like Romeo & Juliet, I am also funny I could just tell her jokes and make her laugh. Aish... is there anything I can't do?“, Benji praised himself. "I am just gonna leave you now. Because unlike you I really want to make some friends here and not be remembered as the weird guy.“, Heedo said and immediately made his way towards the next classroom. "She has no other choice then to choose me and forget him!“, the older one continued, not even noticing that Heedo had left, as if he was in his own little world.

 

As soon as Benji entered his own classroom, he immediately spotted Eunjung waving at him. This was going to be his day, he was gonna show her who was really made for her. "Morning Benji.“, she greeted him cheerfully. "Morning! Ready to conquer dancing lessons later on?“, Benji replied just as joyful. „Mhm.", was all he got as response. That and a shy glance to the ground. It was then that he should have known that things would take a dramatic turn.

 

 

♤♡♢♧

 

 

"Just forget her! Just forget that she even exists. You are not gonna see her that often anyway.“, Heedo mumbled to himself. She wasn't even worth it, he figured. Just because she was being nice to a freshman didn't mean she would always be like this. Yes! She probably had an awful personality! Heedo encouraged himself in forgetting about Youngji. Her boyfriend seemed to be straight from a mental hospital, what where the chances that she was normal?

 

The youngster was sure he would find someone better. Someone without a boyfriend, someone who would immediately fall for him, not the other way round. With that kind of determination he entered his next class, glad that his mentor crush seemed as if she had only been around the first day of the semester. That would make things a lot easier for him. What Heedo yet had to learn was that faith was seemingly against his plan. Because when he took a seat for his next lecture, someone suddenly tapped on his shoulder.

 

„Hi, Heedo was it, right? Glad to see you again. Is it okay if I join you?“, a sweet voice asked and as if just struck by a thunder Heedo couldn't do anything but nod. There she was, the one person Heedo desperately wanted to avoid. "I am Youngji, you know… Eunjung’s friend from yesterday.“, she tried to explain because he seemed to be dazed or lost, Youngji couldn't really tell. "Oh, yeah I know, sorry. I just-…“ Heedo stopped mid-sentence. His opponent only giggled due to his cute behavior.

 

"You are so adorable. I really like you. Tell me if you ever need something I am gonna help you.“, she said making a little fighting pose. Heedo hated this day already. He wasn't cute. Most of all she wasn't supposed to think he was cute. What had he done wrong to deserve this!?

 

 

♤♡♢♧

 

 

5th till 9th period were dancing class and usually Benji was enjoying them until the very last second, especially now that Eunjung would be by his side. Starting this semester he could impress her and help her out since she had changed majors just lately and might not be that good yet, or so he thought. Well, Benji had thought wrong. Eunjung slayed all the moves from their warm up routine and obviously didn't need any help at all. "Should I help you with that?“, Eunjung mocked her best friend since he had so arrogantly offered his help before he had known how good she actually was. „Funny.", Benji mocked right back. "Just wait until we really begin. I won't help you then.“ , "Is someone hurt, because he isn't as good as he thought?“, she continued her attack, poking Benji in the sides, making him squirm.

 

Suddenly the door opened revealing Benji’s worst nightmare. "Sorry I am late, Mr. Kim and I had to discuss things for... you know what." A new voice appeared, causing Eunjung to stop and turn to its source. "It's okay Mr. Cha, just don't make it a new habit of yours.“, their teacher answered. Benji was more then perplexed. He hadn't even thought of the possibility of him being in the same class. That just created a new problem.

 

Lucky enough Benji’s nightmare started to warm up on his own and didn't seem to notice any of them. Especially not Eunjung fangirling over him. "Benji, how lucky am I? See, I told you about the guy who made me change majors. Well that is him, Cha Hakyeon!“, Eunjung said all excited to see him and as if on cue the older raised his hand and waved at Eunjung directing a warm smile towards her and Benji. Just You wait, Cha Hakyeon. You gonna wish we never crossed paths!, Benji thought directing a rather obviously fake smile back at him.

 

 

♤♡♢♧

 

 

Heedo was doomed, just plainly doomed. How could he forget Youngji when she was behaving like this? During the whole lecture she tried to initiate him in some kind of conversation. He just couldn't get out more then three words with his dream and nightmare at the same time right beside him. How dumb was he to even think he could forget her just like that?

