002

loving you

and a few months down the road donghyuk joined the group. born in the same year but 2 months earlier than himself, junhoe was pleasantly surprised that the group somehow immediately reckoned him the maknae instead. okay well maybe not exactly surprised. junhoe was obviously the troublesome teenager that many weren't fond of dealing with, but donghyuk was the sweet kid who would gladly help the other members in any way possible. yet it still was not a forgotten fact that he was actually the youngest there.

junhoe was actually quite thankful for donghyuk being 'ordered around' (as he claimed) so he could get a little more rest for the practices and trainings. it was not like he didn't want to help out his hyungs and around the dorm, but he was a teenage boy with big dreams under a lot of pressure, growing up much faster than he should be. he wanted to do his best and give his 100% no matter what with the sole wish of possibly pushing their group's debut date earlier. it had been a dream to share his singing and dancing with people in korea and around the world since more than a decade ago, and now that he finally had a chance of doing so in his grasp, he would do anything he can to make his dream happen. 

however horrible a person he might sound, he was admittedly self-centred

---

"june ah do you want to help hyung clean up the dorm?" jinhwan peeked his head into the room with a hopeful look on his face. 

honestly if it was any other person asking him he would consider (and probably end up saying no as he's tired) but because it was his favourite hyung he thought about it for 3 seconds and agreed. and seeing the bright smile on jinhwan's face reaffirmed that it was the right choice to make. 

the other 4 went out on a shopping trip in myeongdong which junhoe honestly didn't understand - they were trainees; where would they even get shopping money from? junhoe wanted rest, and jinhwan stayed to 'take care of the dorm and the pesky devil' in which he got thrown a pillow at. 

and so they prepared all the cleaning materials, and the mission started off with jinhwan mopping the floor and junhoe wiping all the tables and chairs. they occassionally stole glances at one another, but immediately turning away when their eyes met. 

junhoe was confused, very confused. he had never behaved in this way before, but whenever it came to jinhwan everything changed. he hardly did chores around the dorm ever since donghyuk came and couldn't normally be bothered to do something of his own anyway. but now he was willingly holding wet cloths on his beautiful hands wiping down whatever dirt and dust that seemed to be residing on some precious furniture.

but he couldn't help himself. not when jinhwan asked him personally. he also couldn't stop looking at his hyung, observing his every move and thinking about the times they shared back in their room. jinhwan had been so welcoming, initiating conversations all the time and helping junhoe with whatever help he needed with. they found out more about each other and grown so much closer, but it didn't feel as if it was enough for junhoe. he wanted more.

it was just at this moment that jinhwan started coughing violently. startled, junhoe immediately rushed to his side, asking him what the problem was. "i'm fine, it's just some dust or something got into my throat."

"don't lie hyung, are you having a sore throat?" for the past few days jinhwan's voice had been sounding quite off, and whenever he thought no one was hearing he would cough and swallow profusely. but junhoe knew it all. 

being the eldest, jinhwan didn't want to drag the members down. it was true that he had a sore throat, but it was nothing in comparison to all the others' hard work put together. he still had to continue with all their vocal and dance trainings. he couldn't make the members worry. he had to go on. 

but junhoe thought elsewise. having no response from his hyung for nearly a minute, he dragged him into their room and pushed him down onto his bed. "stay here and rest, i'll finish up." and with that junhoe walked out, closing the door behind him.

---

the door softly opened again, with junhoe emerging with a cup in his hands. it was a drink that his mom used to make for him back for him when he had a sore throat, and now it was his turn to make his for jinhwan. it was not easy considering the limited ingredients available in the dorm (junhoe even went down to the nearby convinience store for some) and his 'fantastic' cooking skills.

he spied with his little eye, jinhwan lying fast asleep on his bed, blanket covering half of his face. he looked so cute, and really if jinhwan actually said that he was younger that junhoe he would accept that in a blink of an eye, but 3 year older? and that 3 years older hyung looked like a tiny sleepy kid, still cute even while he's asleep... gosh did junhoe actually had these thoughts flashing through his head?

"hyung, wake up." junhoe shook the elder's body slightly. jinhwan's eyes slowly blinked open as he sat up. junhoe took a seat beside him and handed him the cup. "drink this, maybe it'll help your throat feel better."

taking sips of the warm drink jinhwan immediately felt the soothing effects of it. before he knew it, he already finished it and unknowingly pouted at the empty cup. upon seeing this sight, junhoe could only chuckle at his adorable hyung. "i can make it for you again if you want, you know."

"it's fine, junhoe. but i feel alot better, thank you." jinhwan then turned his body to hug junhoe from the side, as a form of gratitude (or maybe he has just been waiting for a chance to do it? - he wanted to see how this affection allergic youngster would react to this) but couldn't seem to tell his body to pull away after a few seconds. jinhwan's much smaller body in comparison felt like a perfect fit against junhoe's, and he wanted to stay in that position for just a bit longer. "you're warm."

junhoe froze when he felt jinhwan's body in such close proximity. he wanted to push him away but couldn't bring himself to - firstly because it was jinhwan, and secondly, there was his comforting feeling to it. and so he settled with slinging an arm over jinhwan which led him to think because since when did junhoe himself did this? but then as an explanation to himself, he can't possibly have no reaction to jinhwan right?

and so they stayed in that position until jinhwan feel asleep again, with his arms still tight around junhoe's waist. junhoe slowly raised his arm up from around jinhwan's shoulder to play with the elder's bangs, before upwrapping himself from the koala hold. after tucking jinhwan in and muttering a soft "rest well hyung" (but it wasn't like jinhwan could hear it in his sleep), junhoe brought out the cup and headed to the kitchen.

with all the ingredients laid out in front of him, there was no doubt what he was going to do next.

but that was until he head the unlocking of the dorm's main door and a loud "WE'RE HOME!!!" and then junhoe had to run there to tell off them to shut up (hyungs or not) because jinhwan was resting.

~

a pretty abrupt ending HAHAHAH do leave comments on any particular scene you would like to see!! thanks for all the views and subs and comments <3