 

"Heedo? Are you listening?“, Youngji asked him. The lecture had already ended and they were currently standing in front of the classroom. "Yeah- yeah sure.“, he answered. Having no idea what she had just asked. "Perfect! Then let's go! Benji is probably with Eunjung anyway.“, she said cheerfully while grabbing his hand and dragging him along to god knows where.

 

But Heedo didn't care. She could take him everywhere, he figured, especially if she would hold his hand like this. Heedo caught himself staring at her when she turned around to check on him. It made him quickly averting his gaze to the ground, making her giggle once more and causing him to blush. He was so doomed.

 

 

♤♡♢♧

 

 

Three hours and a way to hard routine for the beginning of the semester later, Benji was sprawled on the ground with Eunjung sitting next to him, gulping the rest of her water down. What bothered Benji was that instead of paying attention to him, she was watching that guy the whole time. It would all have been much easier if he wasn't so freaking good at dancing.

 

“Pshh, Benji you think I could ask Hakyeon to join us for lunch? Or would that be weird?”,  his friend asked him, making him only role his eyes. “He probably has better plans. Maybe he doesn't even remember you.” Benji tried everything to get him as far from Eunjung as possible but when he saw the disappointment in her eyes, he felt already bad about what he said. “But just ask him. If he doesn't remember you, just remind him! I mean who could forget such an obnoxious loud person like you anyway?”, he joked trying to lift her mood, even though that might back-fire on him later.

 

No matter how hard he might  have tried to keep them apart, Benji couldn't make Eunjung upset just for his happiness. “No it's okay. You're right, I should get to know him better first. I'd rather have you endure my obnoxious and loud self.”, she said while disheveling Benji’s hair as a kind of punishment. When they left the room, Eunjung went ahead and bumped into another classmate making her fall to the ground. “Watch where you're going!”, Benji barked, immediately helping his friend up again and checking if she was alright. “Sorry I guess I just didn't see you there.”, someone answered, who Benji recognized as Suzy. A rather popular girl majoring in singing. So what was she doing here, Benji wondered.

 

“Suzy what are you doing?”, another person joined them. Benji noticed Eunjung stiffening first before he even realized that the one and only Cha Hakyeon had joined them. “Oppa, you know how clumsy I am.”, Suzy whined, trying so hard to act cute that Benji actually wanted to puke. “Sorry about that guys.”, Hakyeon apologized. “Eunjung and Benji, right?”, He continued as soon as he witnessed Eunjung cowering behind Benji. “How about we get some lunch together?”, he asked and Benji just wondered how unlucky he could be on one single day. “Oppaaaa, you promised to take me out! What happened to that? They are fine, don't worry about them.”, his female company whined once again. “Sure, sure. We just meet a different time then, I won't forget it.”, Hakyeon directed his words towards Eunjung and Benji before he left with Suzy clinging to his arm. “That was disgusting…! Come on, I am starving.”, Benji urged, dragging Eunjung along while she still let her eyes follow the departing couple.

 

 

♤♡♢♧

 

 

“You would tell me if Hakyeon had a girlfriend, wouldn't you, Youngji?”, was the first thing Eunjung asked her friend when the two friends joined her at the table. Heedo was currently standing in line to get something to eat while Youngji had saved the table for them. “What!? Of course I would! You know Jaehwan and me, we don't keep secrets from one another and he can't keep such secrets anyway.”, Youngji said. But Eunjung still wasn't fully convinced and heaved a sigh. “We met him with Suzy.”, she stated. “Ohh... Suzy. I know what you mean. But believe me they are not dating. Even though I am not sure what her intentions are.”, Youngji pondered.

 

“Why me!?”, Eunjung whined and let her head fall on the table as if she had lost all hope. At that time Heedo returned with a full tray. When he sat down, he placed a plate with sandwiches in front of Youngji and gave her some water as well. “Thank you Heedo, you are so sweet.”, she thanked him and that was when Benji caught Heedo blushing even though he tried to hide it. But Benji didn't think to much of it for now. “Eunjung.”, Heedo tried to get her attention while shoving his banana milk over to her, trying to cheer her up with it.

 

Eunjung raised her head and immediately smiled at the youngest while accepting it. “Yah! Benji, why can't you be more like him!”, she grumbled and took a sip on her drink. “I am perfect the way I am! Heedo just doesn't know you yet, that’s why he’s being so nice! And you! Don't betray your hyung like that! Stop stabbing my back!”, Benji spit towards Heedo, who seemed unimpressed about the whole ordeal.

 

“Yah, don't scream at him like that! Heedo, if this grump is ever mean to you, tell us! I am going to teach him how to behave!”, Eunjung continued, staring her friend down in some kind of staring contest which Benji returned just as stern. As the pair continued their bickering, Heedo rather tried to pay attention to the person next to him. In fact without being noticed since said person was currently on her cellphone, the sandwich long forgotten, still lying untouched in front of her.

 

She actually had wanted to get him his food, but Heedo had insisted on it being the other way round. He somehow felt as if she rather considered him as a cute little brother then as a man and Heedo couldn't live with that. He definitely needed to change it.

 

“Youngjiiiiiii!”, an unfortunately familiar loud voice disturbed them suddenly. Of course it was no other then Jaehwan, screaming for his girlfriend through out the whole cafeteria. She waved him over and started to pack her stuff. “Sorry guys, I am going to leave you. Thanks again for the food, Heedo.”, “Ready to go?”, her boyfriend asked her as soon as he reached their table but not before he had greeted all of them, even remembering their names. “Uhhh, food! Will you feed me? I am starving!”, Jaehwan begged and Heedo wanted to protest but what could he say? I got it for her even though she paid on her own. So since I am a stubborn teenager, I don't want you to eat this,... for no real reason... He couldn't do that. He was responsible. He was mature.

 

So he had to endure Jaehwan behaving like a child instead. The elder opened his mouth and just waited for his girlfriend to feed him while whining the whole time about how hungry he was. To Heedo’s horror Youngji even seemed to enjoy his acting, if her giggling was anything to go by. “Bye guys.”, she said and waved at them, Jaehwan finally starting to eat on his own and also waved them farewell.

 

As soon as the two had left, Heedo started stuffing the rest of his meal into himself, intensely staring at some random spot on the table. He was so deep in thoughts and they didn't seem to be the best ones. “Is he okay?”, Eunjung asked carefully, also witnessing the other’s strange behavior. “I think something just broke in him. But I am not sure why and what.”, Benji answered unsure himself.

 

 

♤♡♢♧

 

 

In the safety of their room Benji finally was brave enough to call Heedo out on his current anger issues. He didn't want to do that in front of Eunjung but the maknae was behaving really strange, the elder had to address it at least once. Heedo hadn’t spared a single word after Youngji and her boyfriend had left. Even on their way back to the dorm or when Eunjung had separated from them he had still protested to just even give a sound from him.

 

When Heedo was about to enter the bathroom, Benji took that as his go. “Stop! You're busted!”, Benji stated dramatically like he had just discovered the biggest secret alive. “I am what?”, the youngest asked more than irritated, yet Benji was one hundred precent sure he had figured it out. He had been able to put together the pieces of the puzzle. It hadn’t been easy, but he solved it and it hurt him to know that the maknae wasn't behaving like that because of Benjis and Eunjung’s relationship but rather his own. At least it made a lot more sense.

 

 “I know it all, maknae. You can't hide it from me.”, Benji continued his game and noticed that he must have hit bull’s eye when he saw the other halting in his moves, not even daring to turn around. “I know about your little crush and even though I am a bit hurt I can totally understand where it's coming from. But just because we are friends doesn't mean I will be easy on you.”, he warned him. “Hyung what are you talking about?”, Heedo asked now seriously confused and faced him directly. “I know that you like Eunjung as well! But I am going to fight you all! No matter if you or this Cha Hakyeon guy!”, Benji almost screamed.

 

For a second everything halted, none of the two dared to move. But then Heedo heaved a sigh and Benji couldn't tell if it was because he was relieved or annoyed. It might have been a mix of both. “Hyung, you are unbelievable dumb!”, Heedo said before finally entering the bathroom, slamming the door shut and leaving a confused Benji behind.

 


 

Author's Note:

Hello awesome people out there, 

I hope you are enjoying how this story is going so far and that we could manage to make you at least smile once until now ( if not then we probably totally failed T-T). Okay, to more serious matters... Guys you need to support Benji, he is honestly trying his best and he really is in love with Eunjung. Do not fall for Hakyeon! I REPEAT, DO NOT FALL FOR HIM! And while we are at it let's pity Heedo a bit, the poor kid does not have an easy time so far...

I hope you'll enjoy what will come and anticipate what and who will come along the journey =P

Thank you everyone for reading this <3

- mr_johnnie